Avon Smooth Minerals SPF 15

Avon Smooth Minerals SPF 15

3.5

Price: $

Price: $

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: OCTINOXATE 7.50% INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: GLYCERYL TRIACETYL HYDROXYSTEARATE TRIISOSTEARYL TRILINOLEATE POLYGLYCERYL-2 DIISOSTEARATE CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE POLYETHYLENE POLYBUTENE STEARYL/PPG-3 MYRISTYL ETHER DIMER DILINOLEATE OZOKERITE MICROCRYSTALLINE WAX/CIRE MICROCRISTALLINE C10-30 CHOLESTEROL/LANOSTEROL ESTERS CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE BARIUM SULFATE POLYGLYCERYL-3 DIISOSTEARATE PETROLATUM PHENYL TRIMETHICONE BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER) SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF EXTRACT THEOBROMA CACAO (COCOA) SEED BUTTER GLYCINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) SEED EXTRACT SACCHAROMYCES/COPPER FERMENT SACCHAROMYCES/MAGNESIUM FERMENT SACCHAROMYCES/ZINC FERMENT SACCHAROMYCES/MALACHITE FERMENT SACCHAROMYCES/TOURMALINE FERMENT ISOSTEARYL ALCOHOL SILICA CAPRYLYL GLYCOL DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE TRIETHYL CITRATE TRILINOLEIC ACID TOCOPHERYL ACETATE RETINYL PALMITATE TIN OXIDE ALUMINA TOCOPHEROL CERAMIDE 3 MAY CONTAIN: MICA/CI 77019 TITANIUM DIOXIDE/CI 77891 IRON OXIDES CARMINE/CI 75470 BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE/CI 77163

on 3/27/2010 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

These have to be the smoothest, creamiest lipsticks ever!! Avon did well. Malted Mineral is a super creamy warm beige (nude) with a hint of shimmer. Applies like a lip balm with great color payoff. It also lasts quite a while, considering its such a soft and creamy texture. I bought a back up of this shade and intend on trying more!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I love this lipstick, is so soft, creamy and the color is beautiful and moisturizes like a balm..

on 7/3/2010 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I was hopeful for this lipstick as I am always on the search for lipsticks with SPF 15. I ordered this in 3 colors:

Pinkberry: This was such a sheer pink that it did not show up on my pigmented lips at all.

Crystal Coral: This was a very sheer coral (pinky-peach) that ended up being very sheer as well. It showed up very lightly on my lips after 3 to 4 layers. Such a shame because it looked so promising in the tube.

Malted Mineral: This was my favorite color of the batch. It was pigmented enough to show up on my pigmented lips. It's a neutral beigey-brown that works with everything.

My biggest complaint about these lipsticks is the soft buttery texture. It sounds wonderful but on a practical level, simply does not work when you're talking about a lipstick. All 3 lipsticks broke off at the base once the SoCal temps reached about 75 degrees. They are absolutely useless to me now, as I dislike lipstick palettes & would never transfer these to a palette. I'm afraid they are going to have to end up in the trash. Definitely will not repurchase again.

This lipstick is easy to wear, feels comfortable, and lasts! I also have the Apricot and Plum Craze. The colors are natural.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

i got this in the shade pink quartz. Even though this does have spf in it the quality is awful. Even if i apply a lip balm on before i put this lipstick on, it still looks like i have chapped lips. This lipstick shows even the tiniest amount of chapped lips. i decided to give this product another try in the summer after lip balm and it finally didn't show any signs of chapped lips. i think i'd use this product only in the summer not winter.The colour is pretty nice but very glittery to use on a daily basis.
Price: $4.99CAD (on sale)

on 7/17/2010 3:50:00 PM

Very creamy lipstick. Felt great. Gorgeous color. It says fragrance free but I returned it for the disgusting taste. Maybe it needed a masking fragrance. i use the Korres mango butter lipstick and their cherry gloss which tastes great. I appreciate the all natural aspect but lipstick is constantly being tasted and this was disgusting to me. it needs some fruit or other flavor before I would use it again.

on 8/4/2010 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Grey, Kinky, Medium

I am sorry, but my experience with Smooth Minerals 'Pink Quartz' lipstick did NOT agree with the reviewer's below mine.
I received Pink Quartz as a sample & it applies so creamy smooth I was amazed. This is a SHEER lipstick. The pink is very soft & subtle with a touch of coolness to it & very flattering. (I would classify 'Plum Craze' in the same way, just a bit more mauve-y to live up to its plum name.)
This lipstick is NOT glittery. What the reviewer below me meant is that it has a shimmer or iridescence it it, which gives a soft moist sheen to the lips & is NOT garish. It just looks very natural on the lips & lightly dressed.
Doesn't dry out my lips, in fact it leaves them feeling moist & dewy (as well as looking that way). I don't think this lipstick emphasises anything except lovely lips.
Now I am going to go ahead & buy the full-size versions of these two colors & maybe check out some others......
Yeah, the consistency is very buttery, so just be careful when using. That's not too hard to do even for a busy woman. Just don't swivel out the lipstick all the way up.
I think I'm the only person who considers this lipstick a winner. (I like sheer, moist lipsticks.)

on 8/17/2010 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I like this l/s a lot. It's not drying at all (and I have dry sensitive lips), and it lasts a reasonable amount of time. My only complaint is the colour selection/swatches in the catalogue. I got 2 colours: Apricot Glow and Rose Garnet. They looked to be about the same colour intensity in the catalogue - i.e. light shades, which is what I need for my fair skin (anything bright/dark really washes me out). Well, Apricot Glow is beautiful - a soft peachy MLBB colour. Rose Garnet was a garish bright shade of no, not rose, but coral (WTF?). So try to get samples or test these out before buying!

on 8/25/2010 5:06:00 AM

As the reviewers below say, I got sucked in by the spf15. I have this in Apricot Glow. Colour is a nice MLBB shade, which is good for me to use at work. It is, however, a bit too frosty for my liking, and it isn't moisturising enough (despite the contradictory reviews below... I am finding it shows up dry bits). Sure it is buttery but I can manage that with some care. I guess that also means you use more than you may need... so the lipstick finishes quickly, if that sort of thing matters to you. I am using it up when I am at work, but I don't think I will buy again. Happy to have tried it though at such cheap prices.

on 11/7/2010 3:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have this in "pink radiance". It is a frosty shade and super creamy formula so I apply it to may fingertip and stipple it onto my lips. Really nice effect, makes my lips look dewy and full. However the stick itself broke the fist time I used it so I have to be careful when I twist up the tube. BOTTOM LINE: nice formula, horrible packaging