LUSH Ultrabalm

Filtered by hair type : Straight

4.8

Organic Cold-Pressed Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis), Candelilla Wax (Euphorbia cerifera), Rose Wax (Rosa damascena) *Occurs naturally in essential oils

Far be it for me to ruin the perfect score this product has here, because you guys -- Ultrabalm is AMAZING. At first I thought it was an overhyped, useless product, basically a natural version of Vaseline, am I right? But then. But then! I bit the bullet and bought it for 7.50 GBP in LUSH Edinburgh, among the raving of various SAs who were helping me pick out products. The consistency is wonderful; if you leave it somewhere warm it turns into an almost creamy paste, and if you keep it at room temperature, it is just a wee bit harder. The smell is very fresh and neutral, a slightly herbal, bland smell -- how exciting can jojoba, candelilla, and rose get? Since buying a pot of this I've used it for everything. Lips dried out from overzealous lipgloss application? Ultrabalm. Heels looking a mess due to wearing flipflops all summer? Ultrabalm. No eye makeup remover because I flew into Chicago without luggage, and had to fit everything into a quart-sized bag? Ultrabalm. Hand cream gone missing under the couch and cuticles begging for help? Ultrabalm. Mosquito bites that I wasn't prepared for? Ultrabalm. Something to help enhance the scent of my summer fragrance (Marc Jacob Daisy)? Ultrabalm.

This isn't an exaggeration. I seriously cannot think of a day I haven't used this product somewhere. Go out and buy it and prepare to be amazed. "Multipurpose" product, without a doubt. Total and complete love from this reviewer.

I really like this product. It's so simple, but it works well. It heals up my chronically chapped lips like nothing else, and is pretty much the only thing that keeps my cuticles in shape. It's made of jojoba oil and two types of wax; for some reason straight jojoba oil doesn't do much for me, but this stuff works wonderfully. It sinks right in and leaves my skin soft, not greasy.

The smell isn't good (smells like wax), but it's not a big issue for an effective product. I bought the sample tin of this for $2 and it's great for keeping in my purse as a lip balm; I'll definitely be going back for the full size.

I primarily use this as a lip balm, it is absolutely wonderful for that. I have also used it on my nails/cuticles, to condition my lashes at night, and on any dry patches I might have on my hands, elbows, etc. No, the smell isn't the best but I'm very pleased that there is no added fragrance. I have a mini tin for my purse and a full sized one at home. I won't be without this!

Edit: I just got over a cold and was dealing with the dry, flakey nose of doom that develops from blowing one's nose a million times. This helps TREMENDOUSLY with that and I'm sure had I actually used it when I was blowing my nose the most I wouldn't have had such sore, dry skin on/around my nose.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I use this great little balm on my heels, elbows, knees, little dry patches, even on my sons eczema! Lovely natural product, great alternative to vaseline for ultra sensitive skin!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

I'm one of those girls who are almost OCD about skin care. Regardless where I am or what time I get home, I can't go to bed without removing my makeup and doing the whole skincare routine. As a result of my consistency, I've always had nice, clear skin that would look great with just some tinted moisturiser. However recently I started seeing a new guy and as I started staying over at his, I find myself sleeping with my makeup on simply because there is nothing at his house I can use to remove makeup/do my skincare routine and I really cant be bothered to bring my array of products to his. After a couple of weeks I could tell that my skin is paying for it, hard! I started to get pimples and little bumps and the texture of my skin got horrible and that's when I discovered ultrabalm. it comes in a convenient little tin that I can easily take with me and it has so many functions! It's great for removing my waterproof eye makeup, treating dry patches on the face, smoothing under the eyes, moisturising lips and I even rub it into the ends of my hair as a replacement for my hair oil. I know some people might say that you can do the same thing with Vaseline which is way cheaper however I think the texture of this product (it's way creamier and less gloopy than vaseline) makes it much easier to remove makeup. plus i would never ever put vaseline onto the ends of my hair. I'm a big fan of this product and will probably keep purchasing. It's one of the cheapest items you can get at LUSH although I'm not so sure as how long this tin is gonna last me as i find myself reaching for it a lot.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is my holy grail lip product! Yes this stuff is truly amazing for chapped lips and as a prep for lipstick. I use this every night and when I wake up in the morning my lips feel baby soft. Especially if I use Fresh Sugar Lip Polish before I use it. I don't really use this product for much else except my lips, but it has helped me when I was in a pinch and needed some cuticle moisture. The smell of the product is almost woody, but it doesn't linger. There is a slight grainy texture in addition to the slippery, emollient feel which I'm willing to overlook because of the benefits. I think tub will last me a long time since I really only use it for my lips. I really like the fact that it's composed of natural ingredients and I can't complain about the packaging. I'd suggest taking advantage of the fact that Lush offers samples and pick some of this up!

Basically a natural petroleum jelly. As a tween I toted Vaseline with me everywhere as my lip balm, and now I use the Ultrabalm. It's a bit expensive for me, but you do get a fair bit of product for it, so the $13 is worth it to me. The lady at the LUSH store sold me on it when I was in for a lip scrub and I'm obsessed with it - I have super dry skin and I use this everywhere I'm extra dry, particularly around my mouth and nose. It doesn't really have much of a smell that I can detect. What I love about it is that it feels just like Vaseline, only it actually soaks into your skin instead of resting on top forever, but it keeps you moisturized just as well. I've also been using it on my feet, on patches of what look like psoriasis on my hands, and as a lip balm - it makes my hands feel soothed and protected and my feet are much less dry. I've put it on my tattoos while they heal and on burns, basically been using it in any way I'd use Vaseline and it does the trick. I'm a huge sucker for multi-purpose products and I'm basically obsessed with this balm!

This is actually the best product I have ever used on my lips. Felt great and my lips were in perfect condition all the time, and if my lips got chapped it would heal them quicker than anything else. Great to use to moisturize your lips if they get dry from wearing lipstick easily. In the winter, I also sometimes get dry skin between my thumb and first finger that not much seems to help, but putting a little of this there does. All around rules without feeling gross like vaseline.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Love ultrabalm! It is a decent amount for the price you pay, so I think it's worth the price. It is similar to pawpaw cream. It has so many uses too. I put it on my lips, any cuts/rashes/chafing and it even calms eczema. Will most definitely be buying this again!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Neutral

I actually use this as a daytime under-eye moisturizer under my makeup as well as a natural lip balm. Moisturizing the skin around my eyes was never a concern of mine because I've always had extremely oily skin so I thought my eyes were moisturized enough from the oil. It wasn't until I took a selfie in the daytime to record the results of a lash lengthening trick I learned that I would realize how much moisture my eyes actually needed, oily skin or not. It required me looking up. When I looked at the photo I realized that my under eyes looked horribly dry and the concealer and setting powder that sat over it looked cakey. I decided to try ways to pack a punch of moisture to my eyes and I came across Lush Ultrabalm. I apply it under my eyes before I put on my face moisturizer and my lines, bags and dry patches seem to disappear under my makeup and now they look more youthful. I also decided to use this as a lip balm when I found out that most lip balms contain salt and other drying agents so that your lips will dry out when you're not using lip balm, tricking you into thinking you need their product and constantly re-applying. Constant re-application uses up the product faster, requiring one to go buy more. I decided to go all natural and cut salt out of my lips balms. My lips are smooth as paper and even if I go a day without applying anything, they're never dry or feel the need for moisture.

Top Rated Lip Treatments