Urban Decay NAKED

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Urban Decay NAKED

4.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Ok so I have all 4 palettes and I'll break them down, the naked numbered palettes are more natural colours than other palettes I own:
The naked palette is like taupey browns and golds. The mirror on this palette is the smallest but I like this packaging the most as it's fuzzy. The pigment is really good on the shimmer shades and on the mattes they aren't my favourite but still pretty good. I prefer the texture of the shimmers over the mattes. The brush that comes with the palette is also nice and I do use it.

Naked 2 is my favourite palette, the shade range is similar to THE naked palette but I like the rose gold shade and the overall shade range of the palette. The mirror is bigger but the brush that comes with the palette is the same. The shimmers are amazing. The mattes feel a little less chalky but still lack that BAM pigment. I would say there's more grey/ silver colours in this palette than the naked

Naked 3 I had high hopes but fell short. The shades are gorgeous but LACK the pigment or the texture, they're grainy and chalky. The mirror is the same to the naked 2 palette and the brush is the same. The shimmers in this palette are a little chunkier and less finely milled and buttery so there is that and the shades BUZZ and TRICK are the worst shades in the palette by far. The second half of the palette has the usual UD quality though and have really good pigment. I believe there is only a few mattes in this palette compared to the other palettes

Naked smokey is very different and had very different shades to the other palettes. The mirror is the same as the naked 2 and 3 palettes but the brush is different. The bristles one side are longer and on the other side almost like blending under eye brush for that smoky look. The pigment is insane in this palette and the best by far but I don't love the shade range and I don't really use it. The first 2 shades are golden and really nice and the others are like dark purples, gun metal greys and bluey greys with a brown and white for dimension. The black in this palette is actually slightly had a sheen to it too. I think if you love dramatic eyes get this palette. The formula is the best and the brush is the best one. Also the packaging is sleek and very distinctive.
To conclude: steer away from naked 3. The palettes are around £40 each and each come with primer potion and I think something else like a lipgloss or something so that's a bonus too (they are tester though)
They are cult but they aren't my fav palettes anymore. But that's just my opinion. I've moved more onto warm toned eyeshadows more but none the less they were my starting palettes and hold a dear place in my heart. I think the palettes are subjective to opionion and I think try them instore to see if they're for you.

on 5/23/2017 5:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

The evolution of makeup & the accompanying gurus that make us salivate over countless palettes & their possible "looks" has meant that the average consumer's ability & standards have raised considerably. Just 5 years ago, this palette was everything. It is my favourite of all the UD Naked palettes, but more versatile palettes have since been released & it is no longer a staple for me. I still think it's a classic though & have no regrets.

This is an excellent palette for the money - great shades, long lasting, easy to apply. I've got brown eyes and this is where I started on the Naked palettes. Personally, I like the Naked 3 more for my colouring (more pinky tones). But this is just a winner. Buy this and you'll never need another eye shadow again (well, apart from Naked 3)

on 12/14/2016 4:23:00 PM

Ok , so to start I'd like to say this Palatte is nice , but I have to say I'm still not sure if I ' love ' it now this could be me having unrealistic expectation , but everyone talks of the great pigmentation - and for the cult classic half baked it just didn't live up . Now if I work well building this up ( whilst basically using up half the pan ) I can create a really pretty look and I will repurchase because I'm a fan of goldy brown looks they compliment my grey blue she just in not sure yet if this is the best pallete . I'm trying y get my hands on the too faced chocolate bar Palatte currently to see if that will cut it , but my judgment seems to sway with this product from like to love and to be honest and think part of that sway toward love is the influence of other loving and obsessing over it whilst I want to love it really bad , but I just build it up so much in my head this Palatte didn't live up to my great expectations . Aside from half baked the pigment seems to be good I would say sin was a bit under pigmented and side car gave me too much fallout however At the end of the day many of you will be looking for a reeled in look for day to day life which this Palatte could be great for and why I gave it the 4 star review I did .

on 11/23/2016 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I didn't like this palette. It was super basic. Extremely dupable. The colors were hard pressed. I will be returning. I prefer my TF Chocolate Bar Palettes and ABH Palettes to this

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I love this palette! The brush is great for blending, angling, and getting a lot of pigment on the lid for precision and to get the desired effect that you are looking for. This is very versatile and works well with a lot of skin tones in the fair to medium range. Personally, I have beige and cool-toned skin, and I'm able to create many different looks with this whether subtle or bold and smoky for both daytime and evening wear. Plus, this comes with a good quality eye shadow primer. Here's a break down of the colors:

Virgin (nude satin): Works great for highlighting
Sin (champagne shimmer): it mutes (and even slightly brightens up) darker colors well with just a hint of pink, yet it's sheer and is also good for highlighting and finishing a look
Naked (buff matte): This is one of the only matte shades. It's a great base, very natural
Sidecar (beige sparkle): I LOVE this shade. It has a beautiful pearly sparkle, great pigment
Buck (brown matte): The "Naked" shade's slightly darker sister. I use it in the crease or as a base a lot
Half Baked (bronze): Great for blue/grey eyes! Brightens up any look beautifully
Smog (golden brown shimmer): Great for smoking out a bronzey-gold look
Toasted (taupe bronze): one of my go-to shadows. It's gorgeous by itself on the lid. Very shiny, without being too glittery for everyday/casual use
Hustle (mocha shimmer): I use this below the eyelid or on my outer lid to add more of a dramatic look to the subtle colors (especially the matte ones, such as "Buck"). It's great by itself too when blended really well
Creep (near black metallic): A favorite of mine for an intense, dark look, especially on top of a more subtle grey
Gunmetal (dark grey metallic): You must blend well, and it requires a little highlighting, but the pigmentation is awesome. A staple for smoky eyes for sure

All the eye shadows last so long, have great pigmentation, and stand out great! Some might wish there were more matte shades, but I think it's a great balance. I'd recommend to most people who prefer shimmery colors.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This was my only neutral palette for about 5 years...I liked the shade selection but the finish leaves something to be desired. The shades that I would normally use are Sin, Smog, Half Baked, and Sidecar. They were all so shimmery that they were wet/metallic looking which is not my preference for everyday. Sidecar, Creep, and Gunmetal had a lot of fall out migrating sparkles/glitter. I think it's just the shape of my eyes that do not look good in such metallic shades, but this is a good quality palette anyways. The pigmentation is strong and the blendability is great.

on 1/28/2016 6:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I got this palette for about $80 as it wasn't available where I live so I had to order it. I don't regret it at all! I've had this palette for about two years now and haven't hit pan on any of the shades which is amazing. Definitely worth the price. The shades are highly pigmented and last all day, specially with the UD eye shadow primer potion. This is my go to palette for weddings. The only thing I dislike is the velvet packaging. I have 3 cats and their fur sticks to it and is hard to get off :( The brush is nice too, picks up just the right amount of product. All in all, a great product.

on 12/23/2015 3:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

All I need... this palette has beautiful colors. I was trying to figure out which one to buy first and after doing my homework I decided on this one - perfect colors for hazel eyes! Lots of different looks you can create from smokey sexy to everyday looks...

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Eyes: Violet

LOVE THIS PALLETE i got it for Christmas it's amazing I reach for it EVERY time.