LUSH Ultrabalm

Filtered by eye Color : Blue

4.3

Organic Cold-Pressed Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis), Candelilla Wax (Euphorbia cerifera), Rose Wax (Rosa damascena) *Occurs naturally in essential oils

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Love ultrabalm! It is a decent amount for the price you pay, so I think it's worth the price. It is similar to pawpaw cream. It has so many uses too. I put it on my lips, any cuts/rashes/chafing and it even calms eczema. Will most definitely be buying this again!

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Another favourite! This is fairly cheap for a Lush product and it's just so lovely. It has no noticeable scent or colour and it's great for any kind of dry skin. I also use it as a lip balm in the same way that some people would use vaseline. The oils are lovely and softening, although sometimes when it's cold the formula gets a little gritty before you put it on your skin. I will most certainly buy again.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This product is essentially a combination of Jojoba oil, Candelilla Wax, and Rose Wax. I liked it alot when I first purchased it, enough to use up an entire tin and repurchase. However, I do not think I will be repurchasing for a second time.

I originally liked it as a multi-purpose moisturizer for body and face. I liked how it was all natural, it sinks right in, and gives light sustained moisture. I also liked how I could use it all over and anywhere that needed moisture.

However, the longer I used this product, the more I grew to dislike it. I feel as though the moisture this product gives is not enough (and I have combination - normal skin). Yes, it does sink in, but my skin still feels dehydrated when I use this long term. Secondly, I can no longer use this product on my face. When I apply it near my eyes overnight, I wake up with puffy eyes. When I apply this on my nose overnight, I wake up with black junk in my pores. And when I apply this on my cheeks, I eventually get scattered clogs.

Ultrabalm, I thought you were HG. But now I know, you were not meant to be :(

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

Ultrabalm is THE perfect all-natural substitute for Vaseline & petroleum jelly products - think I've found a keeper here! I prefer to keep my skincare products natural and was recommended Ultrabalm by Lush staff for dry lips and patches of dry skin on my arms from a combination of winter weather and mild eczema since my skin was in such a bad place at the time.
At 8.25 for a small 45g tin it does seem on the pricey side, although as you only need a tiny amount it lasts for ages - I'm barely halfway through my first tin I bought a year ago. It has a pleasant 'woody' smell similar to Lush's Ultrabland cleanser - if you're not a fan of the smell don't worry, it doesn't linger as much. I was pleased to see the formula is kept simple and natural with no chemical nastiness - just organic jojoba oil, rose wax and candelilla wax.
There are literally hundreds of uses for this product - I use it as an emergency overnight lip treatment and wake up with baby-soft lips, as well as on my dry knuckles and heels in winter during the day when I don't want to apply greasy hand cream or foot cream all over. My skin always turns out super-soft and lovely afterwards. Even my boyfriend uses it to relieve sore dry skin on his hands and elbows caused by irritant chemicals after working on cars all day. It can be used just like Vaseline but without the worry of putting chemicals on your skin - ideal for removing makeup, using when dyeing hair to prevent stained skin, tattoo balm, you name it.
The only negatives: it feels slightly gritty, again like Ultrabland cleanser, which is why I only use it on my lips occasionally. Also it can be messy to keep sticking your fingers in the tin so it would be great if they did a compact tin for hygiene.
I really do recommend this to anyone with dry skin patches or who wants a natural alternative to Vaseline - this product is seriously amazing and 100% worth the purchase!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have a little tin of this. you can no longer get the little tins :( I mainly use this on my lips but have used it on hands and other dry bits. I will be getting a big tin.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is an AMAZING all-round balm!!! I have super sensitive and dry skin and i must have gone thru nearly every cream there is out there! And Lush products are probably 1 of 3 ranges that dont make my skin sting when its flared up. Ultrabalm is SO universal. It makes a great rich night serum of sorts or to use on ANY dry patches. Not tried it as a make up remover yet. It is quite greasy but not heavy at all and leaves the skin feeling soft and nourished! Its probably abit greasy to wear under make up but if its left to sink in long enough it'd be fine. I carry this around with me everywhere and am on my 5th pot this year. And with only 3 completely natural ingredients its excellent for sensitive skin! Packaging is minimalistic which is perfect. I'd totally recommend it!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Doesn't really moisturise my lips at all and has a thick, grainy, lumpy texture. Definitely will not repurchase.
UPDATE: I used this in addition to sweet almond oil to cleanse on a whim. Whilst I'm not mad on the texture, it does make a nice nourishing addition to my oil cleansing routine when my skin feels dry.

I love the other LUSH Balms and had to try this one after reading all of the good reviews. It is really really gritty so I can't get over that when I use it on my lips. I'm thinking that because LUSH products are homemade and no one else has complained similarly this might be just a bad jar, but I'll try to finish it and maybe give it another shot.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

Ultrabalm, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways!

I use it for:
- Lip balm!
- Ultra-moisturizing dry spots around my nose in the winter. I went from chapped beyond repair to luscious and silky in a few days.
- Chafing in the summertime. LITERALLY reconditions skin so it's not even necessary to use it often.
- Making scents last.
- Moisturizing my very dry knees, elbows, and heels.

I looooove Ultrabalm, will never be without it in my house again. I lost my tin in my apartment once and went out the very next day to purchase more. It is a steal for how little is required.

Love it! It strikes just the right balance - its moisturizing and you can feel the difference it makes in your skin, but without feeling heavy or leaving your hands greasy. It melts into your skin right away and lasts for a while. It's similar to Vaseline but without any petroleum.

Top Rated Lip Treatments