LUSH Ultrabalm

Filtered by eye Color : Brown

4.3

Organic Cold-Pressed Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis), Candelilla Wax (Euphorbia cerifera), Rose Wax (Rosa damascena) *Occurs naturally in essential oils

This new product from LUSH is a winner! Described by the company as an "all purpose balm for all your bits," I fell in love with it primarily due to how it worked on my constantly dry, ragged cuticles. Lemony Flutter worked well for a time, but I switched to Dior's apricot creme as it was heavier and ultimately did a better job. But the scent of Dior can be a little overwhelming, and the consistency can be too thick, especially on a hot summer day.

So I considered it serendipity when I happened across Ultrabalm, which has the loveliest consistency of any moisturizing product I've ever tried. It looks thick and waxy, and at first touch it feels almost too oily and slippery. But it sinks in so nicely, so quickly. Its powerhouse moisturizing ability is to die for! I now use this on my cuticles, on any dry patches, and my heels after a shower. I also keep another tub by my bed so I can apply it on my lips before bed.

This retails for $12.95, which is inexpensive for how long this should last and how wonderfully it performs. Perfection!

Far be it for me to ruin the perfect score this product has here, because you guys -- Ultrabalm is AMAZING. At first I thought it was an overhyped, useless product, basically a natural version of Vaseline, am I right? But then. But then! I bit the bullet and bought it for 7.50 GBP in LUSH Edinburgh, among the raving of various SAs who were helping me pick out products. The consistency is wonderful; if you leave it somewhere warm it turns into an almost creamy paste, and if you keep it at room temperature, it is just a wee bit harder. The smell is very fresh and neutral, a slightly herbal, bland smell -- how exciting can jojoba, candelilla, and rose get? Since buying a pot of this I've used it for everything. Lips dried out from overzealous lipgloss application? Ultrabalm. Heels looking a mess due to wearing flipflops all summer? Ultrabalm. No eye makeup remover because I flew into Chicago without luggage, and had to fit everything into a quart-sized bag? Ultrabalm. Hand cream gone missing under the couch and cuticles begging for help? Ultrabalm. Mosquito bites that I wasn't prepared for? Ultrabalm. Something to help enhance the scent of my summer fragrance (Marc Jacob Daisy)? Ultrabalm.

This isn't an exaggeration. I seriously cannot think of a day I haven't used this product somewhere. Go out and buy it and prepare to be amazed. "Multipurpose" product, without a doubt. Total and complete love from this reviewer.

Overall, this is a really good multi-purpose product. It really does soothe and moisturize like the description says it does. Comparing this to the Egyptian Magic Cream, it's got a grittier texture, which I like, because it exfoliates my lips better. I also like how it comes in a smaller size (1.4 oz.), whereas I could only find the Egyptian Magic Cream available in a 4 oz. plastic jar. The only thing that I active dislike about this product is the smell. I tend to like my products either unscented or sweet-smelling (think of scents such as lavender, coconut, vanilla, or rose). Well, it does contain roses in it, rose wax (Damascena), that is, but the smell is more. . .spicy? In an icky sort of way. I don't know. Most people I know say that the scent of the balm is either pretty unoffensive or that they don't smell like anything at all. Maybe I'm just crazy. Anyways, if you're looking for an organic/natural alternative to a regular balm such as Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream, then the Lush Ultrabalm would be worth checking out.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Great product, Lush! I tried a sample of this at the Providence Lush store, then purchased a not-so-great jar of it at a NYC Lush. Dismayed, I didn't let it get me down. When I got back to CA I got a jar at the Anaheim store, and it was SO much better! This stuff is great for lips, keeping stray eyebrow hairs in place (one of my favorite uses for it), cuticles, dry spots wherever, etc. It's pretty all-purpose, and way better than vaseline (for you & the environment). Smell is sort of a hint of rose, but mostly unscented. :)

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I got this in a gift bag from a friend familiar with my beeswax allergy. It's difficult to find a good lip balm that doesn't include beeswax. Let me say that I want to marry Ultrabalm and make little supple, hydrated babies. From the first application, I knew that this was a winner. It moisturizes without making me feel greasy. I use it on my lips regularly, sometimes on my crusty hands and slathered on my face to walk the dog during a bitterly cold snap that we had in my area. As much as I (over) use this, I have yet to see an end to my now beloved Ultrabalm. When it does finish, I'm gonna cry and then rush out to buy another.

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

I WISH I bought this earlier!! I was never planning to get this but walked into my local LUSH and was curious because I realised this is the one of the cheapest things in the store and yet all the SAs were raving on about it. And it's only now I get it! Ultrabalm is my new MUST-HAVE item! It's going in my uni/party/travel/carry on bag.

This is great on lips (non sticky and great to keep/enhance lip colour/stains), great on elbows and knees(my poor elbows are so much happier and softer!), the odd winter dry bits, great for making stubborn bits of hair obey (even eyebrows!), great for sun/wind burn, insect bites, AWESOME on cuticles, and TERRIFIC for TATTOOS!

EVEN STILL! 45 grams is a generous amount of balm so I'm insure how much I can possibly use this before this expires in 14 months even with all those uses! Nevertheless, my body already thanks me for it. And for $AUD7.95 ... this is a STEAL.

If you were hesitant like me, ask yourself whether you could use just the ONE THING you could whip out of your bag for just about any dry/itchy/sore bit on your body or unruly hair and makes a decision. Or even try how you like it in store? (I chose not to try it because I have a thing about everyones hands being in them :P)

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This all purpose balm works great as a lip conditioner, I apply it on at night before I go to bed and I wake up with amazingly soft lips. It also works great on elbows and any area needing extra moisture. I have a feeling this will be in my must haves for a very long time!

I've been on the hunt for a lip balm that is petroleum free and one that is more natural. This is due to the fact that with chronic and frequent use, we all tend to ingest lip balm/lipsticks regularly.

This is now HG for me. I've only used it on my lips but it sure could do well on cuticles and dry skin. My old standby lipbalm was Kiehl's #5. However, I would always wake up with SUPER dry lips in the AM and dry lips all day. Now, I apply this just before bed and my lips are still soft in the morning. I only use this when at home as it doesn't have any SPF in it.

It is also one of the more natural balms with only three ingredients: organic jojoba oil, candelilla wax and rose wax. Plus - no parabens! (If you don't like musky flavors though, this isn't for you. You can definitely taste the rose factor.)

Due to it's extremely soft texture, it comes in a tin. I usually prefer to have lip balms in a stick form so that I don't have to dip fingers into an increasingly contaminated pot. Given how awesome this balm is, I'll get over it. Depotting into smaller pots makes this more travel/purse friendly.

this product is AMAZING holy crap. I used to use jojoba oil from the bottle, SO hard and so messy to actually use but ultrabalm solved all my problems!

I use this during winter at night on my face when its really dry, I have super dry skin so its a lifesaver. jojoba oil is supposed to mimic your body's natural oils, so its safe and effective to use if you have super dry, sensitive skin.

its also great, great, great as a lipbalm. the problem i have with some lipbalms is that they actually DRY out your lips sometimes. the ingredients in these balms kind of scare me, since I also have dry, chapped lips (i'm drinking more water i promise!). but anyway, this thing is so good on my lips and i put it on at night after i've exfoliated.

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I got this for my hair to smooth the frizz and it works so well plus I feel good knowing its natural and I can use it on my lips as well :)
Its an excellent all purpose balm.
I don't think any balm is particularly moisturizing for lips tho so I only use this on top of moisture as a sealant, it doesn't feel greasy and melts away to leave smooth skin.

Top Rated Lip Treatments