LUSH Ultrabalm

Filtered by skin type : Normal

4.1

Organic Cold-Pressed Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis), Candelilla Wax (Euphorbia cerifera), Rose Wax (Rosa damascena) *Occurs naturally in essential oils

This is the best product that has come around in a LONG time. I am currently on Accutane and my lips and face have been severely dry for the past few months. I especially had a horrible split/crack on a corner of my mouth that was not healing. Usually Aquaphor is my HG-but nothing was working.

Luckily I wandered into Lush and the amazing SA gave me a sample to help with the split on the side of my mouth. It took only one day/night of applying Ultrabalm to heal it. AMAZING!!!! It feels wonderful, doesn't have a strong fragrance, and most importantly heals! For the price and the size of the large tin, you are getting a lot for you money!! Go out and get this!!

Ultrabalm is a must for any balm or salve fans! It's got a very slight herbal scent/taste, but it's uber-subtle. This balm is excellent for chapped lips and cuticles, minor lacerations/scrapes, and dry patches of skin. The only two downsides are easy for me to work around: you've got to dip your fingers in the pot and the tin dents easily. Otherwise, this product is 100% perfection.

Overall, this is a really good multi-purpose product. It really does soothe and moisturize like the description says it does. Comparing this to the Egyptian Magic Cream, it's got a grittier texture, which I like, because it exfoliates my lips better. I also like how it comes in a smaller size (1.4 oz.), whereas I could only find the Egyptian Magic Cream available in a 4 oz. plastic jar. The only thing that I active dislike about this product is the smell. I tend to like my products either unscented or sweet-smelling (think of scents such as lavender, coconut, vanilla, or rose). Well, it does contain roses in it, rose wax (Damascena), that is, but the smell is more. . .spicy? In an icky sort of way. I don't know. Most people I know say that the scent of the balm is either pretty unoffensive or that they don't smell like anything at all. Maybe I'm just crazy. Anyways, if you're looking for an organic/natural alternative to a regular balm such as Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream, then the Lush Ultrabalm would be worth checking out.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Great product, Lush! I tried a sample of this at the Providence Lush store, then purchased a not-so-great jar of it at a NYC Lush. Dismayed, I didn't let it get me down. When I got back to CA I got a jar at the Anaheim store, and it was SO much better! This stuff is great for lips, keeping stray eyebrow hairs in place (one of my favorite uses for it), cuticles, dry spots wherever, etc. It's pretty all-purpose, and way better than vaseline (for you & the environment). Smell is sort of a hint of rose, but mostly unscented. :)

I've been on the hunt for a lip balm that is petroleum free and one that is more natural. This is due to the fact that with chronic and frequent use, we all tend to ingest lip balm/lipsticks regularly.

This is now HG for me. I've only used it on my lips but it sure could do well on cuticles and dry skin. My old standby lipbalm was Kiehl's #5. However, I would always wake up with SUPER dry lips in the AM and dry lips all day. Now, I apply this just before bed and my lips are still soft in the morning. I only use this when at home as it doesn't have any SPF in it.

It is also one of the more natural balms with only three ingredients: organic jojoba oil, candelilla wax and rose wax. Plus - no parabens! (If you don't like musky flavors though, this isn't for you. You can definitely taste the rose factor.)

Due to it's extremely soft texture, it comes in a tin. I usually prefer to have lip balms in a stick form so that I don't have to dip fingers into an increasingly contaminated pot. Given how awesome this balm is, I'll get over it. Depotting into smaller pots makes this more travel/purse friendly.

I've been using this every day since I got it and also bought one for my mum (she loves it too). So far I've only used it as a lip balm but can definitely see myself using it for other things if the need arises. I've always had very dry lips and they get really bad especially with changing seasons. This and Lush's lip scrubs have been the best thing thats ever happened to my lips. I love that this balm only has a few ingredients and actually sinks into my lips instead of just sitting on top of them and it feels like it really is moisturising. You also get soooo much product for only 7.90!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I've been using it mainly on my lips.
While it is a good lip balm not greasy and not matte, I found that I had to re-apply constantly to make my lips stay moisturised. And I DON"T have DRY lips.
This is not too expensive compared to other LUSH products, but I do
feel that there are heaps of other products(from other brands) that work just the same or even better.
Probably will not purchase again.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff has an awful scent. Currently using it as a lip balm for when i'm at home...Cant get over the scent, so I think I'll be tossing it out.

This is a great product to have on hand! Think Vaseline but better! A great night time cream as well for those days when you don't know what to do with your skin. It doesn't smell like much but if you are more results driven check this out! a little goes a long way.

Top Rated Lip Treatments