LUSH Ultrabalm

Filtered by skin type : Other

3.0

Organic Cold-Pressed Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis), Candelilla Wax (Euphorbia cerifera), Rose Wax (Rosa damascena) *Occurs naturally in essential oils

I really like this product, but I don't use it on my lips - I prefer a waxier lipbalm (Honeytrap!), and this is not waxy, it's just greasy. That said, I love using it around my eyes at night and on any dry patches on my face. I also like it for my cuticles, though it's a bit greasy. So, basically, I use it alone on my eyes or to "seal in" any product that I've already applied to my eyes. I find it completely non-irritating and one tub is going to last a while! One cautionary note - this stuff does become melty/greasy in hot weather, so be aware of that. I haven't tried putting it in the fridge, though this summer I may resort to that. Also, it's quite greasy once applied, so, for me anyway, this is a nighttime-only product. There is no discernible smell, but it doesn't really smell good. But the smell (which is faint) is not enough to keep me from using it. Also, it is great for traveling, since it can be used all over the body and is, I find, quite soothing to irritated skin.

Another total letdown from lush. I was hoping this would be a great multi use product. I had bought it with the intention on using on fresh tattoos in place of a petroleum-based balm like a&d or aquaphor, since petroleum can block the pores. I also thought its be good for cuticles and lips, maybe even stretched earlobes. Well...the smell of this was straight up horrid. One sniff and I swear I literally puked in my mouth a bit. It smells rotten, rancid, and very strongly chemical-y (why when it only has like 2 or 3 ingredients and is natural? And No I didn't get an expired one or anything like that). I could just not stand the smell so could not use the product. Also when I received it the outside of the container had the melted oil all over it and got all over all my other items in my order (no it wasn't warm out causing it to melt, it was like 10 degrees Fahrenheit outside lol). Big disappointment. If it didn't smell or they fix the smell I'd retry, maybe..

A rich slick of something oily when I want it, and no real fuss. Need to use it up quickly as like most Lush it doesn't have much in the way of preservatives.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I walked into Lush just to look around and browse but not purchase anything as I was just starting to re-furbish my skin care regime. The sales lady talked me into buying this and while I'm not entirely hating it, I don't particularly like it either. Apparently they use this as the base for their lip colour line so I've been using it as a lip balm. It has made the clogged pores around my lips disappear because it's completely non-comedogenic, unlike most natural lip chaps that have coconut oil in them. It's a little too oily for my liking for other body parts, even my lips it doesn't seem to really nourish enough. The oiliness is actually a little irritating. It doesn't smell so great. My boyfriend agrees that isn't the nicest thing in the world. One bonus is that it lasts forever because you don't need much. It's ok, but I'd prefer to look for something better and more nourishing. I won't repurchase.

Best beard product, I've tried many oils, balms this stuff is amazing

Popular Lip Treatments