Urban Decay NAKED

Urban Decay NAKED

4.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 9/22/2017 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This was the 1st Naked Palette I bought from Urban Decay. I bought this palette based on the following:

1. the rave reviews
2. it was a cult classic
3. almost every girl in my city had it
4. And because I was a sheep (lol).

My favourite colors in this palette were Virgin, Naked, Buck, and Dark horse (Neutrals). I hardly touched the others. Anyway, now that I have seperated from the flock and tried other palettes that are more affordable and better quality, I can now give my honest review on this love it/or hate it palette. Unfortunately this brand and eye shadow line fell short due to the following:

1. Expensive price
2. Major fallout during application (those reviews telling readers there is no fallout - LIES!!! You have been warned).
3. Eyeshadow does not blend well (looks muddy when blending shades together).

I would not recommend this palette to beginners due to the price and the way it blends. However, what I did like about it was the brush that it came with, a sample of the eyeshadow primer, and the fact that Urban Decay is against animal testing and cruelty free.

Would I purchase this palette again? No (without hesitation).

on 7/27/2017 1:00:00 AM

I bought this palette after much hype and praise, on the back of purchasing the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette. Big mistake there. I found that this palette although revolutionary at the time, did not live up to its status with the subsequent releases of the Chocolate Bar, KVD and Tartelettes.

I fought everyday to try and come up with looks with this, unfortunately it was always not what I was hoping for. The colours run cool and there is much to much shimmer for my everyday liking. I wanted something that made my olive skin look healthy and pretty but each time I used this it was dull and shimmery and way too smokey.

I was severely disappointed and wanted to love this like everyone else. But the competition out there out-shines this palette and for the price I paid in Australia this was not good enough for me. I regret buying this. I don't think UD's eye-shadows are for me, I even bought Naked 3 thinking I just chose the wrong colour combinations; before TF's Sweet Peach released and now regret that too. So wish it was for me.

on 6/24/2017 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I do not get it... all these positive rankings for a pallette that contains a lot of shimmer and glitter (fall out guaranteed-eyeshadow ends up all over my face) but does not stand the test of being buildable, staying in place, being a good mixture of mat and shimmery. Did not finish (hardly used it) and threw it away.

on 3/28/2017 9:12:00 AM

I didnt like this at all though I wanted to because of all the hype. No. NYX palette Dream catcher in Golden horizon is better and cheaper.

on 2/6/2017 9:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This was my first higher end eye palette and the dream has turned into nightmare for me. Every time I used these, I suffered from eyelids irritation and after some time eyes became watery. I did not let the makeup on me any further, so do not know the extent the allergy will increase.

The thing is I cannot even return this, my brother purchased it for me from UD website and I do not live in the US.

I have used MAC paintpots, eyeshadows too. And some drugstore eyeshadows too. Nothing ever caused this kind of reaction.

on 8/28/2016 4:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

To be fair I had found Too Faced before I even came across Urban Decay's Naked palettes and Kat Von D after. What's sad for me is after using KVD and TF I can't seem to fall in love with any of the UD palettes.

The colours in the original are better than UD3 but there are too many shimmers and so you can't use this independently. I also find that the colours don't translate on the eyelids as pigmented as I would like, and so I have to try and put in multiple layers which I just don't have time for.

It may be personal preference, but when I play around with these and compare them with other highend palettes, I notice the lack of luster in the colours and the extensive fall out (which makes me feel like I'm wasting product).

With so many others to compete with, unfortunately I just don't want to reach for these shadows as often.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I hate to be the voice of dissent among this very popular, much-hyped product, but..some of us have to speak up...;)

I really wanted to love this palette. I held off forever and then finally said what the heck and treated myself. I tried, tried, tried to get this palette to work for me.

But it was just a crumbly mess with major fallout and never really even applied to the eyelids, and when did, often looked patchy, even with using their primer or the Nars primer or various other primers. This palette just did not work for me. Pity, because the shades look so pretty in the pan, and I do love me some neutrals!!

But I ended up returning this, and I really, really dislike doing that.
But I gave it every possible option to work, and it just did not. For the price tag, I better love the thing, and I did not even like this. I also found the packaging to be poor.
For the price tag, I just feel they could have done a better job.

I do not mind paying a higher price when something works well, but this just did not jive with me and was just a hot mess. That said, oddly enough there have been UD singles that I love. Mushroom and Diamond Dog off the top of my head are beaut's. But this palette just was a hot mess for me. Sad.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Wow, seems like i am the first to give a bad review... but i hate this stuff. does not do what it says and pigments are not strong at all, even when i use it with a damp brush to try make the pigments show. was very excited to buy this as i heard all the hype. gave it MANY tries using different techniques and different brushes including the one that comes in the box. however the packaging is high end and doesnt break or crack like many plastic packaging.

on 11/17/2014 11:01:00 AM

I know I am definitely in the minority here but I did not like this at all and returned it. The fallout was horrible, and the glitter all over my face I just could not stand. I feel I gave it a fair shot as I tried it with many primers and a variety of very good quality brushes. When I think about the quality of some of my wet and wild palettes I cannot justify the cost or the aggravation of using it.

on 7/3/2014 10:31:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I don't understand the hype surrounding UD products. I bought this palette after lusting over it and hearing so many beauty bloggers and YouTube gurus touting its awesomeness. I've had this palette for almost 4 years now and have played around with the colors maybe 10 times and every time I've used it I've become more and more unimpressed.
The fallout of the shadows is the biggest peeve of mine but also the colors don't blend well and are not as pigmented as I like. The only reason I have not thrown this palette away is because of how much I shelled out, around $45 before taxes at Sephora so it's so hard to try and part with this cause of how much money I spent on this. For higher end shadows I prefer Too Faced, I LOVE their shadows, good pigments, awesome blendability and little to no fallout; pretty much a good solid brand of higher end shadow if you will only buy HE makeup.
The only useful item that came with this was a mini tube of UDPP which I've already used up. My palette also came with a two-sided eyeliner with Zero on one side and Whiskey on the other but from what I heard the eyeliner is now replaced with a eyeshadow brush. The eyeliner is complete crap imo. Eyeliner is dubbed "24/4" but it hardly is 24/7, it smudges and doesn't stay in place. Zero is suppose to be a very black color but it's not very black pigment at all, my CG eyeliner is more black than Zero and actually lasts all day. Whiskey is brown with red tones to it, which I hate (good eyeliner that is an awesome brown is from CG in the color mink, for anyone who is interested).
These palettes are mass produced in large quantities and yet we are charged an arm and leg for these items that are of low quality.
There are many dupes for this palette (and other UD palettes) for a fraction of the price of UD out there, try the dupes and don't waste this amount of money on this crappy palette like I did. I feel so stupid for buying this, wish I would have returned it.