Urban Decay NAKED

Urban Decay NAKED

4.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 7/12/2017 2:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

When I first heard about this palette I couldn't understand what all the fuss was about - until I bought one of my own..! The shadows in the palette are gorgeous, all buttery and totally blendable. The pigmentation is fantastic and there's absolutely no fall out. Used over an eye primer these babies last all day without any need for touch ups!

Would I buy this again if I lost it or ran out... a million times YES!!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I do love the Urban Decay naked palettes. I have two of them and find the quality to be decent. They blend out well and have decent pigment. As a whole, I like most of their products and I do want to get the new Naked Heat palette. I also like the brushes that come with them. They are not bad and can be used on a regular basis. They have held up to multiple cleanings and uses. Also, these eye shadows hold up when using them wet.

on 6/24/2017 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I do not get it... all these positive rankings for a pallette that contains a lot of shimmer and glitter (fall out guaranteed-eyeshadow ends up all over my face) but does not stand the test of being buildable, staying in place, being a good mixture of mat and shimmery. Did not finish (hardly used it) and threw it away.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The product is really pigmented & color range is just lovely. Great for daily use or makeup beginners.

I have all of the Naked palettes, which is why I don't think I'm totally in love with this one. The best value i get from it is taking it along when I travel and don't want to take my larger custom MAC palettes. This is the best benefit of each of the Naked palettes (besides Smoky, which is actually just great for any night out, at home or away). This is nothing special but if you're looking for basic colours for every use (highlighting, defining, crease, even lining) this is good for you. I don't love the brush - the blending side is great but the other side is nothing special.

on 6/14/2017 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like the shades, but the colors are not that pigmented. The blue is really gray, and the glitters in general are not good. You would definitely need to layer all the shadows unless you like a subtle eyeshadow. Quite a bit fall-out from the palette, but luckily not while on the eyes.

on 5/23/2017 5:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

The evolution of makeup & the accompanying gurus that make us salivate over countless palettes & their possible "looks" has meant that the average consumer's ability & standards have raised considerably. Just 5 years ago, this palette was everything. It is my favourite of all the UD Naked palettes, but more versatile palettes have since been released & it is no longer a staple for me. I still think it's a classic though & have no regrets.

This is an excellent palette for the money - great shades, long lasting, easy to apply. I've got brown eyes and this is where I started on the Naked palettes. Personally, I like the Naked 3 more for my colouring (more pinky tones). But this is just a winner. Buy this and you'll never need another eye shadow again (well, apart from Naked 3)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

First off I admit that I bought this product because of all the YouTube hype and it's probably a product I wouldn't have given a second glance if not for the hype (yes, I've now learned my lesson and won't be doing that again!). After hearing over and over how sooo versatile this product is and how it's such a must have for any makeup lover I finally caved in and coughed up the $80AUD (gasp!) and bought the original Naked Palette.

Now I personally don't notice the glitter fallout issues others have mentioned and overall I guess the quality is ok - however versatile it is not. First off the colour payoff, while better than most low end eyeshadow is still not what I was expecting for such an exorbitant price. And then too many of the shades come out extremely similar on my eyes even though they look different in the pan and in swatches; the colours mush together on the eyes far too easily. By comparison my Chocolate Bar palettes (which I love) may have a lot of browns, but they are clearly all different browns. The result is whatever look I try to create with Naked just ends up looking the same - a conservative, neutral, slightly smoky 'naked' eye - and believe me I really tried to make it work, because I wanted to justify spending that $80. But I just don't do that particular neutral eye look often enough to justify the price (nothing against that look, but I have deep set and rather close set eyes and that look does nothing for me). When I do do a neutral eye, I find myself reaching for my Sleek Storm palette (also a neutral toned palette, but with a few vibrant jewel tones) far more often, and that cost me a quarter of the price. I understand that Naked was considered revolutionary when it first launched, but I can't help but feel that all the individual shades in it I have seen 100 times before, even long before 2010, making this palette very easily dupable. The only shade that particularly stands out for me is 'Buck'.

I would recommend this product if you are a big fan of the conservative, neutral, 'contoured eye' look and this is the look you do everyday and you can imagine yourself hitting pan. I'm not dissing Naked - I can understand why certain people would love it and the quality is decent. But if you love to experiment with your look, skip this and buy a dupe. Save your money and buy a more unique, less dupe-able high end palette instead. For other Australians out there - ChiChi does a fantastic Naked dupe called Nudes. Although admittedly the quality of the ChiChi isn't as quite as good as the Naked palette, you can get the same identical 'Naked' look using it over one of NYX's eye bases. You can get both the ChiChi and the Sleek palettes from Target.

on 4/30/2017 2:15:00 PM

I got this palette a while ago, sometimes in 2011???

I wanted to love this palette as much as the rest of the world did and I hate to admit that the formula of these shadows did not impress me. The matte ones are fine, very creamy, very easy to blend, perfect as transition shades.

Problems start with the shimmery ones, they are very pretty to look at, but a nightmare to work with. They are creamy and pigmented of course, but they tend to get all over the place, they do crease big time, darker shades have major fallouts, shimmers are too shimmery, they are not long lasting, they wont stay put (I was an avid user of their eye primer potion, I used their primer with their shadows... ugh...) I give up.

The palette has been resting peacefully in my drawer, it's still there but I haven't touched it in years. So I never bought any palettes from UD again.

Popular Palettes