Avon Smooth Minerals SPF 15

Avon Smooth Minerals SPF 15

3.3

Price: $

Price: $

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: OCTINOXATE 7.50% INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: GLYCERYL TRIACETYL HYDROXYSTEARATE TRIISOSTEARYL TRILINOLEATE POLYGLYCERYL-2 DIISOSTEARATE CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE POLYETHYLENE POLYBUTENE STEARYL/PPG-3 MYRISTYL ETHER DIMER DILINOLEATE OZOKERITE MICROCRYSTALLINE WAX/CIRE MICROCRISTALLINE C10-30 CHOLESTEROL/LANOSTEROL ESTERS CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE BARIUM SULFATE POLYGLYCERYL-3 DIISOSTEARATE PETROLATUM PHENYL TRIMETHICONE BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER) SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF EXTRACT THEOBROMA CACAO (COCOA) SEED BUTTER GLYCINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) SEED EXTRACT SACCHAROMYCES/COPPER FERMENT SACCHAROMYCES/MAGNESIUM FERMENT SACCHAROMYCES/ZINC FERMENT SACCHAROMYCES/MALACHITE FERMENT SACCHAROMYCES/TOURMALINE FERMENT ISOSTEARYL ALCOHOL SILICA CAPRYLYL GLYCOL DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE TRIETHYL CITRATE TRILINOLEIC ACID TOCOPHERYL ACETATE RETINYL PALMITATE TIN OXIDE ALUMINA TOCOPHEROL CERAMIDE 3 MAY CONTAIN: MICA/CI 77019 TITANIUM DIOXIDE/CI 77891 IRON OXIDES CARMINE/CI 75470 BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE/CI 77163

on 3/11/2011 10:23:00 AM

This is my new favorite lipstick brand/type. I swear these things have contributed to my silky smooth lips recently.

Here's my take on the colors I have:

Island Pearl - a nice medium nude color with a hint of golden shimmer.
Pink Quartz - bright true pink color with slight shimmer
Malted Mineral - a darker nude color with bronze shimmer
Cranberry - a true cranberry color that can be worn as a light flush of color or built up for a more dramatic look
Apricot Glow - a warm peachy-pink color with gold shimmer
Plum Craze - a nice dupe for MAC Syrup, but a bit darker
Crystal Coral - my favorite so far!!! If NARS came out with an Orgasm lipstick, it would be this color. That's the best way I can describe it.

I'm going to get the rest of the line because I love these so much. They are very sheer but buildable. They make my lips smooth & hydrated. Only complaint is the packaging kinda sucks. Avon has issues with their lipstick tubes because some of them don't twist the product up very well, or at all. Other than that, this is an A+++ in my book.

on 8/25/2010 5:06:00 AM

As the reviewers below say, I got sucked in by the spf15. I have this in Apricot Glow. Colour is a nice MLBB shade, which is good for me to use at work. It is, however, a bit too frosty for my liking, and it isn't moisturising enough (despite the contradictory reviews below... I am finding it shows up dry bits). Sure it is buttery but I can manage that with some care. I guess that also means you use more than you may need... so the lipstick finishes quickly, if that sort of thing matters to you. I am using it up when I am at work, but I don't think I will buy again. Happy to have tried it though at such cheap prices.

on 8/4/2010 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Grey, Kinky, Medium

I am sorry, but my experience with Smooth Minerals 'Pink Quartz' lipstick did NOT agree with the reviewer's below mine.
I received Pink Quartz as a sample & it applies so creamy smooth I was amazed. This is a SHEER lipstick. The pink is very soft & subtle with a touch of coolness to it & very flattering. (I would classify 'Plum Craze' in the same way, just a bit more mauve-y to live up to its plum name.)
This lipstick is NOT glittery. What the reviewer below me meant is that it has a shimmer or iridescence it it, which gives a soft moist sheen to the lips & is NOT garish. It just looks very natural on the lips & lightly dressed.
Doesn't dry out my lips, in fact it leaves them feeling moist & dewy (as well as looking that way). I don't think this lipstick emphasises anything except lovely lips.
Now I am going to go ahead & buy the full-size versions of these two colors & maybe check out some others......
Yeah, the consistency is very buttery, so just be careful when using. That's not too hard to do even for a busy woman. Just don't swivel out the lipstick all the way up.
I think I'm the only person who considers this lipstick a winner. (I like sheer, moist lipsticks.)

on 7/3/2010 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I was hopeful for this lipstick as I am always on the search for lipsticks with SPF 15. I ordered this in 3 colors:

Pinkberry: This was such a sheer pink that it did not show up on my pigmented lips at all.

Crystal Coral: This was a very sheer coral (pinky-peach) that ended up being very sheer as well. It showed up very lightly on my lips after 3 to 4 layers. Such a shame because it looked so promising in the tube.

Malted Mineral: This was my favorite color of the batch. It was pigmented enough to show up on my pigmented lips. It's a neutral beigey-brown that works with everything.

My biggest complaint about these lipsticks is the soft buttery texture. It sounds wonderful but on a practical level, simply does not work when you're talking about a lipstick. All 3 lipsticks broke off at the base once the SoCal temps reached about 75 degrees. They are absolutely useless to me now, as I dislike lipstick palettes & would never transfer these to a palette. I'm afraid they are going to have to end up in the trash. Definitely will not repurchase again.