LUSH Ultrabalm

Filtered by age: 19-24

4.3

Organic Cold-Pressed Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis), Candelilla Wax (Euphorbia cerifera), Rose Wax (Rosa damascena) *Occurs naturally in essential oils

It's pretty good as a lip balm but didn't work at all on dry patches. It does help a little with the redness and inflammation of my eczema so that's good, but overall I have to say it's not really special compared to Vaseline. It costs quite a bit more too so I won't be repurchasing. It doesn't smell too good either - kinda bitter, sour and musty - but I don't really care about scents so I find it tolerable. If you're more particular about that I'd say smell it in store first, but if you're using it as a lip balm, rest assured it doesn't actually taste bad. It smells unpleasant but tastes like nothing.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

this stuff is really great! I have been using it for about 9 months now, and I can't live without it. The only thing is the smell is odd- but after using it for so long I don't notice it anymore. For whatever reason the tin reacts with the balm and this grey grease appears around the rim of the tin and under the lid?? even when i clean it off, it keeps coming back. so the packaging isn't the greatest. But other than that, this is some seriously good balm!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Coarse

This is a great multi-purpose product. I use it as a lip balm, hand cream, body cream and face cream when travelling. I really love it for my hands! So so soft... It can also be used to base the hairline when coloring. The smell takes a bit time to get used to if you are not into the "natural/earthy/waxy" kind.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Love ultrabalm! It is a decent amount for the price you pay, so I think it's worth the price. It is similar to pawpaw cream. It has so many uses too. I put it on my lips, any cuts/rashes/chafing and it even calms eczema. Will most definitely be buying this again!

I've had this for a day, and bought it to replace bepanthen for a new tattoo (7 days old).
Oh my G. So good.
Tattoo is itching like a mofo, and the initial graininess (which does go away) feels like heaven when you're rubbing it over (my tattoo didn't scab, is just peeling, so I probably wouldn't recommend this slice of pleasure with a scabby one) The Rose Wax is brilliant at helping soothe the itch as well.
I couldn't resist putting it all over my face and lips before bedtime and so far it feels like relief. The cold weather wreaks havoc with my face, and this has literally helped with moisture levels and has given my face a nice plump look with a dewy glow. I guess you can put it anywhere you'd put Vaseline.
It's not really like our dear friend Vas though because it sinks in, rather than just sits on top looking shiny. Also it's not a by-product of petrol.

This is actually the best product I have ever used on my lips. Felt great and my lips were in perfect condition all the time, and if my lips got chapped it would heal them quicker than anything else. Great to use to moisturize your lips if they get dry from wearing lipstick easily. In the winter, I also sometimes get dry skin between my thumb and first finger that not much seems to help, but putting a little of this there does. All around rules without feeling gross like vaseline.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Another favourite! This is fairly cheap for a Lush product and it's just so lovely. It has no noticeable scent or colour and it's great for any kind of dry skin. I also use it as a lip balm in the same way that some people would use vaseline. The oils are lovely and softening, although sometimes when it's cold the formula gets a little gritty before you put it on your skin. I will most certainly buy again.

Basically a natural petroleum jelly. As a tween I toted Vaseline with me everywhere as my lip balm, and now I use the Ultrabalm. It's a bit expensive for me, but you do get a fair bit of product for it, so the $13 is worth it to me. The lady at the LUSH store sold me on it when I was in for a lip scrub and I'm obsessed with it - I have super dry skin and I use this everywhere I'm extra dry, particularly around my mouth and nose. It doesn't really have much of a smell that I can detect. What I love about it is that it feels just like Vaseline, only it actually soaks into your skin instead of resting on top forever, but it keeps you moisturized just as well. I've also been using it on my feet, on patches of what look like psoriasis on my hands, and as a lip balm - it makes my hands feel soothed and protected and my feet are much less dry. I've put it on my tattoos while they heal and on burns, basically been using it in any way I'd use Vaseline and it does the trick. I'm a huge sucker for multi-purpose products and I'm basically obsessed with this balm!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Great alternative to Vaseline! I have eczema and had become a little OCD about keeping moisturised/balmed up but hated using Vaseline, UltraBalm is 3 natural products which I love. On my 3rd tin.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I walked into Lush just to look around and browse but not purchase anything as I was just starting to re-furbish my skin care regime. The sales lady talked me into buying this and while I'm not entirely hating it, I don't particularly like it either. Apparently they use this as the base for their lip colour line so I've been using it as a lip balm. It has made the clogged pores around my lips disappear because it's completely non-comedogenic, unlike most natural lip chaps that have coconut oil in them. It's a little too oily for my liking for other body parts, even my lips it doesn't seem to really nourish enough. The oiliness is actually a little irritating. It doesn't smell so great. My boyfriend agrees that isn't the nicest thing in the world. One bonus is that it lasts forever because you don't need much. It's ok, but I'd prefer to look for something better and more nourishing. I won't repurchase.

Top Rated Lip Treatments