LUSH Ultrabalm

4.3

Organic Cold-Pressed Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis), Candelilla Wax (Euphorbia cerifera), Rose Wax (Rosa damascena) *Occurs naturally in essential oils

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff has an awful scent. Currently using it as a lip balm for when i'm at home...Cant get over the scent, so I think I'll be tossing it out.

Another total letdown from lush. I was hoping this would be a great multi use product. I had bought it with the intention on using on fresh tattoos in place of a petroleum-based balm like a&d or aquaphor, since petroleum can block the pores. I also thought its be good for cuticles and lips, maybe even stretched earlobes. Well...the smell of this was straight up horrid. One sniff and I swear I literally puked in my mouth a bit. It smells rotten, rancid, and very strongly chemical-y (why when it only has like 2 or 3 ingredients and is natural? And No I didn't get an expired one or anything like that). I could just not stand the smell so could not use the product. Also when I received it the outside of the container had the melted oil all over it and got all over all my other items in my order (no it wasn't warm out causing it to melt, it was like 10 degrees Fahrenheit outside lol). Big disappointment. If it didn't smell or they fix the smell I'd retry, maybe..

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This product is essentially a combination of Jojoba oil, Candelilla Wax, and Rose Wax. I liked it alot when I first purchased it, enough to use up an entire tin and repurchase. However, I do not think I will be repurchasing for a second time.

I originally liked it as a multi-purpose moisturizer for body and face. I liked how it was all natural, it sinks right in, and gives light sustained moisture. I also liked how I could use it all over and anywhere that needed moisture.

However, the longer I used this product, the more I grew to dislike it. I feel as though the moisture this product gives is not enough (and I have combination - normal skin). Yes, it does sink in, but my skin still feels dehydrated when I use this long term. Secondly, I can no longer use this product on my face. When I apply it near my eyes overnight, I wake up with puffy eyes. When I apply this on my nose overnight, I wake up with black junk in my pores. And when I apply this on my cheeks, I eventually get scattered clogs.

Ultrabalm, I thought you were HG. But now I know, you were not meant to be :(

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I walked into Lush just to look around and browse but not purchase anything as I was just starting to re-furbish my skin care regime. The sales lady talked me into buying this and while I'm not entirely hating it, I don't particularly like it either. Apparently they use this as the base for their lip colour line so I've been using it as a lip balm. It has made the clogged pores around my lips disappear because it's completely non-comedogenic, unlike most natural lip chaps that have coconut oil in them. It's a little too oily for my liking for other body parts, even my lips it doesn't seem to really nourish enough. The oiliness is actually a little irritating. It doesn't smell so great. My boyfriend agrees that isn't the nicest thing in the world. One bonus is that it lasts forever because you don't need much. It's ok, but I'd prefer to look for something better and more nourishing. I won't repurchase.

I love the other LUSH Balms and had to try this one after reading all of the good reviews. It is really really gritty so I can't get over that when I use it on my lips. I'm thinking that because LUSH products are homemade and no one else has complained similarly this might be just a bad jar, but I'll try to finish it and maybe give it another shot.

OMG. I just bought this yesterday and its absolutely amazing. It's like vaseline but the consistency is unbelievable and the smell is so light and sweet. I was about to buy the chocolate lip balm when the rep told me this would be a better value since you get way more for the price. I normally don't fall for that kind of stuff but I'm sooo happy I did!! I can't stop putting this on my lips and it just makes them look so moisturized and luscious! It was definitely worth the $12.95 CAN.
EDIT: Actually really dislike this. Definitely not meant for lips. I think I just loved this because I was in a LUSH phase. The smell and taste are gross - its literally like vaseline. I dont know what I'm going to do with it now...probably give it to my boyfriend for his elbows or something...

It's pretty good as a lip balm but didn't work at all on dry patches. It does help a little with the redness and inflammation of my eczema so that's good, but overall I have to say it's not really special compared to Vaseline. It costs quite a bit more too so I won't be repurchasing. It doesn't smell too good either - kinda bitter, sour and musty - but I don't really care about scents so I find it tolerable. If you're more particular about that I'd say smell it in store first, but if you're using it as a lip balm, rest assured it doesn't actually taste bad. It smells unpleasant but tastes like nothing.

WEIRD SCENT! TAKES A LOT OF GETTING USED TO. It has a musty, sour sort of scent, like dried leaves.

The consistency melts really easily and it's super moisturising, but as a lip balm, the scent is so close to your nose and smells so strong. I don't really think about it too much, but it's definitely going to be overwhelming for some.

Make sure you smell it before you buy.

The price is inexpensive, considering how long it lasts.
Ensure that the lid is really tightly screwed on, as it melts and turns into liquid and leaks everywhere.

It is a vegan, safe, but expensive alternative to Vaseline (natural petroleum jelly). That is really all there is to it. I have to admit that it does moisturize your lips very well, even on windy and cold days, but initially has a "grainy" feel to it when you smack your lips together. This feeling goes away if you warm up the product with your hands first, or keep on rubbing your lips together (so I guess the grains are due to the ingredients setting).

I do like this balm but it feels grainy, and whenever I apply on my lips (and anywhere else) I can feel the texture of the little grains. When I rub/warm the product up they dissolve, but it's not convenient to do that whenever I want to use it.. I wonder if I just got a bad one. But I can't fully enjoy it and it's not exactly cheap either. A bit disappointing.

Top Rated Lip Treatments