Urban Decay NAKED

Filtered by age: 30-35
Urban Decay NAKED

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 9/22/2017 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This was the 1st Naked Palette I bought from Urban Decay. I bought this palette based on the following:

1. the rave reviews
2. it was a cult classic
3. almost every girl in my city had it
4. And because I was a sheep (lol).

My favourite colors in this palette were Virgin, Naked, Buck, and Dark horse (Neutrals). I hardly touched the others. Anyway, now that I have seperated from the flock and tried other palettes that are more affordable and better quality, I can now give my honest review on this love it/or hate it palette. Unfortunately this brand and eye shadow line fell short due to the following:

1. Expensive price
2. Major fallout during application (those reviews telling readers there is no fallout - LIES!!! You have been warned).
3. Eyeshadow does not blend well (looks muddy when blending shades together).

I would not recommend this palette to beginners due to the price and the way it blends. However, what I did like about it was the brush that it came with, a sample of the eyeshadow primer, and the fact that Urban Decay is against animal testing and cruelty free.

Would I purchase this palette again? No (without hesitation).

on 7/27/2017 1:00:00 AM

I bought this palette after much hype and praise, on the back of purchasing the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette. Big mistake there. I found that this palette although revolutionary at the time, did not live up to its status with the subsequent releases of the Chocolate Bar, KVD and Tartelettes.

I fought everyday to try and come up with looks with this, unfortunately it was always not what I was hoping for. The colours run cool and there is much to much shimmer for my everyday liking. I wanted something that made my olive skin look healthy and pretty but each time I used this it was dull and shimmery and way too smokey.

I was severely disappointed and wanted to love this like everyone else. But the competition out there out-shines this palette and for the price I paid in Australia this was not good enough for me. I regret buying this. I don't think UD's eye-shadows are for me, I even bought Naked 3 thinking I just chose the wrong colour combinations; before TF's Sweet Peach released and now regret that too. So wish it was for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I do love the Urban Decay naked palettes. I have two of them and find the quality to be decent. They blend out well and have decent pigment. As a whole, I like most of their products and I do want to get the new Naked Heat palette. I also like the brushes that come with them. They are not bad and can be used on a regular basis. They have held up to multiple cleanings and uses. Also, these eye shadows hold up when using them wet.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

First off I admit that I bought this product because of all the YouTube hype and it's probably a product I wouldn't have given a second glance if not for the hype (yes, I've now learned my lesson and won't be doing that again!). After hearing over and over how sooo versatile this product is and how it's such a must have for any makeup lover I finally caved in and coughed up the $80AUD (gasp!) and bought the original Naked Palette.

Now I personally don't notice the glitter fallout issues others have mentioned and overall I guess the quality is ok - however versatile it is not. First off the colour payoff, while better than most low end eyeshadow is still not what I was expecting for such an exorbitant price. And then too many of the shades come out extremely similar on my eyes even though they look different in the pan and in swatches; the colours mush together on the eyes far too easily. By comparison my Chocolate Bar palettes (which I love) may have a lot of browns, but they are clearly all different browns. The result is whatever look I try to create with Naked just ends up looking the same - a conservative, neutral, slightly smoky 'naked' eye - and believe me I really tried to make it work, because I wanted to justify spending that $80. But I just don't do that particular neutral eye look often enough to justify the price (nothing against that look, but I have deep set and rather close set eyes and that look does nothing for me). When I do do a neutral eye, I find myself reaching for my Sleek Storm palette (also a neutral toned palette, but with a few vibrant jewel tones) far more often, and that cost me a quarter of the price. I understand that Naked was considered revolutionary when it first launched, but I can't help but feel that all the individual shades in it I have seen 100 times before, even long before 2010, making this palette very easily dupable. The only shade that particularly stands out for me is 'Buck'.

I would recommend this product if you are a big fan of the conservative, neutral, 'contoured eye' look and this is the look you do everyday and you can imagine yourself hitting pan. I'm not dissing Naked - I can understand why certain people would love it and the quality is decent. But if you love to experiment with your look, skip this and buy a dupe. Save your money and buy a more unique, less dupe-able high end palette instead. For other Australians out there - ChiChi does a fantastic Naked dupe called Nudes. Although admittedly the quality of the ChiChi isn't as quite as good as the Naked palette, you can get the same identical 'Naked' look using it over one of NYX's eye bases. You can get both the ChiChi and the Sleek palettes from Target.

on 4/30/2017 2:15:00 PM

I got this palette a while ago, sometimes in 2011???

I wanted to love this palette as much as the rest of the world did and I hate to admit that the formula of these shadows did not impress me. The matte ones are fine, very creamy, very easy to blend, perfect as transition shades.

Problems start with the shimmery ones, they are very pretty to look at, but a nightmare to work with. They are creamy and pigmented of course, but they tend to get all over the place, they do crease big time, darker shades have major fallouts, shimmers are too shimmery, they are not long lasting, they wont stay put (I was an avid user of their eye primer potion, I used their primer with their shadows... ugh...) I give up.

The palette has been resting peacefully in my drawer, it's still there but I haven't touched it in years. So I never bought any palettes from UD again.

on 3/7/2017 11:58:00 PM

Finally caved in and decided to try this palette (Urban Decay's original NAKED). I had a feeling I would not be impressed but was hoping I would be wrong. But I was not impressed. The eyeshadow seem hardpacked but still create some fallout. Not as creamy as I was hoping they would be. The shades come out looking kind of muddy. There's a few shades I like alright but in general they all look prettier in the pan. Hard to blend and creases pretty easily. I don't like the brush that came with this pallet. I prefer my own which are softer and less scratchy on my sensitive eyelids. I've tried a few different combinations of looks and most of them just came out looking muddy and blah. I will probably be returning this for a different pallet, as I've got other nude and warm/golden pallets that are much better.

on 3/2/2017 12:56:00 PM

Pros: nice range of colors, rich colors, silky. Cons: too much fallout, muddy, irritating, hard to blend

on 3/1/2017 2:00:00 PM

I avoided the hype of the Naked palettes until the Naked 3... Then I was hooked. I understood the hype and gave in. I went back and got the original since I wanted a warmer toned palette. I love the texture/consistency of Urban Decay shadows the most. (Anastasia is a close second, and in fact, I prefer their mattes) The pigmentation is excellent. It doesn't fade off my eyes the way other eyeshadows do. It blends well. It does not cause any irritation. It offers a good color range/selection. Overall, it's just a really nice palette. It's a tad pricey but I feel that if you are mainly a neutral makeup wearer, this one palette (or one of the other Naked palettes, depending on your preferred undertone) could be all you need.

on 2/6/2017 9:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This was my first higher end eye palette and the dream has turned into nightmare for me. Every time I used these, I suffered from eyelids irritation and after some time eyes became watery. I did not let the makeup on me any further, so do not know the extent the allergy will increase.

The thing is I cannot even return this, my brother purchased it for me from UD website and I do not live in the US.

I have used MAC paintpots, eyeshadows too. And some drugstore eyeshadows too. Nothing ever caused this kind of reaction.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I wanted a neutrals palette and found myself between the Naked family and the Chocolate Bar family. Both known for quality, so I couldn't go wrong, right?

I decided on Naked. I already had an urban decay single (Blackout. A truer black, you will never find!) and was impressed with the quality. Now between the Nakeds - 1,2 &3. I love both one and two. After a brief mental romance with three, I decided that 1 & 2 were the top contenders. I was so concerned about the mount of shimmer and what that would look like on me.

Naked1 was the first one that I tried and though I was threatened by the sparkle (Smashbox Full Exposure traumatized me as far as glitter goes) it went on like a dream. The transitions. The blending. First look out of the gate looked amazing. This look also lasted forever. Looked the same when I removed it that night as it did the morning. Little fallout. No creasing or patchy places.

Update: this was my first palette. I now have many. I did get Naked2 but ended up getting rid of it. One Naked palette is enough for me. It was tough choosing between 1 and 2. I decided to keep Naked1 because it had more useable mattes. Urban Decay's mattes aren't very impressive, in my opinion, especially compared to Lorac and Tarte, etc. the shimmer shades (which make up most of this palette) are good, though. All of the shadows have great longevity, which is important to me. I still greatly enjoy this palette and one can never run out of different looks and tutorials to follow. I do pair it with matte shadows from other palettes. If I had to do it over again I would not have chosen a Naked palette. I would go with Lorac or Tarte. Lorac has better shimmers and mattes. I love almost all of Tarte's shadows. Both have better pigmentation. It's certainly not like I dislike this palette, I just think there are better options out there.