4.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 months ago

This was a hand-me-down from a friend. With the legendary status attributed to this pallet, I was somewhat surprised to find how shimmery and glittery most of the shades are. It makes it hard to create everyday workable looks without looking over the top. Quality is fine, but ColourPop is as good or better for less than 1/2 the price. The shade selection is still fun, but with most of it being dark, dramatic and full of sparkle, this is best suited to evening and intense smoky eyes. Not something I reach for daily.

About reviewer (83 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

a year ago

I was aware of this palette but because of the price point at the time when I was thinking of buying it I ended up buying a dupe of this and it was okay. But then the announcement came out with this palette being discontinued that I decided to grab this while the price was 50% off retail. I regret not buying this earlier as the palette has great neutral shade range that is perfect to use for every occasion. I experienced minimal shadow kickback and product very blendable with great pigment colours. Lasts at least a few hours for me as I have oily lids. I didn’t wear eyeshadow unless I was going to an event but looks like I may start using the skin tone shades to brighten my eyes for casual outings. I would love to repurchase if it made a comeback.

About reviewer (68 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBlack, Kinky, Medium

a year ago

This was my first high end makeup purchase. I find this palette has a special place in my heart. However, for the colors in the palette I love the warm shade "buck" is amazing as a transition shade. I also love the shade naked,vison, and sidecar. However, I do find that WNW have some of the similar shades and half the price.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

EyesGreen

2.0
from

a year ago

I bought Naked 1 after discontinuation due to rhe fear of missing out and I can't say I'm excited. Most of the shades are midtones so I'm not really getting a variety of options. Virgin is of no much use as it's not matte enough to use on the browbone as I'm SO over shiny shadows on this area nor sparkly enough to use on the inner corner and too blah on the lid. Naked and Buck are basic brown eyeshadows that any of as has a ton and even in better formulations. Half baked looks too yellow for my liking as a less tasteful version of Woodwinked and Gunmetal doesn't compliment my green eyes or my fair skintone. I don't like the furry packaging either since it gets dirty easily. Also gave the brush away as I found it too stiff. After trying to like Naked 1 unsuccessfully decided to keep the 5 colors I found most worthy; Sin, Sidecar, Toasted, Hustle & Creep and give away the rest. Therefore the palette wasn't of much value to me and besides being the first widespread big neutral palette I have no clue why all the hype. Chocolate Bar is much more satisfying option. Would have definitely returned the palette if such thing was allowed in my country.

About reviewer (952 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Curly, Medium

EyesGreen

from

a year ago

I have always been attracted to the Naked concept for many years as it's aligned with my "no makeup" makeup life but I never got around to buying it as it is quite pricey. When I heard that this palette was about to be discontinued I pretty much rushed to Sephora and bought it. I am so pleased with this buy and wished I had gotten it sooner. Appreciate the very neutral colour selection - neither warm, nor cool. just nice - and I am over the moon that there are 3 great highlighters that I can use on the cheekbone. I liked every combination I tried on, the colours work very well together (all neutrals, duh) and staying power is good with primer. I do not get fallout like others here mentioned unless I pack the brush with product and I do not understand the "muddy" comments here as I didn't get that. My verdict is therefore - a great neutral 12-colour palette for natural makeup lovers. There is one BIG drawback and that there's only 2 (why?) mattes in here and for my skin tone (tan Asian) only 1 is is useful for the crease area ("Buck") so sadly because of this I take 1 lippy off. EDIT - I have sold my palette to a friend. I have come to realise I am severely allergic to bismuth oxychloride which pops up in metallic finish shadows.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

SkinNormal, Olive, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlack

a year ago

I love this pallet and get tons of use out of it, which - ironically- is why I can understand other people’s dislike. I use two colors at most on my lids at a time, and there’s a solid chance that the second color is there as a liner - hence I wouldn’t know about the blendability issues. My job requires very conservative, low key clothes and makeup, so I’m happy with their pigmentation strength being what it is (definitely noticeable, but not like I took a marker in that color and drew it on). The very fact that this is exactly the kind of pallet that fits into my life is probably why other people here are underwhelmed. I feel very pretty and polished when I do up my eyes with these shades, so the original Naked pallet has been a good sidekick to me over the years. But styles change and I can see the logic in discontinuing it for something more up to date. Hail to the king, baby.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

EyesBlue

2 years ago

its ok for me, i prefer the shades of the naked2. the velvet packaging also get dirty too easily. it wears well, i like only a wash of color on my eyes and even without primer on my more oily eyelids, there is minimal fading. i did buy this in 2012 i believe, way before i started watching YT. the colors are beautiful but they are definitely deeper than what im i actually debated whether or not to pick up another one when i heard it was dc, and decided against it as i could put my $27 toward another palette i actually would love more

About reviewer (34 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

2 years ago

Purchased recently, really love it.I have deeply tanned skin.I won't need another neutral palette.Has good staying power, on my oily eyelids.I do use primer 1st.Thought about this purchase for a while before purchasing, as its not cheap.Worth it as I use often.I like the double ended brushed with it also.The suede feeling type of cover of the palette would be quite protective, if it fell.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Tan

HairBlack

2 years ago

1 star for the brand which decided to discontinue this eyeshadow palette, 5 stars for the product. And to those saying no one should wear this palette on their eyes: Why should we listen to you? It's our decision, our face and body and if we think those colors suit us, then leave us alone and keep your opinions in your mind. I've seen many girls (and boys) who adore this palette, no matter what skin color, they all looked awesome. (Maybe you don't like the palette and wanted to bash it through your negative review, that's ok, but it's not ok to tell everybody to stop wearing it just because you don't like these colors and shimmers.) I bought a backup of this palette because I know I would miss it dearly if it's empty.

About reviewer (188 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesOther

2 years ago

I love this eyeshadow palette. The brush that comes with it works really nicely. The product lasts well, even without primer. There are a couple of shades I probably won't use but I'm happy with the 10 that I really love. I'm not a fan of the furry packaging, it always looks dusty and old.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

Age19-24