Urban Decay NAKED

Urban Decay NAKED

4.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

I feel like I would've loved this palette so much more if I have gotten it when it first came out, and Urban Decay produced one of the first consistent quality eyeshadow palette that's for every day look.

I just got the palette two weeks ago. I was so excited but the more I play with it the more I just thought "meh". I feel like that all the other brands have really caught up and have become super competitive in both quality and prices in their palettes and this cult classic no longer impresses me. Don't get me wrong it is a nice palette for your everyday natural look, but I feel like I can get the same look with my ELF and Wet n Wild eye shadows. The shades are pretty but not unique whatsoever and I have gotten used to more buttery formula than it.

I'm glad I tried it out but I won't really recommend. Especially at this price point. Drugstore is the way to go.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Ok so I have all 4 palettes and I'll break them down, the naked numbered palettes are more natural colours than other palettes I own:
The naked palette is like taupey browns and golds. The mirror on this palette is the smallest but I like this packaging the most as it's fuzzy. The pigment is really good on the shimmer shades and on the mattes they aren't my favourite but still pretty good. I prefer the texture of the shimmers over the mattes. The brush that comes with the palette is also nice and I do use it.

Naked 2 is my favourite palette, the shade range is similar to THE naked palette but I like the rose gold shade and the overall shade range of the palette. The mirror is bigger but the brush that comes with the palette is the same. The shimmers are amazing. The mattes feel a little less chalky but still lack that BAM pigment. I would say there's more grey/ silver colours in this palette than the naked

Naked 3 I had high hopes but fell short. The shades are gorgeous but LACK the pigment or the texture, they're grainy and chalky. The mirror is the same to the naked 2 palette and the brush is the same. The shimmers in this palette are a little chunkier and less finely milled and buttery so there is that and the shades BUZZ and TRICK are the worst shades in the palette by far. The second half of the palette has the usual UD quality though and have really good pigment. I believe there is only a few mattes in this palette compared to the other palettes

Naked smokey is very different and had very different shades to the other palettes. The mirror is the same as the naked 2 and 3 palettes but the brush is different. The bristles one side are longer and on the other side almost like blending under eye brush for that smoky look. The pigment is insane in this palette and the best by far but I don't love the shade range and I don't really use it. The first 2 shades are golden and really nice and the others are like dark purples, gun metal greys and bluey greys with a brown and white for dimension. The black in this palette is actually slightly had a sheen to it too. I think if you love dramatic eyes get this palette. The formula is the best and the brush is the best one. Also the packaging is sleek and very distinctive.
To conclude: steer away from naked 3. The palettes are around £40 each and each come with primer potion and I think something else like a lipgloss or something so that's a bonus too (they are tester though)
They are cult but they aren't my fav palettes anymore. But that's just my opinion. I've moved more onto warm toned eyeshadows more but none the less they were my starting palettes and hold a dear place in my heart. I think the palettes are subjective to opionion and I think try them instore to see if they're for you.

on 7/27/2017 1:00:00 AM

I bought this palette after much hype and praise, on the back of purchasing the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette. Big mistake there. I found that this palette although revolutionary at the time, did not live up to its status with the subsequent releases of the Chocolate Bar, KVD and Tartelettes.

I fought everyday to try and come up with looks with this, unfortunately it was always not what I was hoping for. The colours run cool and there is much to much shimmer for my everyday liking. I wanted something that made my olive skin look healthy and pretty but each time I used this it was dull and shimmery and way too smokey.

I was severely disappointed and wanted to love this like everyone else. But the competition out there out-shines this palette and for the price I paid in Australia this was not good enough for me. I regret buying this. I don't think UD's eye-shadows are for me, I even bought Naked 3 thinking I just chose the wrong colour combinations; before TF's Sweet Peach released and now regret that too. So wish it was for me.

on 7/12/2017 2:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

When I first heard about this palette I couldn't understand what all the fuss was about - until I bought one of my own..! The shadows in the palette are gorgeous, all buttery and totally blendable. The pigmentation is fantastic and there's absolutely no fall out. Used over an eye primer these babies last all day without any need for touch ups!

Would I buy this again if I lost it or ran out... a million times YES!!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I do love the Urban Decay naked palettes. I have two of them and find the quality to be decent. They blend out well and have decent pigment. As a whole, I like most of their products and I do want to get the new Naked Heat palette. I also like the brushes that come with them. They are not bad and can be used on a regular basis. They have held up to multiple cleanings and uses. Also, these eye shadows hold up when using them wet.

on 6/24/2017 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I do not get it... all these positive rankings for a pallette that contains a lot of shimmer and glitter (fall out guaranteed-eyeshadow ends up all over my face) but does not stand the test of being buildable, staying in place, being a good mixture of mat and shimmery. Did not finish (hardly used it) and threw it away.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The product is really pigmented & color range is just lovely. Great for daily use or makeup beginners.

I have all of the Naked palettes, which is why I don't think I'm totally in love with this one. The best value i get from it is taking it along when I travel and don't want to take my larger custom MAC palettes. This is the best benefit of each of the Naked palettes (besides Smoky, which is actually just great for any night out, at home or away). This is nothing special but if you're looking for basic colours for every use (highlighting, defining, crease, even lining) this is good for you. I don't love the brush - the blending side is great but the other side is nothing special.

on 6/14/2017 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like the shades, but the colors are not that pigmented. The blue is really gray, and the glitters in general are not good. You would definitely need to layer all the shadows unless you like a subtle eyeshadow. Quite a bit fall-out from the palette, but luckily not while on the eyes.

on 5/23/2017 5:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

The evolution of makeup & the accompanying gurus that make us salivate over countless palettes & their possible "looks" has meant that the average consumer's ability & standards have raised considerably. Just 5 years ago, this palette was everything. It is my favourite of all the UD Naked palettes, but more versatile palettes have since been released & it is no longer a staple for me. I still think it's a classic though & have no regrets.