Avon Smooth Minerals SPF 15

Avon Smooth Minerals SPF 15

3.5

Price: $

Price: $

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: OCTINOXATE 7.50% INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: GLYCERYL TRIACETYL HYDROXYSTEARATE TRIISOSTEARYL TRILINOLEATE POLYGLYCERYL-2 DIISOSTEARATE CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE POLYETHYLENE POLYBUTENE STEARYL/PPG-3 MYRISTYL ETHER DIMER DILINOLEATE OZOKERITE MICROCRYSTALLINE WAX/CIRE MICROCRISTALLINE C10-30 CHOLESTEROL/LANOSTEROL ESTERS CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE BARIUM SULFATE POLYGLYCERYL-3 DIISOSTEARATE PETROLATUM PHENYL TRIMETHICONE BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER) SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF EXTRACT THEOBROMA CACAO (COCOA) SEED BUTTER GLYCINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) SEED EXTRACT SACCHAROMYCES/COPPER FERMENT SACCHAROMYCES/MAGNESIUM FERMENT SACCHAROMYCES/ZINC FERMENT SACCHAROMYCES/MALACHITE FERMENT SACCHAROMYCES/TOURMALINE FERMENT ISOSTEARYL ALCOHOL SILICA CAPRYLYL GLYCOL DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE TRIETHYL CITRATE TRILINOLEIC ACID TOCOPHERYL ACETATE RETINYL PALMITATE TIN OXIDE ALUMINA TOCOPHEROL CERAMIDE 3 MAY CONTAIN: MICA/CI 77019 TITANIUM DIOXIDE/CI 77891 IRON OXIDES CARMINE/CI 75470 BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE/CI 77163

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Sheer to medium coverage, fairly long lasting. The lipstick has a soft melting texture, which is nice on lips in winter but its an SPF product so you really want it in hotter weather, but then the lipstick melts and breaks off in the tube. It doesn't really work. I got reeled in by the SPF and brought a ton of shades then got rid of the entire collection.

The other thing that doesn't work for me is the condition they leave my lips in and the frostiness of some of the shades. At first they feel moisturising but after using them for a day my lips would always look chapped and peeling, so I found them very drying. I've found that with alot of mineral based makeup, I think it works better on young oily skin. Also, 4 shades in particular aren't very flattering in my opinion. They are rough feeling on my lips and give me the icky sensation that the moisture in my lips is being sucked out - and I swear they make my lips visibly puckered into wrinkles like an old lady! These are Pinkberry, Crystal Coral, Island Pearl, and Pink Quartz - I don't recommend if you have sensitive lips.

Apricot Glow - Apricot-pink shimmer, smooth and doesn't go into lines.

Bronze - reddish tinged brown with pink & gold shimmers, luxurious on tanned skin but washes out lighter skintones.

Chocolate Kiss - glossy milk chocolate/mid-brown with a golden beige undertone. Looks great on medium skinned older women as an easy to wear neutral that brightens eyes and makes teeth look whiter. Washes out young bright skintones.

Cranberry - sheer glossy strawberry red, pretty on fair skin.

Crystal Coral - peachy pink frost, like NARS Orgasm. Rough feeling shimmer, looks crusty and aging, highlights chapped dry bits.

Island Pearl - apricot-tinged creamy light nude beige with moist, with luminescent, glowing shimmer. Does not go into lines. Made my teeth look whiter. The color I love but shimmer particles felt a bit rough on my lips as well as drying them out the more I wore it.

Plum Craze - Purplish beige with a slight blue reflect. Might suit tanned or darker skin? I looked like a corpse in this shade, there was too much grey.

Pinkberry - Sheer neutral pink with chunky rough shimmer that exfoliates my lips and makes them feel scratchy, sore and sensitive. Too little color payoff with glitter chunks, I hate this kind of lipstick.

Pink Quartz - Glossy bubblegum pink. Lovely color but feels slightly rough on lips as though there is fine powdered sand in it. Those with sensitive lips will notice it, while others will swear its not there at all - it is subtle!

Rose Garnet - Creamy Plum-Rose. Smooth feel, some shimmer. Has a hint of blue reflect that would suit medium skins but awful on my very fair warm toned skin.

Rosy brown - lighter brown than Bronze, with a strong purple/blue reflect in some lights.

on 7/3/2010 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I was hopeful for this lipstick as I am always on the search for lipsticks with SPF 15. I ordered this in 3 colors:

Pinkberry: This was such a sheer pink that it did not show up on my pigmented lips at all.

Crystal Coral: This was a very sheer coral (pinky-peach) that ended up being very sheer as well. It showed up very lightly on my lips after 3 to 4 layers. Such a shame because it looked so promising in the tube.

Malted Mineral: This was my favorite color of the batch. It was pigmented enough to show up on my pigmented lips. It's a neutral beigey-brown that works with everything.

My biggest complaint about these lipsticks is the soft buttery texture. It sounds wonderful but on a practical level, simply does not work when you're talking about a lipstick. All 3 lipsticks broke off at the base once the SoCal temps reached about 75 degrees. They are absolutely useless to me now, as I dislike lipstick palettes & would never transfer these to a palette. I'm afraid they are going to have to end up in the trash. Definitely will not repurchase again.

on 9/17/2014 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

My mom gave me this lipstick in Bronze. It was too shimmery but also dull and totally washed me out. Probably would work better on much darker skintones, for a bright pop of color on the lips.

on 8/25/2010 5:06:00 AM

As the reviewers below say, I got sucked in by the spf15. I have this in Apricot Glow. Colour is a nice MLBB shade, which is good for me to use at work. It is, however, a bit too frosty for my liking, and it isn't moisturising enough (despite the contradictory reviews below... I am finding it shows up dry bits). Sure it is buttery but I can manage that with some care. I guess that also means you use more than you may need... so the lipstick finishes quickly, if that sort of thing matters to you. I am using it up when I am at work, but I don't think I will buy again. Happy to have tried it though at such cheap prices.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

i got this in the shade pink quartz. Even though this does have spf in it the quality is awful. Even if i apply a lip balm on before i put this lipstick on, it still looks like i have chapped lips. This lipstick shows even the tiniest amount of chapped lips. i decided to give this product another try in the summer after lip balm and it finally didn't show any signs of chapped lips. i think i'd use this product only in the summer not winter.The colour is pretty nice but very glittery to use on a daily basis.
Price: $4.99CAD (on sale)

on 11/7/2010 3:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have this in "pink radiance". It is a frosty shade and super creamy formula so I apply it to may fingertip and stipple it onto my lips. Really nice effect, makes my lips look dewy and full. However the stick itself broke the fist time I used it so I have to be careful when I twist up the tube. BOTTOM LINE: nice formula, horrible packaging

on 11/15/2010 7:46:00 PM

Great every day lipstick - subtle but noticeable. I bought the color - Apricot Glow....looks fab. w/my skin tone (warm).

on 8/17/2010 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I like this l/s a lot. It's not drying at all (and I have dry sensitive lips), and it lasts a reasonable amount of time. My only complaint is the colour selection/swatches in the catalogue. I got 2 colours: Apricot Glow and Rose Garnet. They looked to be about the same colour intensity in the catalogue - i.e. light shades, which is what I need for my fair skin (anything bright/dark really washes me out). Well, Apricot Glow is beautiful - a soft peachy MLBB colour. Rose Garnet was a garish bright shade of no, not rose, but coral (WTF?). So try to get samples or test these out before buying!

on 7/17/2010 3:50:00 PM

Very creamy lipstick. Felt great. Gorgeous color. It says fragrance free but I returned it for the disgusting taste. Maybe it needed a masking fragrance. i use the Korres mango butter lipstick and their cherry gloss which tastes great. I appreciate the all natural aspect but lipstick is constantly being tasted and this was disgusting to me. it needs some fruit or other flavor before I would use it again.

on 4/10/2011 6:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I bought this lipstick in Rosy Brown. It's a gentle warm brownish red shade on my lips. It's lovely and smooth. It's quite pale on first application - but a second application darkens it and strengthens the colour. It is a great price - because I only ever buy it when it is on sale in the Avon catalogue. I am so impressed with it that I am going to try other colours in the range.