LUSH Ultrabalm

Filtered by skin tone : Olive

4.3

Organic Cold-Pressed Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis), Candelilla Wax (Euphorbia cerifera), Rose Wax (Rosa damascena) *Occurs naturally in essential oils

Holy Grail Item. Hands down.

I used this to heal my tattoo - it healed in just over a week!! It greatly minimises any itching and scabbing with regular application. The texture can be a little grainy but it gets better as you work your way down the tin. I'm allergic to a lot of products with preservatives, like Bepanthan (used to heal tattoos) and even subway sauces. This is all natural so you know it's great stuff! After my tattoo heals I will repurchase this for use as an overall body moisturiser (great for those irritating dry patches you get during winter that decide to manifest on your face), improv makeup remover, lip balm and way to combat skin irritation I get from allergies. For such a multipurpose product, it's so worth the price.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Neutral

I actually use this as a daytime under-eye moisturizer under my makeup as well as a natural lip balm. Moisturizing the skin around my eyes was never a concern of mine because I've always had extremely oily skin so I thought my eyes were moisturized enough from the oil. It wasn't until I took a selfie in the daytime to record the results of a lash lengthening trick I learned that I would realize how much moisture my eyes actually needed, oily skin or not. It required me looking up. When I looked at the photo I realized that my under eyes looked horribly dry and the concealer and setting powder that sat over it looked cakey. I decided to try ways to pack a punch of moisture to my eyes and I came across Lush Ultrabalm. I apply it under my eyes before I put on my face moisturizer and my lines, bags and dry patches seem to disappear under my makeup and now they look more youthful. I also decided to use this as a lip balm when I found out that most lip balms contain salt and other drying agents so that your lips will dry out when you're not using lip balm, tricking you into thinking you need their product and constantly re-applying. Constant re-application uses up the product faster, requiring one to go buy more. I decided to go all natural and cut salt out of my lips balms. My lips are smooth as paper and even if I go a day without applying anything, they're never dry or feel the need for moisture.

WEIRD SCENT! TAKES A LOT OF GETTING USED TO. It has a musty, sour sort of scent, like dried leaves.

The consistency melts really easily and it's super moisturising, but as a lip balm, the scent is so close to your nose and smells so strong. I don't really think about it too much, but it's definitely going to be overwhelming for some.

Make sure you smell it before you buy.

The price is inexpensive, considering how long it lasts.
Ensure that the lid is really tightly screwed on, as it melts and turns into liquid and leaks everywhere.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

Ultrabalm, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways!

I use it for:
- Lip balm!
- Ultra-moisturizing dry spots around my nose in the winter. I went from chapped beyond repair to luscious and silky in a few days.
- Chafing in the summertime. LITERALLY reconditions skin so it's not even necessary to use it often.
- Making scents last.
- Moisturizing my very dry knees, elbows, and heels.

I looooove Ultrabalm, will never be without it in my house again. I lost my tin in my apartment once and went out the very next day to purchase more. It is a steal for how little is required.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Great alternative to Vaseline! I have eczema and had become a little OCD about keeping moisturised/balmed up but hated using Vaseline, UltraBalm is 3 natural products which I love. On my 3rd tin.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I cannot use a lot of products on my lips due to allergies but this really helps my lips which are very dry and cracked. You only need a very small amount and it glides on easily.
It does have a grainy texture many will find a put-off, but because of the benefits of its 3 all natural ingredients i'm willing to over look this. I do recommend using a mirror when applying as it can leave little white grains on your lips though.

A great all rounder and definitely a good alternative to vaseline.

NB: Its worth asking for a small sample before trying as it is expensive.

Popular Lip Treatments