LUSH Ultrabalm

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive

4.4

Organic Cold-Pressed Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis), Candelilla Wax (Euphorbia cerifera), Rose Wax (Rosa damascena) *Occurs naturally in essential oils

This is a new product that LUSH released.

It's like Vaseline without the petroleum. AWESOME for removing makeup. Great moisturizer for my lips. I love how it smells too. It's not over the top sweet. Just a hint of sweetness.

Just look at the ingredients. It wouldn't clog pores and great for my sensitive skin too because I could put this anywhere on my body that feels dry.

I would recommend this product for sure.

I bought mine for $12.95 CAD before taxes.

And you can bring 5 black pots and get a fresh face mask free! :D YAY!!

Ingredients: Jojoba Seed Oil, Candeilia Wax, Rosa Damascena Flower Wax.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I got this in a gift bag from a friend familiar with my beeswax allergy. It's difficult to find a good lip balm that doesn't include beeswax. Let me say that I want to marry Ultrabalm and make little supple, hydrated babies. From the first application, I knew that this was a winner. It moisturizes without making me feel greasy. I use it on my lips regularly, sometimes on my crusty hands and slathered on my face to walk the dog during a bitterly cold snap that we had in my area. As much as I (over) use this, I have yet to see an end to my now beloved Ultrabalm. When it does finish, I'm gonna cry and then rush out to buy another.

This balm is fantastic and extremely pure as it only has three ingredients. It softens lips and banishes any dry patches. I normally use 8 hr cream but this does the job just as well and I love the fact that it has natural ingredients.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Doesn't really moisturise my lips at all and has a thick, grainy, lumpy texture. Definitely will not repurchase.
UPDATE: I used this in addition to sweet almond oil to cleanse on a whim. Whilst I'm not mad on the texture, it does make a nice nourishing addition to my oil cleansing routine when my skin feels dry.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love this stuff! I bought it as a cheap alternative to my tin of Antipodes Skin Saviour, and although the Ultrabalm isn't as luxurious (and doesn't smell as nice) as the Antipodes stuff, it's a quarter of the price, so I'm happy.

It's winter here, so I'm finding it hard to get out of the tin, but that's to be expected when it has Jojoba oil in it. Jojoba's actually a wax, so it has that slightly grainy feel to it, and doesn't spread in the way an oil would, but it just means lots of little applications, instead of one big one.

So far I've used it as a night cream, eye cream, lip balm, cuticle conditioner, spot moisturiser (for keratosis, eczema and dry knees) and tattoo care cream. It hasn't failed me yet!

Also, the tin is great, really easy to open, but doesn't come apart in my bag.

If you're reading this though, Ultrabalm ISN'T a lip treatment... it's in the wrong category. It's an all-round skin balm.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is an AMAZING all-round balm!!! I have super sensitive and dry skin and i must have gone thru nearly every cream there is out there! And Lush products are probably 1 of 3 ranges that dont make my skin sting when its flared up. Ultrabalm is SO universal. It makes a great rich night serum of sorts or to use on ANY dry patches. Not tried it as a make up remover yet. It is quite greasy but not heavy at all and leaves the skin feeling soft and nourished! Its probably abit greasy to wear under make up but if its left to sink in long enough it'd be fine. I carry this around with me everywhere and am on my 5th pot this year. And with only 3 completely natural ingredients its excellent for sensitive skin! Packaging is minimalistic which is perfect. I'd totally recommend it!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

Ultrabalm is THE perfect all-natural substitute for Vaseline & petroleum jelly products - think I've found a keeper here! I prefer to keep my skincare products natural and was recommended Ultrabalm by Lush staff for dry lips and patches of dry skin on my arms from a combination of winter weather and mild eczema since my skin was in such a bad place at the time.
At 8.25 for a small 45g tin it does seem on the pricey side, although as you only need a tiny amount it lasts for ages - I'm barely halfway through my first tin I bought a year ago. It has a pleasant 'woody' smell similar to Lush's Ultrabland cleanser - if you're not a fan of the smell don't worry, it doesn't linger as much. I was pleased to see the formula is kept simple and natural with no chemical nastiness - just organic jojoba oil, rose wax and candelilla wax.
There are literally hundreds of uses for this product - I use it as an emergency overnight lip treatment and wake up with baby-soft lips, as well as on my dry knuckles and heels in winter during the day when I don't want to apply greasy hand cream or foot cream all over. My skin always turns out super-soft and lovely afterwards. Even my boyfriend uses it to relieve sore dry skin on his hands and elbows caused by irritant chemicals after working on cars all day. It can be used just like Vaseline but without the worry of putting chemicals on your skin - ideal for removing makeup, using when dyeing hair to prevent stained skin, tattoo balm, you name it.
The only negatives: it feels slightly gritty, again like Ultrabland cleanser, which is why I only use it on my lips occasionally. Also it can be messy to keep sticking your fingers in the tin so it would be great if they did a compact tin for hygiene.
I really do recommend this to anyone with dry skin patches or who wants a natural alternative to Vaseline - this product is seriously amazing and 100% worth the purchase!

I've used this for everything. Diaper cream. Lip balm. Hand cream. Lotion. And it's never disappointed

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Great alternative to Vaseline! I have eczema and had become a little OCD about keeping moisturised/balmed up but hated using Vaseline, UltraBalm is 3 natural products which I love. On my 3rd tin.

Top Rated Lip Treatments