Urban Decay NAKED

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Urban Decay NAKED

4.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the only palette of neutrals you'll ever need, ever. I promise.

Sure there are lots of other buttery and beautiful palettes out there that all promise the same thing, but this one will actually deliver. Why? There are a few reasons:

There is a great mix of warm and cool neutrals in this palette that can be mixed and blended to suit any skin tone and makeup look. You don't even need eyeliner because Creep (black) is so densely pigmented that you can wet an eyeliner brush and use this as eyeliner instead. I frequently do this since my eyelids are becoming more crepey as I get older and I dislike the drag of eyeliners, even the gel ones.

The formulas are like butter. Right on par with Lorac eye shadows. I find myself reaching for this palette more than my Lorac Pro palette on most mornings because I need to get out the door not looking like a hobo, and Urban Decay knocks this out of the park for me. The formula is so creamy that I'm able to literally smear some shadow on my eyelids and make it work. Not ideal, but possible nonetheless (and sometimes necessary... we all have hangover days).

I have oily lids so I don't usually get good longevity from any shadows, so I use a primer no matter what. I'm still able to smear color on top of the primer with my finger if necessary and still manage to look polished. With primer, I'm able to get 14 hours of wear before creasing. That's a bunch of craptastic meetings, irksome phone calls, too many emails to count, and several glasses of wine in a major city. Not bad.

Overall, if you need a multi-tasking palette that is both natural and can be played up depending on the time of day, the original UD palette is your best bet.

The naked palettes are a great line for every day looks.

I think this is a great palette for someone looking for every day wear to work makeup that can also be played up for a more dramatic nighttime look. Timeless colours that will never go out of style.

on 12/15/2016 6:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This palette is good but not great.the price of it is not justified.

I've always been a fan of pre-made eyeshadow palettes, since I'm far too lazy to create my own. The Naked palette is one of my favorites. It's a bunch of gorgeous warm shades, with great pigmentation and an amazing formula. Some of my favorite shades in the palette are half-baked, toasted, and sidecar. The packaging is a bit of an annoyance, but otherwise I enjoy the palette.

Another palette I'm surprised I haven't reviewed yet!

Naked 1 is one of the most popular neutral palettes on the market. It's a starter palette for many people getting into makeup and a staple product for many makeup lovers. This was my second more expensive palette (the original Too Faced Natural eyes palette was my first). I've had this and used this for years now. I have pan on a couple shades. Naked 1 has strong pigmentation and stays on all day.

I use Virgin (good inner corner highlight)
Sin (pink champagne)
Naked (light matte brown)
Buck (very warm matte brown)
Half baked (metallic gold)
Smog (mid tone bronze)
and Dark horse(dark shimmery brown) regularly.
My favorites are Naked and Half baked.

My biggest con with this palette is that I don't use all the shades. I neglect sidecar (which is a glittery) and the last four shades- toasted, hustle, creep and gunmetal. That’s 5 out of 12 I’m not using. Almost half the palette.

I feel like gunmetal was a weird choice to put in this palette. One shimmery, cool dark grey with a bunch of warm toned browns? I suppose it could work with creep for a smoky look...but I would want a lighter grey or silver to do more of a gradient smoky eye. So I do not like gunmetal in this palette. I also think creep should have been replaced by a dark matte black. I do use this color to darken the outer v or set liner.
In addition it's worth noting there is not a matte brow bone color. The only two mattes are Naked and buck.

I like this palette. I've been using it more lately as it's one of my older palettes. I have low-key thought about doing a pan that palette with this but that's a big undertaking. From using this daily for a while I can't say confidently that I would repurchase. I have other neutral palettes that have similar colors. I do like this palette overall and the looks I get with it.

Do you need it? Depends on how important mattes are to you and what colors you are looking for. Swatch in store if you can to really get an idea if it's for you.

on 8/25/2016 2:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This is GORGEOUS. I tried Urban Decay eyeshadows and now I can never go back. I just can't. They are definitely worth the hype, particularly this palette. Ridiculously expensive here in Australia, and yet its one those products I am willing to cough up for, even though initially I felt like a moron paying that much for eye-shadow -I'm glad I bought it.Has totally changed the way my eye make-up looks in a drastically positive direction.

on 8/9/2016 2:49:00 AM

This was my first ever high end eyeshadow palette and I haven't looked back since. I got this waaay back, around 4 years ago (kinda gross, I know) and I haven't even hit pan on any shadow. I use them quite often and I find that the quality of the shadows haven't deteriorated at all.

Formula wise, this is perhaps one of the best formulas out there. Everyone probably has this palette already or has started with this when getting into makeup- the hype is real. Most of the colors are warm toned and would suit a variety of skin tones. My favorites would have to be Half Baked, Naked and Buck all used at the same time. They blend extremely well and have excellent wear time (most especially with primer). Out of all the Naked palettes this is my must have and one true love. The quality of the product makes it well worth it.

Packaging, however, is another thing to be desired. I'm very particular about my makeup's packaging and I constantly make an effort to keep my tools clean. This palette's velvety exterior however is a magnet for lint and dust.

Aside from that, I fully recommend this palette if you are a beginner and want to start getting into makeup.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

The shades are decent, and the quality is great, but it just doesn't "wow" me. It's nothing exceptional and even though I don't regret buying it, I wouldn't repurchase it.

The excellent quality of the shadow is so good that the pallet will last you for a really long time, because there's not a lot of excess powder buildup like you get with a lot of other brands. What your brush picks up stays right on the brush, and you don't have to worry about fallout. Plus it's got great pigmentation, so a little goes a long way.

I also bought the Naked 2 pallet, although now I wish that I hadn't bothered with that one because they're almost identical.

I haven't used the Naked 2 pallet yet, so send me a message if you're interested in swapping. I would love to try the Naked 3 pallet, I love all things MAC, Chanel, Guerlain, etc. I'm open to trying new things.

on 5/12/2016 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This is the first palette I ever bought and I literally never use it anymore. The pigmentation is amazing, the colors are absolutely beautiful, but what really puts me off is the lack of mattes. I have medium skin so it's hard to get some nice crease action from this palette. There are only 2 matte shades. One doesn't show up in my skin tone and Buck is only good as a transition shade, not if I want to deepen up my crease. I find the shimmery shades a little too shimmery to use in the crease for everyday. I never use it because it's hard to get a full look without pulling in other palettes, so I prefer to stay within my Lorac Pro or Tartelette In Bloom. It's a great palette, but the deeper your skin gets, the harder it is to create a full look from this palette without having to pull in other shades. And the older you get, the more unappealing the shadows look because they are just SO shimmery and too glamorous for work (in my experience anyway). If you have fair skin, the mattes will be just fine for your skin tone. This is definitely not a beginner's palette. For a first palette, I recommend Lorac Pro. Buy this palette only once you know what you really want out of your eyeshadow palettes.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Lovely everyday colours which are blendable, pigmented and flattering. These eyeshadows don't even crease on me when I'm not wearing primer which is a definite bonus because I can be rushed doing my makeup in the morning and I try to reduce steps wherever possible. The colours also do tend to last on my lids without primer, but just aren't as dramatic.

Packaging is ok and I do like the double ended brush that comes with the palette and that there's a built-in mirror.

It would be good if there was another matte shade. I use the two matte shades 'Buck' and 'Naked' all the time and will definitely use those two colours up before any of the rest. 'Virgin' makes for a great highlighter colour, but use sparingly because it's incredibly shiny! I just usually use a tiny bit in the inner corners of my eyes and really lightly just under my brows as a highlight.

This is a really versatile palette that can be used for everyday or used with the darker colours to create more drama. High quality and would suit virtually everyone.