Urban Decay NAKED

Filtered by age: 36-43
Urban Decay NAKED

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

I feel like I would've loved this palette so much more if I have gotten it when it first came out, and Urban Decay produced one of the first consistent quality eyeshadow palette that's for every day look.

I just got the palette two weeks ago. I was so excited but the more I play with it the more I just thought "meh". I feel like that all the other brands have really caught up and have become super competitive in both quality and prices in their palettes and this cult classic no longer impresses me. Don't get me wrong it is a nice palette for your everyday natural look, but I feel like I can get the same look with my ELF and Wet n Wild eye shadows. The shades are pretty but not unique whatsoever and I have gotten used to more buttery formula than it.

I'm glad I tried it out but I won't really recommend. Especially at this price point. Drugstore is the way to go.

on 6/24/2017 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I do not get it... all these positive rankings for a pallette that contains a lot of shimmer and glitter (fall out guaranteed-eyeshadow ends up all over my face) but does not stand the test of being buildable, staying in place, being a good mixture of mat and shimmery. Did not finish (hardly used it) and threw it away.

on 5/23/2017 5:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

The evolution of makeup & the accompanying gurus that make us salivate over countless palettes & their possible "looks" has meant that the average consumer's ability & standards have raised considerably. Just 5 years ago, this palette was everything. It is my favourite of all the UD Naked palettes, but more versatile palettes have since been released & it is no longer a staple for me. I still think it's a classic though & have no regrets.

This is an excellent palette for the money - great shades, long lasting, easy to apply. I've got brown eyes and this is where I started on the Naked palettes. Personally, I like the Naked 3 more for my colouring (more pinky tones). But this is just a winner. Buy this and you'll never need another eye shadow again (well, apart from Naked 3)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is hands down best palette for a gift to make everyone happy. Half of the shades have cool undertone other half are warm. There is no chance for mistake. Anyone will find something to enjoy using. Shadows are highly pigmented and palette comes with the brush that is not bad at all.
However I would not recommend to buy it for yourself if your skin tone isn't neutral. I have warm skin and I can't use half of the shades.
I will not repurchase it for myself, but will continue to buy it for my friends and family.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the only palette of neutrals you'll ever need, ever. I promise.

Sure there are lots of other buttery and beautiful palettes out there that all promise the same thing, but this one will actually deliver. Why? There are a few reasons:

There is a great mix of warm and cool neutrals in this palette that can be mixed and blended to suit any skin tone and makeup look. You don't even need eyeliner because Creep (black) is so densely pigmented that you can wet an eyeliner brush and use this as eyeliner instead. I frequently do this since my eyelids are becoming more crepey as I get older and I dislike the drag of eyeliners, even the gel ones.

The formulas are like butter. Right on par with Lorac eye shadows. I find myself reaching for this palette more than my Lorac Pro palette on most mornings because I need to get out the door not looking like a hobo, and Urban Decay knocks this out of the park for me. The formula is so creamy that I'm able to literally smear some shadow on my eyelids and make it work. Not ideal, but possible nonetheless (and sometimes necessary... we all have hangover days).

I have oily lids so I don't usually get good longevity from any shadows, so I use a primer no matter what. I'm still able to smear color on top of the primer with my finger if necessary and still manage to look polished. With primer, I'm able to get 14 hours of wear before creasing. That's a bunch of craptastic meetings, irksome phone calls, too many emails to count, and several glasses of wine in a major city. Not bad.

Overall, if you need a multi-tasking palette that is both natural and can be played up depending on the time of day, the original UD palette is your best bet.

I think this is a nice palette if you want a neutral look, especially for warm tones. When I first received this I wouldn't stop using it. Now, I don't reach for it often, and when I do, I only use 5 colors. The other colors just don't appeal to me, and I find these shadows tend to crease on me, even with primer, after 8 hours. It works fine for a normal day for me, but I prefer other formulas and colors.

on 3/26/2016 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Love this on my hazel eyes, you can go light or dark or smokey, texture is gorgeous and I travel often with this palette its all I need, can use colors on brows and also use as an eyeliner when wet. Perfect shades, very neutral.

on 11/25/2015 9:14:00 AM

Beautiful smooth and frosty colors.blends well. Loved this. Be careful of all the replicas out there, buy genuine at a noted store.
My cousing bought one on an auction site used unaware of the replica ended up with an eye infection.
The overseas replica products are dangerous be careful and buy genuine for eye safety.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I love the dark colours in this palette as I normally prefer darker shadows. This is a nice one in that aspect. However, my eyes itch every time I use UD eye make up and leave some ugly dry patches on my skin afterwards... What a shame.