Urban Decay NAKED

Filtered by age: 25-29
Urban Decay NAKED

4.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 11/18/2017 5:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have this since it came out! It has lasted me all these years.. but i dont use it on regular basis only special occasions..would I repurchase this No! I only bought it because of all the positive reviews and the hype. But there are much better options with half the price and the eyeshadow causes alot of fallouts! Every single one of it! And after application it makes the eyes look muddy!

on 3/2/2017 2:04:00 PM

Oh where do I start with this? I have such a love and hate relationship with my Naked Palette.. the shadows are nice and creamy, beautifully pigmented, nice neutral colours.. but they are so hard to blend (I am not a beginner), I mean you can work with them if you put a bit more time into blending. They don't stay on my eyes for very long, and crease very easily. When I do a look with this, it looks amazing for the first couple of hours, then the shadows kind of disappear into thin air. I could sit at my vanity and swatch these shadows all day, but realistically I only make good use out of the matte shades and a couple of the shimmers in this palette. Love the packaging tho.

The naked palettes are a great line for every day looks.

I think this is a great palette for someone looking for every day wear to work makeup that can also be played up for a more dramatic nighttime look. Timeless colours that will never go out of style.

on 12/5/2016 4:36:00 PM

This is a very nice, well-curated palette. I'm just not sure it's worth the unbelievable hype surrounding it. I have several palettes that are more exciting and more versatile and just as high quality. And more affordable. That said, this palette is beautiful. The shadows are of undeniable quality and pigmentation. They are extremely blendable and smooth, easy to work with, and creating looks is simple because, being neutral, they all complement each other so well. In that sense, this is a no-brainer, great for beginners (if they can afford it). However, this palette is also very shimmery. There are only two matte shades. It could benefit from a deep, dark matte shade to deepen the crease/outer-v, and to line with. I have partially hooded eyes naturally, so I don't benefit a lot from tones of shimmer. Gals and guys with hooded or partially hooded eyes should be aware.

I think when this palette came out, it was unique and very exciting. Since then, hundreds of beautiful, wonderful palettes have come on the market, some at great prices, and I'm not sure the Naked palette is as essential as it once was. I'm glad I got it, but I don't think I was missing too much without it. I'll pull it out on days that I need a nice eye look, but don't want to think too much about it or spend a lot of time on it. At the end of the day, it is over-priced and over-hyped, but certainly a wonderful product.

I think if I ever run out of any of these shadows, I'll probably get a high quality dupe from an affordable brand instead of getting this expensive palette again.

on 8/30/2016 1:53:00 PM

This was my first high-end palette, and i still love it so much. I think it's a great palette if you want to start using eye shadows and practice your technique. You will be able to achieve a lot of different looks with the colors and finishes of the eye-shadows in the palette. I think the colors will suit a lot of skin tones and occasions, and probably even if you get more eye shadows you will come back to the naked 1 every once in a while.
The only thing i don't like that much about naked palettes is the fact that they don't include enough matte eye shadows, having a hooded eyes i really need to built darkness in my crease with matte colors. But i think that is really fixable by using face powder products for example.

on 8/28/2016 4:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

To be fair I had found Too Faced before I even came across Urban Decay's Naked palettes and Kat Von D after. What's sad for me is after using KVD and TF I can't seem to fall in love with any of the UD palettes.

The colours in the original are better than UD3 but there are too many shimmers and so you can't use this independently. I also find that the colours don't translate on the eyelids as pigmented as I would like, and so I have to try and put in multiple layers which I just don't have time for.

It may be personal preference, but when I play around with these and compare them with other highend palettes, I notice the lack of luster in the colours and the extensive fall out (which makes me feel like I'm wasting product).

With so many others to compete with, unfortunately I just don't want to reach for these shadows as often.

on 5/14/2016 5:19:00 PM

The perfect palette. I haven't been using any other eye shadows since buying this.
It suits warm skinned girls, who are into neutral makeup. Pinks and Browns and Bronzes? Bring it on :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've had this palette for way too long, since it first launched back in 2010. I got the batch where it came with the dual ended 24/7 eyeliner in Zero and Whisky (that is already long used up) instead of the eye brush. It may have taken me 6 years to hit pan on 8 of the 12 colours and it will probably last me another 6 years*.

I distinctly remember how I use to wear this palette when I first got it, my hooded lids would take any dark colour (smog, hustle, dark horse) and I would use a combo of the mattes (naked and buck) to blend out, it was smokey eye that was a bit OTT for school, admittedly. Now I am more focused on naked as an all over lid, buck for crease definition, dark horse or hustle for a hazy lash line, and a pop of sin in the inner corners. The four shades I have yet to hit pan on are virgin, sidecar, creep, and gunmetal - probably because virgin is too stark on my skintone, sidecar is glitter fall out city, creep and gunmetal need a lot of work to make work. I always wear a primer underneath my shadows; even if the UD shadows are usually pretty pigmented, I find they dont last very long without one.

The packaging is flocked velvet that attracts dust and now that I've moved to a humid country, I've had mold grow on the exterior (I brush it off with a vinegar soaked old toothbrush, gross I know). The magnet is strong enough and I've taken this to numerous trips and its held up fine.

Even though I have stood by this eye palette for as long as I have and it is still to this day my most used palette, if I were to lose it, I would rather replace it with MUG eye shadows and include more mattes and fun neutrals (loving the warmer tones, olive golds, and burgundy). Don't get me wrong this a great quality palette to play with but I am barely inspired by it alone, I always want to pull in several shades to finish off a look.

I got this as a gift, back when it was ~$10 CAD cheaper than the current price.

*I spray down my eyeshadows with rubbing alcohol at least once a month to kill bacteria

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I loooooove Urban Decay Palettes!!
I have the Naked 1 and Naked 2 palette! However I do with I had bought the Naked 3 instead because I have small eyes and therefore I the brighter colors from the Naked 3 would have suited me better as an everyday palette.
I do love the Naked 1 and 2, however I don't reach for them everyday as I find the Chocolate bar better suited for everyday use!

I like this palette!
It contains basic shades that every woman should own and which are always trendy and look good on any skin type or eye colour.
Shades are high quality and last all day even without eyeshadow base.
Texture is great, well pigmented, blends well (I use two sided brush that comes with shades).
My favourite shades are dark horse and buck!
My friend has been using this palette for more than a year every day and it looks almost like brand new, so it's a good investment no matter the price.
The packaging is good, my only complaint is that when I want to put on my make up, I want to keep the box open, but it keeps closing, so I have to put something on the edge of upper part to prevent closing.
One thing is sure: when you own this product there is no need to buy any other eyeshadow product because here you have everything you need for daily makeup routine AND special occasions.
My overall experience: great product, will repurchase!