Urban Decay NAKED

Filtered by skin type : Very Dry
Urban Decay NAKED

4.2

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

First off I admit that I bought this product because of all the YouTube hype and it's probably a product I wouldn't have given a second glance if not for the hype (yes, I've now learned my lesson and won't be doing that again!). After hearing over and over how sooo versatile this product is and how it's such a must have for any makeup lover I finally caved in and coughed up the $80AUD (gasp!) and bought the original Naked Palette.

Now I personally don't notice the glitter fallout issues others have mentioned and overall I guess the quality is ok - however versatile it is not. First off the colour payoff, while better than most low end eyeshadow is still not what I was expecting for such an exorbitant price. And then too many of the shades come out extremely similar on my eyes even though they look different in the pan and in swatches; the colours mush together on the eyes far too easily. By comparison my Chocolate Bar palettes (which I love) may have a lot of browns, but they are clearly all different browns. The result is whatever look I try to create with Naked just ends up looking the same - a conservative, neutral, slightly smoky 'naked' eye - and believe me I really tried to make it work, because I wanted to justify spending that $80. But I just don't do that particular neutral eye look often enough to justify the price (nothing against that look, but I have deep set and rather close set eyes and that look does nothing for me). When I do do a neutral eye, I find myself reaching for my Sleek Storm palette (also a neutral toned palette, but with a few vibrant jewel tones) far more often, and that cost me a quarter of the price. I understand that Naked was considered revolutionary when it first launched, but I can't help but feel that all the individual shades in it I have seen 100 times before, even long before 2010, making this palette very easily dupable. The only shade that particularly stands out for me is 'Buck'.

I would recommend this product if you are a big fan of the conservative, neutral, 'contoured eye' look and this is the look you do everyday and you can imagine yourself hitting pan. I'm not dissing Naked - I can understand why certain people would love it and the quality is decent. But if you love to experiment with your look, skip this and buy a dupe. Save your money and buy a more unique, less dupe-able high end palette instead. For other Australians out there - ChiChi does a fantastic Naked dupe called Nudes. Although admittedly the quality of the ChiChi isn't as quite as good as the Naked palette, you can get the same identical 'Naked' look using it over one of NYX's eye bases. You can get both the ChiChi and the Sleek palettes from Target.

on 5/14/2016 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I love this palette and use it on the regular. The pigmentation is phenomenal and the colours have a beautiful shine to them. They blend into each other seamlessly and last well.
I don't use all of the colours in the palette - my most used are the bronzes in the middle, but I only think I've used the two blue colours once (if that). I would also like a few more mattes as there's only two and I like using mattes for transition shades and blending.

Overall I love the warm bronze tones in this palette and would definitely repurchase and recommend to friends! :) One to invest in for sure!

on 1/31/2016 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I got this for Christmas and omg I absolutely love the colours in this even tho I don't find them as pigmented as I'd like them to be.
I find that when you blend the shadow all of it just disappears and since the pigmentation isn't s good as some of my other shadows to start with this made me really disappointed.

on 3/23/2015 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I have all three naked palettes and this is by far my favourite. I reach for this palette time and again and use at least one shadow from it every day. Naked and Buck are great eyebrow shades for us redheads and the colour are flattering, blendable and pigmented. The packaging is hideous- it's coated in a velvet/flock type material which looks filthy all the time and is impossible to clean. I will certainly repurchase.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have had this product for so long now and it's definitely the best of all the naked palettes in my opinion! however I will remark that it much cheaper when I got it when it first came out. I saw it yesterday for 45€ at the urban decay counter, I would have paid about 36€ for mine. the packaging is OK, but I much prefer the metal tins which 2 and 3 came in! however if ur looking for a pallette with absolutely gorgeous warm neutrals and no duds, this is the one for you :)

on 2/12/2015 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is a very useful palette. It has an awesome range of light to dark shades, mostly in the bronze range of shades that pretty much every skin tone can wear. My favorite shade is sidecar, which is great blended with other shades or a standalone. This has a lot of shimmer, which people seem to hate but I love it because I dislike mattes. I don't understand why anyone would buy a primarily shimmery palette if they wanted matte shades... and then complain about it. The only complaint I have about this palette is that the eyeshadows tend to crumble and have quite a bit of falllout, as most of Urban Decay's powders do. But all in all, the textures are smooth and pigmented. I love it and recommend.

on 6/26/2014 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

It took me years to finally cave and bring one home. The reason why it look me so long was because it's super expensive in Canada - with taxes it's about $75 a pop! I only gave it a 4 lipstick rating because of the packaging. It's very easy to get dirty, but I put it back in the original packaging after use to protect the velvet case.

In regards to the shadows themselves, I never knew how eyeshadows could be "buttery smooth" before using the UD shadows. I am used to chalky, uneven F21 shadows and these ones set the bar for shadow usage for me. You just need one dip of your brush into the colour for it to show up so user beware :P

So far I have only been using the lighter natural shades. I love Dark Horse as a eyebrow shader. Overall, I love this palette and probably will not buy the N2.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I gotta say this is my fav naked palette out of the three naked palettes. Amazing colors. Excellent color payoff !! I know some people are not fond of the price but if u think about it .. you get 12 full-size eyeshadows for 52 dollars so each eyeshadow would cost you around 4 dollars only. And with those colors, you won't need to buy any other every-day eyeshadow palette for a really long time. you can create a lot of very different looks from very simple to dramatic. you'll love this palette.

on 2/11/2014 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My favourite palette of all time!

Iv hit major pan on 3 eyeshadows (Sidecar, Half-baked and Smog)

The packaging is cute and it gets dirty quickly but i still love it, it feels nice!

Out of Naked 1/2/3 Naked 1 is definately my favourite and the most versatile, I brought the others purely because I loved this one so much.

If your buying an eyeshadow palette and like to vary your looks, i highly recommend this!

Would repurchase if it went missing in a heartbeat!

on 9/24/2013 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Holy grail :) the love of my life