LUSH Ultrabalm

4.3

Organic Cold-Pressed Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis), Candelilla Wax (Euphorbia cerifera), Rose Wax (Rosa damascena) *Occurs naturally in essential oils

Far be it for me to ruin the perfect score this product has here, because you guys -- Ultrabalm is AMAZING. At first I thought it was an overhyped, useless product, basically a natural version of Vaseline, am I right? But then. But then! I bit the bullet and bought it for 7.50 GBP in LUSH Edinburgh, among the raving of various SAs who were helping me pick out products. The consistency is wonderful; if you leave it somewhere warm it turns into an almost creamy paste, and if you keep it at room temperature, it is just a wee bit harder. The smell is very fresh and neutral, a slightly herbal, bland smell -- how exciting can jojoba, candelilla, and rose get? Since buying a pot of this I've used it for everything. Lips dried out from overzealous lipgloss application? Ultrabalm. Heels looking a mess due to wearing flipflops all summer? Ultrabalm. No eye makeup remover because I flew into Chicago without luggage, and had to fit everything into a quart-sized bag? Ultrabalm. Hand cream gone missing under the couch and cuticles begging for help? Ultrabalm. Mosquito bites that I wasn't prepared for? Ultrabalm. Something to help enhance the scent of my summer fragrance (Marc Jacob Daisy)? Ultrabalm.

This isn't an exaggeration. I seriously cannot think of a day I haven't used this product somewhere. Go out and buy it and prepare to be amazed. "Multipurpose" product, without a doubt. Total and complete love from this reviewer.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I got this in a gift bag from a friend familiar with my beeswax allergy. It's difficult to find a good lip balm that doesn't include beeswax. Let me say that I want to marry Ultrabalm and make little supple, hydrated babies. From the first application, I knew that this was a winner. It moisturizes without making me feel greasy. I use it on my lips regularly, sometimes on my crusty hands and slathered on my face to walk the dog during a bitterly cold snap that we had in my area. As much as I (over) use this, I have yet to see an end to my now beloved Ultrabalm. When it does finish, I'm gonna cry and then rush out to buy another.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

I'm one of those girls who are almost OCD about skin care. Regardless where I am or what time I get home, I can't go to bed without removing my makeup and doing the whole skincare routine. As a result of my consistency, I've always had nice, clear skin that would look great with just some tinted moisturiser. However recently I started seeing a new guy and as I started staying over at his, I find myself sleeping with my makeup on simply because there is nothing at his house I can use to remove makeup/do my skincare routine and I really cant be bothered to bring my array of products to his. After a couple of weeks I could tell that my skin is paying for it, hard! I started to get pimples and little bumps and the texture of my skin got horrible and that's when I discovered ultrabalm. it comes in a convenient little tin that I can easily take with me and it has so many functions! It's great for removing my waterproof eye makeup, treating dry patches on the face, smoothing under the eyes, moisturising lips and I even rub it into the ends of my hair as a replacement for my hair oil. I know some people might say that you can do the same thing with Vaseline which is way cheaper however I think the texture of this product (it's way creamier and less gloopy than vaseline) makes it much easier to remove makeup. plus i would never ever put vaseline onto the ends of my hair. I'm a big fan of this product and will probably keep purchasing. It's one of the cheapest items you can get at LUSH although I'm not so sure as how long this tin is gonna last me as i find myself reaching for it a lot.

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

I WISH I bought this earlier!! I was never planning to get this but walked into my local LUSH and was curious because I realised this is the one of the cheapest things in the store and yet all the SAs were raving on about it. And it's only now I get it! Ultrabalm is my new MUST-HAVE item! It's going in my uni/party/travel/carry on bag.

This is great on lips (non sticky and great to keep/enhance lip colour/stains), great on elbows and knees(my poor elbows are so much happier and softer!), the odd winter dry bits, great for making stubborn bits of hair obey (even eyebrows!), great for sun/wind burn, insect bites, AWESOME on cuticles, and TERRIFIC for TATTOOS!

EVEN STILL! 45 grams is a generous amount of balm so I'm insure how much I can possibly use this before this expires in 14 months even with all those uses! Nevertheless, my body already thanks me for it. And for $AUD7.95 ... this is a STEAL.

If you were hesitant like me, ask yourself whether you could use just the ONE THING you could whip out of your bag for just about any dry/itchy/sore bit on your body or unruly hair and makes a decision. Or even try how you like it in store? (I chose not to try it because I have a thing about everyones hands being in them :P)

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I don't really use Ultrabalm for my lips but it works so wonderfully for other purposes.
It's great for moisturising really dry, flaky skin. I get patches of these on my ankles & nothing else has come close to softening them. Ultrabalm made a noticeable difference after just one use.
I use it in place of Vaseline around my hairline whilst dyeing my hair. I always found Vaseline too thick & sticky. My hair seemed magnetically drawn to it & would get stuck. Ultrabalm is thinner in texture but works as well as Vaseline for this purpose. Any dye that's dripped wipes right off, no staining at all. As an added bonus, you're left with incredibly soft skin.
Incredibly handy to keep around when you have a cold. No matter what kind of tissues I use, if I get a bad cold I always get a very sore, red nose that turns dry & flaky. Most moisturisers either can't cope with the dryness or they really sting my irritated skin. A thickish layer of Ultrabalm not only stops my nose from getting to the dry stage but it seems to take most of the redness out & absolutely no stinging or burning at all.
The packaging is great. Yes, it's in a tin which isn't always sanitary but it's a good, solid tin. You won't find random bits of stuff that collect at the bottom of your bag stuck inside the balm. It's also very easy to open, unlike some other products that come in tins.
Great multi-use product that I'll continue to repurchase over & over.

Basically a natural petroleum jelly. As a tween I toted Vaseline with me everywhere as my lip balm, and now I use the Ultrabalm. It's a bit expensive for me, but you do get a fair bit of product for it, so the $13 is worth it to me. The lady at the LUSH store sold me on it when I was in for a lip scrub and I'm obsessed with it - I have super dry skin and I use this everywhere I'm extra dry, particularly around my mouth and nose. It doesn't really have much of a smell that I can detect. What I love about it is that it feels just like Vaseline, only it actually soaks into your skin instead of resting on top forever, but it keeps you moisturized just as well. I've also been using it on my feet, on patches of what look like psoriasis on my hands, and as a lip balm - it makes my hands feel soothed and protected and my feet are much less dry. I've put it on my tattoos while they heal and on burns, basically been using it in any way I'd use Vaseline and it does the trick. I'm a huge sucker for multi-purpose products and I'm basically obsessed with this balm!

I've been on the hunt for a lip balm that is petroleum free and one that is more natural. This is due to the fact that with chronic and frequent use, we all tend to ingest lip balm/lipsticks regularly.

This is now HG for me. I've only used it on my lips but it sure could do well on cuticles and dry skin. My old standby lipbalm was Kiehl's #5. However, I would always wake up with SUPER dry lips in the AM and dry lips all day. Now, I apply this just before bed and my lips are still soft in the morning. I only use this when at home as it doesn't have any SPF in it.

It is also one of the more natural balms with only three ingredients: organic jojoba oil, candelilla wax and rose wax. Plus - no parabens! (If you don't like musky flavors though, this isn't for you. You can definitely taste the rose factor.)

Due to it's extremely soft texture, it comes in a tin. I usually prefer to have lip balms in a stick form so that I don't have to dip fingers into an increasingly contaminated pot. Given how awesome this balm is, I'll get over it. Depotting into smaller pots makes this more travel/purse friendly.

Holy Grail Item. Hands down.

I used this to heal my tattoo - it healed in just over a week!! It greatly minimises any itching and scabbing with regular application. The texture can be a little grainy but it gets better as you work your way down the tin. I'm allergic to a lot of products with preservatives, like Bepanthan (used to heal tattoos) and even subway sauces. This is all natural so you know it's great stuff! After my tattoo heals I will repurchase this for use as an overall body moisturiser (great for those irritating dry patches you get during winter that decide to manifest on your face), improv makeup remover, lip balm and way to combat skin irritation I get from allergies. For such a multipurpose product, it's so worth the price.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Neutral

I actually use this as a daytime under-eye moisturizer under my makeup as well as a natural lip balm. Moisturizing the skin around my eyes was never a concern of mine because I've always had extremely oily skin so I thought my eyes were moisturized enough from the oil. It wasn't until I took a selfie in the daytime to record the results of a lash lengthening trick I learned that I would realize how much moisture my eyes actually needed, oily skin or not. It required me looking up. When I looked at the photo I realized that my under eyes looked horribly dry and the concealer and setting powder that sat over it looked cakey. I decided to try ways to pack a punch of moisture to my eyes and I came across Lush Ultrabalm. I apply it under my eyes before I put on my face moisturizer and my lines, bags and dry patches seem to disappear under my makeup and now they look more youthful. I also decided to use this as a lip balm when I found out that most lip balms contain salt and other drying agents so that your lips will dry out when you're not using lip balm, tricking you into thinking you need their product and constantly re-applying. Constant re-application uses up the product faster, requiring one to go buy more. I decided to go all natural and cut salt out of my lips balms. My lips are smooth as paper and even if I go a day without applying anything, they're never dry or feel the need for moisture.

I've had this for a day, and bought it to replace bepanthen for a new tattoo (7 days old).
Oh my G. So good.
Tattoo is itching like a mofo, and the initial graininess (which does go away) feels like heaven when you're rubbing it over (my tattoo didn't scab, is just peeling, so I probably wouldn't recommend this slice of pleasure with a scabby one) The Rose Wax is brilliant at helping soothe the itch as well.
I couldn't resist putting it all over my face and lips before bedtime and so far it feels like relief. The cold weather wreaks havoc with my face, and this has literally helped with moisture levels and has given my face a nice plump look with a dewy glow. I guess you can put it anywhere you'd put Vaseline.
It's not really like our dear friend Vas though because it sinks in, rather than just sits on top looking shiny. Also it's not a by-product of petrol.