LUSH Ultrabalm

Filtered by hair type : Wavy

4.3

Organic Cold-Pressed Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis), Candelilla Wax (Euphorbia cerifera), Rose Wax (Rosa damascena) *Occurs naturally in essential oils

This new product from LUSH is a winner! Described by the company as an "all purpose balm for all your bits," I fell in love with it primarily due to how it worked on my constantly dry, ragged cuticles. Lemony Flutter worked well for a time, but I switched to Dior's apricot creme as it was heavier and ultimately did a better job. But the scent of Dior can be a little overwhelming, and the consistency can be too thick, especially on a hot summer day.

So I considered it serendipity when I happened across Ultrabalm, which has the loveliest consistency of any moisturizing product I've ever tried. It looks thick and waxy, and at first touch it feels almost too oily and slippery. But it sinks in so nicely, so quickly. Its powerhouse moisturizing ability is to die for! I now use this on my cuticles, on any dry patches, and my heels after a shower. I also keep another tub by my bed so I can apply it on my lips before bed.

This retails for $12.95, which is inexpensive for how long this should last and how wonderfully it performs. Perfection!

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I don't really use Ultrabalm for my lips but it works so wonderfully for other purposes.
It's great for moisturising really dry, flaky skin. I get patches of these on my ankles & nothing else has come close to softening them. Ultrabalm made a noticeable difference after just one use.
I use it in place of Vaseline around my hairline whilst dyeing my hair. I always found Vaseline too thick & sticky. My hair seemed magnetically drawn to it & would get stuck. Ultrabalm is thinner in texture but works as well as Vaseline for this purpose. Any dye that's dripped wipes right off, no staining at all. As an added bonus, you're left with incredibly soft skin.
Incredibly handy to keep around when you have a cold. No matter what kind of tissues I use, if I get a bad cold I always get a very sore, red nose that turns dry & flaky. Most moisturisers either can't cope with the dryness or they really sting my irritated skin. A thickish layer of Ultrabalm not only stops my nose from getting to the dry stage but it seems to take most of the redness out & absolutely no stinging or burning at all.
The packaging is great. Yes, it's in a tin which isn't always sanitary but it's a good, solid tin. You won't find random bits of stuff that collect at the bottom of your bag stuck inside the balm. It's also very easy to open, unlike some other products that come in tins.
Great multi-use product that I'll continue to repurchase over & over.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Great product, Lush! I tried a sample of this at the Providence Lush store, then purchased a not-so-great jar of it at a NYC Lush. Dismayed, I didn't let it get me down. When I got back to CA I got a jar at the Anaheim store, and it was SO much better! This stuff is great for lips, keeping stray eyebrow hairs in place (one of my favorite uses for it), cuticles, dry spots wherever, etc. It's pretty all-purpose, and way better than vaseline (for you & the environment). Smell is sort of a hint of rose, but mostly unscented. :)

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I got this for my hair to smooth the frizz and it works so well plus I feel good knowing its natural and I can use it on my lips as well :)
Its an excellent all purpose balm.
I don't think any balm is particularly moisturizing for lips tho so I only use this on top of moisture as a sealant, it doesn't feel greasy and melts away to leave smooth skin.

This balm is fantastic and extremely pure as it only has three ingredients. It softens lips and banishes any dry patches. I normally use 8 hr cream but this does the job just as well and I love the fact that it has natural ingredients.

I love the other LUSH Balms and had to try this one after reading all of the good reviews. It is really really gritty so I can't get over that when I use it on my lips. I'm thinking that because LUSH products are homemade and no one else has complained similarly this might be just a bad jar, but I'll try to finish it and maybe give it another shot.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Doesn't really moisturise my lips at all and has a thick, grainy, lumpy texture. Definitely will not repurchase.
UPDATE: I used this in addition to sweet almond oil to cleanse on a whim. Whilst I'm not mad on the texture, it does make a nice nourishing addition to my oil cleansing routine when my skin feels dry.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love this stuff! I bought it as a cheap alternative to my tin of Antipodes Skin Saviour, and although the Ultrabalm isn't as luxurious (and doesn't smell as nice) as the Antipodes stuff, it's a quarter of the price, so I'm happy.

It's winter here, so I'm finding it hard to get out of the tin, but that's to be expected when it has Jojoba oil in it. Jojoba's actually a wax, so it has that slightly grainy feel to it, and doesn't spread in the way an oil would, but it just means lots of little applications, instead of one big one.

So far I've used it as a night cream, eye cream, lip balm, cuticle conditioner, spot moisturiser (for keratosis, eczema and dry knees) and tattoo care cream. It hasn't failed me yet!

Also, the tin is great, really easy to open, but doesn't come apart in my bag.

If you're reading this though, Ultrabalm ISN'T a lip treatment... it's in the wrong category. It's an all-round skin balm.

I've sensitive skin and had allergic reactions to some of the hyped eye make-up removers previously. So I was looking for a make up remover with natural ingredients. I've used Dermalogica's Precleanse before and I love it. It removed every bit of make up without irritating my eyes. But it's oh so expensive. Ultrabalm is a beautiful, cheaper alternative for Precleanse. It's multi-purpose too, I've been using it for my cuticles as well. Just two tiny downsides:

- It's a little too greasy and hard to remove even with warm water, I'm not a great fan of the sticky feel that it leaves. So I use it before going to bed and that makes it okay because it moisturizes my eyes and that oily feeling is gone in the morning; I wake up with soft eyelids, ready for make up. If I sin and sleep without removing my make up and use UltraBalm in the morning, it takes quite a bit of effort to remove that sticky feel before applying make-up again.

- Its consistency during summer makes you use more product than you would normally do because it gets too creamy. I left it in a room with A/C and it solved it for me. After reading the reviews, I'll now try keeping it in the fridge.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is an AMAZING all-round balm!!! I have super sensitive and dry skin and i must have gone thru nearly every cream there is out there! And Lush products are probably 1 of 3 ranges that dont make my skin sting when its flared up. Ultrabalm is SO universal. It makes a great rich night serum of sorts or to use on ANY dry patches. Not tried it as a make up remover yet. It is quite greasy but not heavy at all and leaves the skin feeling soft and nourished! Its probably abit greasy to wear under make up but if its left to sink in long enough it'd be fine. I carry this around with me everywhere and am on my 5th pot this year. And with only 3 completely natural ingredients its excellent for sensitive skin! Packaging is minimalistic which is perfect. I'd totally recommend it!

Top Rated Lip Treatments