Urban Decay NAKED

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Urban Decay NAKED

4.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Like many, this was my first high-end makeup palette, and I still reach for it on a weekly basis (although I’ve definitely hit pan on most colors). That said, without having read other reviews, I’m sure I’m not alone in my cons, which i have the desire to list before the pros in this case:

CONS:
- This is a con that I have with every UD palette, and it’s that there is sooo much shimmer. Now, I like shiny shades, but two mattes out of twelve colors? It’s a tad ridiculous, no?
- There are a couple colors I just adore here, but with the exception of three shades I’ll mention down below, once you start to mix things together, the results can be dull and muddy. I always have to bring in shades from elsewhere to get a complete look that’s actually pretty.
- Not happy with the highlighting shades at all. With my fair tone, I need something that is really going to pop. Even the two lightest colors feel a bit murky to me.
- The velvety packaging looks nice out of the box, but let’s just say that after a bit of use, it’s easy to see why UD never created another vevet package again.

PROS:
- So marvelously blendable, that unless I’m doing my crease or my liner, I will admittedly use my fingers for application, and will end up with as good results as I could muster with just about any brush.
- As I said before, there are some colors I dimply love, love, love, and I particularly cannot do without Sidecar, Half-Baked and Smog, which actually do work together so seamlessly to create a beautiful ombré effect on the lid. I also use Buck as an everyday shade for my crease incessantly. It’s classic. It doesn’t quite work well on its own with my other three faves, however.
- I’ve experienced little-to-no fallout with the shimmery shades, even with the darkest, most noticeable colors.
- The staying power is golden. Fortunately not golden like the golden lettering on the packaging, which will fade faster than your lids. Lolol

Finally, I think I will eventually replace my Naked palette when it has completely dried up. I’ll still get use out of most these colors, even if I don’t use them together, and frankly, I’m stupidly nostalgic about this palette. It feels like an old friend who I still want in my contacts even after we’ve grown apart. Yes, I am extremely neurotic.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I do love the Urban Decay naked palettes. I have two of them and find the quality to be decent. They blend out well and have decent pigment. As a whole, I like most of their products and I do want to get the new Naked Heat palette. I also like the brushes that come with them. They are not bad and can be used on a regular basis. They have held up to multiple cleanings and uses. Also, these eye shadows hold up when using them wet.

I like the palette, it's covered in soft velvet which is really nice. The shadows are super nice, most of them are metallic (which I love), but there is a lot of fallout every time I dip my brush into one of the shadows. Not my fav. palette. Also way too expensive.

on 3/7/2017 11:58:00 PM

Finally caved in and decided to try this palette (Urban Decay's original NAKED). I had a feeling I would not be impressed but was hoping I would be wrong. But I was not impressed. The eyeshadow seem hardpacked but still create some fallout. Not as creamy as I was hoping they would be. The shades come out looking kind of muddy. There's a few shades I like alright but in general they all look prettier in the pan. Hard to blend and creases pretty easily. I don't like the brush that came with this pallet. I prefer my own which are softer and less scratchy on my sensitive eyelids. I've tried a few different combinations of looks and most of them just came out looking muddy and blah. I will probably be returning this for a different pallet, as I've got other nude and warm/golden pallets that are much better.

on 3/2/2017 12:56:00 PM

Pros: nice range of colors, rich colors, silky. Cons: too much fallout, muddy, irritating, hard to blend

on 3/1/2017 2:00:00 PM

I avoided the hype of the Naked palettes until the Naked 3... Then I was hooked. I understood the hype and gave in. I went back and got the original since I wanted a warmer toned palette. I love the texture/consistency of Urban Decay shadows the most. (Anastasia is a close second, and in fact, I prefer their mattes) The pigmentation is excellent. It doesn't fade off my eyes the way other eyeshadows do. It blends well. It does not cause any irritation. It offers a good color range/selection. Overall, it's just a really nice palette. It's a tad pricey but I feel that if you are mainly a neutral makeup wearer, this one palette (or one of the other Naked palettes, depending on your preferred undertone) could be all you need.

on 2/25/2017 6:55:00 AM

This was my first eyeshadow pallette that I bought years ago and it still is worth every penny. I have used this pallette almost everyday for about 3 years and there is still plenty left. (I have dropped it a couple of times so a few are broken) It is a bit pricey, but it lasts ages. It has great pigmentation and barely any fallout (looking at you, Naked2).The packaging isn't that great because the velvet gets dirty easily, But overall, great neutral palette with light and dark shades with matte and shimmery colors that lasts all day with the primer. Never regretted buying it and it is my go to pallette!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Perfection. best money i ever spent. i use this baby everyday for every kind of look. love

When I first got this, it was all I used. Then I started getting other palettes and realized I'm not much of a fan. I liked the primer potion sample, but that's long gone. I've had this for about 5-6 years and I just don't reach for it anymore. It feels very outdated and I have palettes that perform far better. The shimmers have (maybe had, I could have an older version) a lot of fallout, I always end up with glitter under my eyes when I use this, but when I use my ammo palette, I have no problem with fallout. I don't want to get rid of it because it was one of my first palettes but it doesn't do much for me. also the brush is crap, I never reach for that either.

The naked palettes are a great line for every day looks.

I think this is a great palette for someone looking for every day wear to work makeup that can also be played up for a more dramatic nighttime look. Timeless colours that will never go out of style.