Urban Decay NAKED

Urban Decay NAKED

4.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 7/24/2016 12:45:00 PM

I've had this palette for a while now and it's still my go to for daily use. The shades are all wearable, either as shadow or liner, and the quality is lovely. My everyday look at the moment is Naked on the lid, Buck in the crease, Virgin as a brow bone highlight, and Darkhorse as a subtle liner. If I want to add more dimension or shimmer, I'll put a little Sin or Sidecar in the centre of the lid. I will say that sidecar is better off used wet and with tissue paper under the eye as it does tend to have some glitter fallout.
For a quick look, Toasted is beautiful as a standalone shade.

Even though I use this palette regularly and have been for some time now, I have yet to hit pan. It may seem expensive but it's worth it for the amount of good quality product you get.

The only complaint I have is the flocked outer packaging. Dirt and dust cling to it and the lettering rubs off easily when you try to clean it. It does look nice though.

All that said, I won't repurchase when I'm done with this. It's been wonderful, but a girl can only use the same 12 shadows for so long!

on 7/23/2016 5:16:00 AM

The pigmentation in this is fantastic and lasts the entire day. There are mattes and shimmers, and to be honest the gold and toasted shades are just so so divine that I would have purchased the entire palette just for those two colours.

Price wise, it was exy. More expensive because I bought it off Mecca who rip off their customers, The US users get a better deal for their cosmetics so I'd say it would be value for money if you bought it over there.

Anyway back to the palette. Good quality, fantastic range, and all colours that I would use day and night. Love it.

To Read all 2334 Reviews, Login or Join

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Only shadow I use is half baked. I don't like how UD's eyeshadows usually are very sparkly, have lots of fallout and don't work well when wet. I have gone through 4 naked palettes, the vice 4 and the electric palette. The are very good in terms of pigment and blendability but now i have found kat von d eyeshadow i find i don't reach for this at all anymore.

on 7/17/2016 6:42:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I'd heard good things about this pallete, and after using and enjoying Naked Basics I decided to buy it. The colours are fairly warm toned, but the majority are dark and sparkly. The belendability was not great at all and, despite using Nars eyeshadow primer, by the end of the at the shadow had travelled to the out corners and my lower lash line - I looked like I'd gone swimming. The new flocked packaging doesn't click shut, so doesn't feel that hygienic and is not great for preserving the longevity of the shadows (I think they'll dry out quickly). For comparison, I use Bobbi Brown shadows and they are far more superior in quality. Binned it, won't repurchase.

on 7/9/2016 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love my NAKED, but I think I bought it mostly for the hype!

There are beautiful colors, and they're great for work and play. For those who have seen the swatches, you will realise there are mostly shimmer colors with very little mattes.

Also, I have realised AFTER I bought it that the colors are very WARM. I have a neutral skin tone, and some of the shadows don't suit me. I have heard that NAKED2 is better for those with COOLer skin tones.

Overall, the shadows seem quite buttery. It blends well. The colors are vibrant and it has a great longevity with primer (I use UD also). Depending on the shade, some do have a lot of fallout. Just remember to tap your brush.

The best bit of the palette was actually the brush. It's a nice addition to my collection.

Overall, it's a bit pricey at $83. For those new to make up, I would recommend buying a dupe (eg. ChiChi Nudes are very similar, at $23). For those who have more money to spend and want better quality/pigmentation, Naked is a great buy.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

The shades are decent, and the quality is great, but it just doesn't "wow" me. It's nothing exceptional and even though I don't regret buying it, I wouldn't repurchase it.

The excellent quality of the shadow is so good that the pallet will last you for a really long time, because there's not a lot of excess powder buildup like you get with a lot of other brands. What your brush picks up stays right on the brush, and you don't have to worry about fallout. Plus it's got great pigmentation, so a little goes a long way.

I also bought the Naked 2 pallet, although now I wish that I hadn't bothered with that one because they're almost identical.

I haven't used the Naked 2 pallet yet, so send me a message if you're interested in swapping. I would love to try the Naked 3 pallet, I love all things MAC, Chanel, Guerlain, etc. I'm open to trying new things.

on 6/29/2016 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Great range of colours from light to dark making it great for everyday use to evening looks and everything in between! Loved the lighter colours such as sin which worked amazing in the inner corner and as a brow highlight!

The shadows however weren't quite as pigmented as expected but do have a great lasting powder even without primer!

It is a pain once you run out of a colour though as not all the shades are sold on their own and the amount you get of each shade isn't very much at all for the price, so the value for money in that respect isn't great.

HATE THE PACKAGING!! Looks lovely for about a week but gets tatty so easily, all the naked on the front has rubbed off mine and looks so dirty so easily. Doesn't stay shut like the tin ones which is really frustrating. However does have a mirror which I really like.

Don't let that put you off though as the shades and quality of them is still very high.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I am a big Urban Decay fan The Naked palette is the first palette with matte shades and includes 5 new colors and also has a new brown eyeliner, whiskey, that is similar to bourbon but without the glitter. This is the most versatile palette I own by Urban Decay and something I can see myself using every day

The colors are nice but a little too shimmery for my taste. Blendability and mixibility is bad. Not a terrible product but not great by any means!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought an authentic UD Naked palette off of Poshmark, serial code 88MNDK, and couldn't be happier! I figured I'd add my two cents amongst these thousands of great reviews. These shadows are velvety smooth and have great pigmentation. I even use the shade Naked as a brow powder sometimes! It stays and honestly works better than most brow products I've tried. Now to just look up more tutorials and videos on how to reap the full benefits of this wonderful palette...!

Video Reviews & Tutorials