Urban Decay NAKED

Urban Decay NAKED

4.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 10/15/2017 3:07:00 PM

i love this palette so incredibly much.
the pigments are incredible, the colors are breathtaking and the packaging is a mix of a soft velvety cover and the name in a striking gold. a little goes a long way with this palette and the brush it comes with is excellent quality. my only issue with this palette is that its most definitely geared towards those on the paler side of life, meaning that people of colour might not find this palette suits them very well as a friend of mine found.

so to conclude, for people who are somewhat pale like me, this palette is incredible and i would absolutely recommend it, the price is well worth the product.

on 10/11/2017 2:57:00 PM

Had a hard time dishing out the cash for my first NAKED palette, so I asked for one for Christmas a couple years ago and my hubby surprised me with the NAKED 2. It was love at first use. I really noticed right away that the color lasted so much longer than any other eye shadows I have. All day. It didn't crease up (or if it did it was very minimal) and it was so easy to create a polished look with.

I love that I can go easy with one shimmery shade of brown or gold and with one color give my lid a nice look, or I can use several colors to build a really sculpted lid. The black is amazing as a liner (you can even wet your brush a bit and use it as a liner on the edges of your eyes) and aside from that fact that I don't die over every single shade I really have no complaints. I have since purchased the SMOKY and the original NAKED palette- and I use them every single day. Even if I pull out another palette ( I have a Smashbox and a Revolution palette that are both pretty good) I still dip into my NAKEDs for some blending or a base color or a shimmer. I literally use them every day. I love them. I used up my NAKED 2 and even with the others I have I WANT A NEW ONE! I love love love these palettes.

Tip- yes, tap your brush, as you pick up a lot of color and this helps from fall out on your checks. Also, I honestly can say you do not need a primer with this (or at least I don't). A primer is nice, but not necessary. The shadow is just that good. And a palette lasts years, seriously. There is a lot of color here. Treat yourself to one!

on 7/12/2017 2:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

When I first heard about this palette I couldn't understand what all the fuss was about - until I bought one of my own..! The shadows in the palette are gorgeous, all buttery and totally blendable. The pigmentation is fantastic and there's absolutely no fall out. Used over an eye primer these babies last all day without any need for touch ups!

Would I buy this again if I lost it or ran out... a million times YES!!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I do love the Urban Decay naked palettes. I have two of them and find the quality to be decent. They blend out well and have decent pigment. As a whole, I like most of their products and I do want to get the new Naked Heat palette. I also like the brushes that come with them. They are not bad and can be used on a regular basis. They have held up to multiple cleanings and uses. Also, these eye shadows hold up when using them wet.

This is an excellent palette for the money - great shades, long lasting, easy to apply. I've got brown eyes and this is where I started on the Naked palettes. Personally, I like the Naked 3 more for my colouring (more pinky tones). But this is just a winner. Buy this and you'll never need another eye shadow again (well, apart from Naked 3)

on 2/25/2017 6:55:00 AM

This was my first eyeshadow pallette that I bought years ago and it still is worth every penny. I have used this pallette almost everyday for about 3 years and there is still plenty left. (I have dropped it a couple of times so a few are broken) It is a bit pricey, but it lasts ages. It has great pigmentation and barely any fallout (looking at you, Naked2).The packaging isn't that great because the velvet gets dirty easily, But overall, great neutral palette with light and dark shades with matte and shimmery colors that lasts all day with the primer. Never regretted buying it and it is my go to pallette!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Perfection. best money i ever spent. i use this baby everyday for every kind of look. love

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the only palette of neutrals you'll ever need, ever. I promise.

Sure there are lots of other buttery and beautiful palettes out there that all promise the same thing, but this one will actually deliver. Why? There are a few reasons:

There is a great mix of warm and cool neutrals in this palette that can be mixed and blended to suit any skin tone and makeup look. You don't even need eyeliner because Creep (black) is so densely pigmented that you can wet an eyeliner brush and use this as eyeliner instead. I frequently do this since my eyelids are becoming more crepey as I get older and I dislike the drag of eyeliners, even the gel ones.

The formulas are like butter. Right on par with Lorac eye shadows. I find myself reaching for this palette more than my Lorac Pro palette on most mornings because I need to get out the door not looking like a hobo, and Urban Decay knocks this out of the park for me. The formula is so creamy that I'm able to literally smear some shadow on my eyelids and make it work. Not ideal, but possible nonetheless (and sometimes necessary... we all have hangover days).

I have oily lids so I don't usually get good longevity from any shadows, so I use a primer no matter what. I'm still able to smear color on top of the primer with my finger if necessary and still manage to look polished. With primer, I'm able to get 14 hours of wear before creasing. That's a bunch of craptastic meetings, irksome phone calls, too many emails to count, and several glasses of wine in a major city. Not bad.

Overall, if you need a multi-tasking palette that is both natural and can be played up depending on the time of day, the original UD palette is your best bet.

The naked palettes are a great line for every day looks.

I think this is a great palette for someone looking for every day wear to work makeup that can also be played up for a more dramatic nighttime look. Timeless colours that will never go out of style.

on 12/17/2016 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Waffled a bit over whether this is a 4 or 5 for me, but went 5 as honestly I find it very easy to use and reach for it quite often in the morning, it's one of my go-tos. My biggest issues with the palette are the flocked velvet covering (it gets a bit gross and a lot of the gold foil text has worn off, I feel like the metal tin packaging of the Naked 2 & 3 palettes is so much nicer and I don't know why they didn't change this one to match when those were released) and the colour selection. I do feel like there are definitely some shades I would have liked to see included, and there are some shades I don't like or use as much... but honestly I could say the same for just about any palette and I already have those other shades I want in other singles and palettes so it's not a dealbreaker for me. Even if I don't use every shade it comes out roughly even price wise vs buying singles if I only like 3 shades, and a good deal if I like 4 or more so while it's not a cheap palette I do think it's very reasonable compared to their singles (and if you really love and use up one or two shades most of these are now permanently available in their singles line). I would say there are only 2 shades in this palette that I really don't use - Sidecar (which has glitter fallout) and Gunmetal (which just isn't a shade I reach for in general, not sure why they put a cool gunmetal shade in an otherwise very warm palette) and of the others some get used more than others but they all do get used. I can't complain about the quality of the eyeshadows and there are some beautiful colours in the palette. The included double ended brush isn't terrible but I only really reach for it if the rest of my brushes are dirty. I can understand why they include a brush but if I threw it out I wouldn't miss it. Is the palette overhyped? Probably - it's nothing groundbreaking or life changing. But I can certainly see why it's so popular, it's a solid palette with some beautiful eyeshadows that are very wearable for everyday.