Urban Decay NAKED

Filtered by skin tone : Other
Urban Decay NAKED

4.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

This is an excellent palette for the money - great shades, long lasting, easy to apply. I've got brown eyes and this is where I started on the Naked palettes. Personally, I like the Naked 3 more for my colouring (more pinky tones). But this is just a winner. Buy this and you'll never need another eye shadow again (well, apart from Naked 3)

on 3/28/2017 9:12:00 AM

I didnt like this at all though I wanted to because of all the hype. No. NYX palette Dream catcher in Golden horizon is better and cheaper.

on 1/4/2016 5:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

My new holy grail eyeshadow. I absolutely LOVE this palette. I was really undecided between this palette and Naked 2, but I'm super pleased to have chosen this one. The colours are flattering on my warm skin tone and I can create any makeup look with this palette from my natural work makeup to my fancy going out makeup. The formula is super creamy and it stays on really well on top of the UD primer potion. It's not as blendable as some of the eye shadows I'm used to, but still blends well. The colours are so pigmented too - I love the super sparkly shades as well as the matte ones! The double ended brush applicator is great also - I usually never use the applicators that come with eye shadows and opt to use my own brushes instead, but this brush is an exception.

The packaging is also gorgeous (another thing that swayed me to choose this one). The velvet covering does get dirty easier, but you can brush it off with a damp towel and it's good as new. The mirror is smaller but I prefer my bathroom mirror anyway and when I'm on the go, it still does the job. Just wish there was a matte black colour in this palette (would've been awesome as a makeshift eyeliner for smokey/more natural looks) but considering I don't wear black eyeshadow all that much anyway, it's fine. Definitely a 10/10 and well worth the price tag!

on 9/7/2015 5:04:00 PM

Pros -
Gorgeous packaging (naked 1)
Nice selection of shades
It's just handy having a palette rather than scrabbling around for multiple individual eyeshadows

Good value for money

Cons -

The fall out! I always use primer & I've not experienced this issue with other shadows (the MUA dupe for example), but I end up with glitter everywhere when I use this.

I also don't find the colour pay off that fantastic.

I'm not sure I'd repurchase, although it's so handy to have all those neutrals in palette form. I held off purchasing for so long as I felt like it was overhyped & I think my initial suspicions were correct. It's nice, but not amazing.

on 4/18/2015 2:10:00 PM

Favourite of the Naked palettes- Super pigmented and caters to lots of different eye looks! Will last a long time- had mine for about 4 years now... Not a palette for matte only lovers as most are shimmery but does offer some matte shades! Also comes with the primer potion which is amazing. Not the best for packaging though as it can look quite grubby after a while- but thats only minor

on 12/11/2014 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is my favorite naked compared to the naked trilogy. I have all of them, but yet this is still my favorite. If you tapped the brush to remove excess eyeshadow then you will not getting any fallout, but if you still do, just clean it with powder brush and it will gone. This is so pigmented compared to any other eyeshadow brand (stila, too faced, i am talking to you). I know its a bit pricey but it consist lots of colors so it is worth the hype.

Most number of brown shades: Virgin, Sin, Buck, Half Baked, and Dark Horse
5 new shades
2 mattes (Naked and Buck), 10 shimmery/satiny colors
Shades include: Virgin (nude satin), Sin (champagne shimmer), Naked (buff matte), Sidecar (beige sparkle), Buck (brown matte), Half Baked (bronze), Smog (golden brown shimmer), Darkhorse (bronze-plum shimmer), Toasted (taupe-bronze), Hustle (mocha shimmer), Creep (near-black metallic), Gunmetal (dark grey metallic)

Virgin is a very pale shimmery (slightly frosty) nude beige.
Sin is pale pink with a frosty finish.
Naked is a matte medium beige-brown.
Sidecar is a shimmery medium bronze brown. It has slight red undertone.
Buck is a deeper beige-brown than Naked.
Half Baked is a coppery bronze with a frost-metallic finish.
Smog is a medium dark bronze.
Darkhorse is a deep chocolate brown with hints of bronze.
Toasted is a medium dark brown with a pink shimmery finish.
Hustle is a dark plum chocolate brown with a shimmer finish.
Creep is a blue-black shimmer with medium amount of glitter.
Gunmetal is a blue toned metallic gray.

For the Naked 3 palette:

I have all three Naked palettes, but this one is my favorite. The first one is nice but there are too many shades that have glitter that falls down with application, and there are several frequently repeated shades that are in a ton of UD palettes like Smog and Half Baked. The Naked 2 is too cool for my skin tone, and still has glittery shades that fallout and get all over my face.

This one, however, is pretty much perfect. It is neutral leaning warm, and looks great on my neutral-warm skin tone. The colors are unique and not repeated, and even the shimmery shades have minimal fallout. There are several brow highlight shades and a liner color, so it can hold up on its own and is a great single palette to bring when traveling. The rosegold color scheme is on trend. Packaging is beautiful and sturdy!

on 1/18/2014 4:14:00 PM

This is an HG neutral eyeshadow palette for me. It's a great value for 12 eyeshadows. You can create many looks with this or mix and match and use other shades from your collection. If I'm going away on a trip or to get ready at a friends house, I can bring this palette and that's all I'll need for an eye look. The shades are gorgeous and are a great addition to anyone's collection

Urban Decay is probably my favorite brand for eyeshadows. They are very buttery, pigmented, and blend out well. The only shade in this palette that I had an issue with was Sidecar- it's a beautiful shade however there's so much glitter fallout and it gets all over my face.

I actually like the velvet packaging and prefer it over Naked 2. It looks luxe and more attractive, however, mine has gotten pretty beat up over the years

I've had this palette since it first was released in 2010 and still use it weekly

I loved everything about htis palette, quality and how it blends, but I wish there would be more colors I could use. If you look at the picture, you will see that some colors are very usefukl and some have just too much blue, although maybe they were trying to make it more suitable for everyone