Urban Decay NAKED [DISCONTINUED]

Urban Decay NAKED  [DISCONTINUED]

4.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 11/5/2018 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I have always been attracted to the Naked concept for many years as it's aligned with my "no makeup" makeup life but I never got around to buying it as it is quite pricey. When I heard that this palette was about to be discontinued I pretty much rushed to Sephora and bought it. I am so pleased with this buy and wished I had gotten it sooner. Appreciate the very neutral colour selection - neither warm, nor cool. just nice - and I am over the moon that there are 3 great highlighters that I can use on the cheekbone. I liked every combination I tried on, the colours work very well together (all neutrals, duh) and staying power is good with primer. I do not get fallout like others here mentioned unless I pack the brush with product and I do not understand the "muddy" comments here as I didn't get that. My verdict is therefore - a great neutral 12-colour palette for natural makeup lovers. There is one BIG drawback and that there's only 2 (why?) mattes in here and for my skin tone (tan Asian) only 1 is is useful for the crease area ("Buck") so sadly because of this I take 1 lippy off.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love this pallet and get tons of use out of it, which - ironically- is why I can understand other people’s dislike. I use two colors at most on my lids at a time, and there’s a solid chance that the second color is there as a liner - hence I wouldn’t know about the blendability issues. My job requires very conservative, low key clothes and makeup, so I’m happy with their pigmentation strength being what it is (definitely noticeable, but not like I took a marker in that color and drew it on). The very fact that this is exactly the kind of pallet that fits into my life is probably why other people here are underwhelmed. I feel very pretty and polished when I do up my eyes with these shades, so the original Naked pallet has been a good sidekick to me over the years. But styles change and I can see the logic in discontinuing it for something more up to date. Hail to the king, baby.

its ok for me, i prefer the shades of the naked2. the velvet packaging also get dirty too easily. it wears well, i like only a wash of color on my eyes and even without primer on my more oily eyelids, there is minimal fading. i did buy this in 2012 i believe, way before i started watching YT. the colors are beautiful but they are definitely deeper than what im i actually debated whether or not to pick up another one when i heard it was dc, and decided against it as i could put my $27 toward another palette i actually would love more

on 9/2/2018 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Purchased recently, really love it.I have deeply tanned skin.I won't need another neutral palette.Has good staying power, on my oily eyelids.I do use primer 1st.Thought about this purchase for a while before purchasing, as its not cheap.Worth it as I use often.I like the double ended brushed with it also.The suede feeling type of cover of the palette would be quite protective, if it fell.

1 star for the brand which decided to discontinue this eyeshadow palette, 5 stars for the product. And to those saying no one should wear this palette on their eyes: Why should we listen to you? It's our decision, our face and body and if we think those colors suit us, then leave us alone and keep your opinions in your mind. I've seen many girls (and boys) who adore this palette, no matter what skin color, they all looked awesome. (Maybe you don't like the palette and wanted to bash it through your negative review, that's ok, but it's not ok to tell everybody to stop wearing it just because you don't like these colors and shimmers.) I bought a backup of this palette because I know I would miss it dearly if it's empty.

I love this eyeshadow palette. The brush that comes with it works really nicely.

The product lasts well, even without primer. There are a couple of shades I probably won't use but I'm happy with the 10 that I really love.

I'm not a fan of the furry packaging, it always looks dusty and old.

on 7/20/2018 12:38:00 PM

What can I say about the NAKED OG? I love it- I'm a fan of neutral shades so I love the NAKED palettes. I currently own them all including Smokey and Heat, proving that I am willing to shell out the $ for such a great product. The diversity of colors make it easy to create different looks. I also like to mix and match with my other palettes too. The cosistancy is smooth, pigminted and has great staying power- especially when paired with UD primer potions. The brush included in each palette is also very good. These shadows are worth every penny!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Back in the days this was the first palette I ever purchased for myself and I still have this. Firstly the colors are stunning and these are strong pigments which is exactly what I was looking for. However most of the colors are very shimmery and not subtle enough for day use (I can only see me pulling off the 2 mattes in the palette if applying before a day at the office). One of the downsides is the fallout can be pretty bad with these. Not only would I end up with powder on my face, but on my top too - which would be great IF I was trying to get the dress to match my face! On the plus side though: no creasing at all, even if not using a primer beforehand. The colors are very pigmented and a little goes a long way and I do find the brush and mirror which are both part of the palette really handy when travelling and don't have enough room to carry separate ones. Have read about some others' experiences of it opening but luckily never once happened to me so far.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I'm constantly trying out new stuff all the time - usually sample/trial sizes from e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
3. Pigmentation/Anti-Ageing: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum
4. Cleanser: 'Aveda' - Purifying Gel Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

After so many years I finally splurged and purchased the Naked palette. I can't say I was too impressed because I ended up returning it. It is a LOVELY palette - don't get me wrong. The shades are lovely. But my problem with the palette was that it only has 2 matte shades. I'm one that likes to put a nice light cream shadow all over my lid before the rest of the shades and this was missing in this palette. Secondly, I never use black or silver eyeshadows. Overall, this palette is good for someone who loves shimmery eyeshadows. I will purchase the Chocolate Bar palette intsead.

on 2/18/2018 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I’ll admit that I didn’t like this palette much the first few weeks I had it; the shadows were subtle and dry. But after using it, I realized that sometimes subtle is a good thing; these shadows are very buildable and the shimmers look pretty without being in your face. I do get fallout if I try to pack on more than two layers of the shimmer shades.

I don’t like the last two shades at the end; they’re too sheer and fade off my eyelids after a few hours even when I use primer. The brush enclosed is decent, but I would rather not have it if the price were to be lowered and the packaging attracts dust. This is nice, but I don’t think it is worth $54; I am keeping mine because I got a discount.