LUSH Ultrabalm

Filtered by hair type : Wavy

4.3

Organic Cold-Pressed Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis), Candelilla Wax (Euphorbia cerifera), Rose Wax (Rosa damascena) *Occurs naturally in essential oils

I do like this balm but it feels grainy, and whenever I apply on my lips (and anywhere else) I can feel the texture of the little grains. When I rub/warm the product up they dissolve, but it's not convenient to do that whenever I want to use it.. I wonder if I just got a bad one. But I can't fully enjoy it and it's not exactly cheap either. A bit disappointing.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I like this, but don't love it as much as I expected to.

I have persistent dry patches on and around my lips, and Ultrabalm seems to have helped some with that, without causing breakouts. You do need to reapply often, though.

I'm not really crazy about the cucumber-y scent, but it doesn't bother me. I'll use up this tin, but I'll probably try something else next time.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Lush is my go-to brand ever since i stopped using animal tested products, of the few things I've used, no product has disappointed me and this isn't the exception.I've used this on mosquito bites, some minor cuts,cuticles and pretty much everything and I have to say this is the BEST balm ever, it is kind of expensive but since you don't need a lot I guess this is going to last for ages, I would definitely repurchase and recommend.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Another Lush wonder!
I got this yesterday as an alternative to Tattoo Goo, as I just received a new, large tattoo on Tuesday. I'd heard that this was a great vegan alternative (not to mention all-natural, which Tattoo Goo no longer is), so I figured I'd give it a go.
So far, it's keeping my healing tattoo feeling very comfortable and doesn't leave behind a tacky film. Just a silky sheen, which is what one should want during the healing process.
I also went ahead and used it on my lips right before bed and HOOBOY were they soft this morning!
I like that you don't have to use much at all to get lasting results. It is pricey, yes, but reapplication isn't necessary every hour, so the tin should last quite a while.
It is quite melty, but I keep it upright in my bag as much as I can to avoid any spilling over and it's worked thus far. They should make the container a bit more well sealed, though, since I am wary of it greasing up the inside of my bag should I misstep. Maybe I'll repot into a small hermetic jar or something.
I've got a sample of Dream Cream, which is supposed to be a good follow-up to Ultrabalm after the tattoo is well into the healing process. I hope it's as good as everyone says in terms of helping to keep tattoos vibrant, but I'll keep Ultrabalm around for my lips and cuticles, or for whenever any of my healed tattoos need sprucing up.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I cannot use a lot of products on my lips due to allergies but this really helps my lips which are very dry and cracked. You only need a very small amount and it glides on easily.
It does have a grainy texture many will find a put-off, but because of the benefits of its 3 all natural ingredients i'm willing to over look this. I do recommend using a mirror when applying as it can leave little white grains on your lips though.

A great all rounder and definitely a good alternative to vaseline.

NB: Its worth asking for a small sample before trying as it is expensive.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have a little tin of this. you can no longer get the little tins :( I mainly use this on my lips but have used it on hands and other dry bits. I will be getting a big tin.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is an AMAZING all-round balm!!! I have super sensitive and dry skin and i must have gone thru nearly every cream there is out there! And Lush products are probably 1 of 3 ranges that dont make my skin sting when its flared up. Ultrabalm is SO universal. It makes a great rich night serum of sorts or to use on ANY dry patches. Not tried it as a make up remover yet. It is quite greasy but not heavy at all and leaves the skin feeling soft and nourished! Its probably abit greasy to wear under make up but if its left to sink in long enough it'd be fine. I carry this around with me everywhere and am on my 5th pot this year. And with only 3 completely natural ingredients its excellent for sensitive skin! Packaging is minimalistic which is perfect. I'd totally recommend it!

I've sensitive skin and had allergic reactions to some of the hyped eye make-up removers previously. So I was looking for a make up remover with natural ingredients. I've used Dermalogica's Precleanse before and I love it. It removed every bit of make up without irritating my eyes. But it's oh so expensive. Ultrabalm is a beautiful, cheaper alternative for Precleanse. It's multi-purpose too, I've been using it for my cuticles as well. Just two tiny downsides:

- It's a little too greasy and hard to remove even with warm water, I'm not a great fan of the sticky feel that it leaves. So I use it before going to bed and that makes it okay because it moisturizes my eyes and that oily feeling is gone in the morning; I wake up with soft eyelids, ready for make up. If I sin and sleep without removing my make up and use UltraBalm in the morning, it takes quite a bit of effort to remove that sticky feel before applying make-up again.

- Its consistency during summer makes you use more product than you would normally do because it gets too creamy. I left it in a room with A/C and it solved it for me. After reading the reviews, I'll now try keeping it in the fridge.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love this stuff! I bought it as a cheap alternative to my tin of Antipodes Skin Saviour, and although the Ultrabalm isn't as luxurious (and doesn't smell as nice) as the Antipodes stuff, it's a quarter of the price, so I'm happy.

It's winter here, so I'm finding it hard to get out of the tin, but that's to be expected when it has Jojoba oil in it. Jojoba's actually a wax, so it has that slightly grainy feel to it, and doesn't spread in the way an oil would, but it just means lots of little applications, instead of one big one.

So far I've used it as a night cream, eye cream, lip balm, cuticle conditioner, spot moisturiser (for keratosis, eczema and dry knees) and tattoo care cream. It hasn't failed me yet!

Also, the tin is great, really easy to open, but doesn't come apart in my bag.

If you're reading this though, Ultrabalm ISN'T a lip treatment... it's in the wrong category. It's an all-round skin balm.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Doesn't really moisturise my lips at all and has a thick, grainy, lumpy texture. Definitely will not repurchase.
UPDATE: I used this in addition to sweet almond oil to cleanse on a whim. Whilst I'm not mad on the texture, it does make a nice nourishing addition to my oil cleansing routine when my skin feels dry.

Popular Lip Treatments