Avon Smooth Minerals SPF 15

Filtered by age: 36-43
Avon Smooth Minerals SPF 15

3.0

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: OCTINOXATE 7.50% INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: GLYCERYL TRIACETYL HYDROXYSTEARATE TRIISOSTEARYL TRILINOLEATE POLYGLYCERYL-2 DIISOSTEARATE CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE POLYETHYLENE POLYBUTENE STEARYL/PPG-3 MYRISTYL ETHER DIMER DILINOLEATE OZOKERITE MICROCRYSTALLINE WAX/CIRE MICROCRISTALLINE C10-30 CHOLESTEROL/LANOSTEROL ESTERS CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE BARIUM SULFATE POLYGLYCERYL-3 DIISOSTEARATE PETROLATUM PHENYL TRIMETHICONE BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER) SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF EXTRACT THEOBROMA CACAO (COCOA) SEED BUTTER GLYCINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) SEED EXTRACT SACCHAROMYCES/COPPER FERMENT SACCHAROMYCES/MAGNESIUM FERMENT SACCHAROMYCES/ZINC FERMENT SACCHAROMYCES/MALACHITE FERMENT SACCHAROMYCES/TOURMALINE FERMENT ISOSTEARYL ALCOHOL SILICA CAPRYLYL GLYCOL DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE TRIETHYL CITRATE TRILINOLEIC ACID TOCOPHERYL ACETATE RETINYL PALMITATE TIN OXIDE ALUMINA TOCOPHEROL CERAMIDE 3 MAY CONTAIN: MICA/CI 77019 TITANIUM DIOXIDE/CI 77891 IRON OXIDES CARMINE/CI 75470 BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE/CI 77163

on 8/4/2010 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Grey, Kinky, Medium

I am sorry, but my experience with Smooth Minerals 'Pink Quartz' lipstick did NOT agree with the reviewer's below mine.
I received Pink Quartz as a sample & it applies so creamy smooth I was amazed. This is a SHEER lipstick. The pink is very soft & subtle with a touch of coolness to it & very flattering. (I would classify 'Plum Craze' in the same way, just a bit more mauve-y to live up to its plum name.)
This lipstick is NOT glittery. What the reviewer below me meant is that it has a shimmer or iridescence it it, which gives a soft moist sheen to the lips & is NOT garish. It just looks very natural on the lips & lightly dressed.
Doesn't dry out my lips, in fact it leaves them feeling moist & dewy (as well as looking that way). I don't think this lipstick emphasises anything except lovely lips.
Now I am going to go ahead & buy the full-size versions of these two colors & maybe check out some others......
Yeah, the consistency is very buttery, so just be careful when using. That's not too hard to do even for a busy woman. Just don't swivel out the lipstick all the way up.
I think I'm the only person who considers this lipstick a winner. (I like sheer, moist lipsticks.)

on 7/3/2010 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I was hopeful for this lipstick as I am always on the search for lipsticks with SPF 15. I ordered this in 3 colors:

Pinkberry: This was such a sheer pink that it did not show up on my pigmented lips at all.

Crystal Coral: This was a very sheer coral (pinky-peach) that ended up being very sheer as well. It showed up very lightly on my lips after 3 to 4 layers. Such a shame because it looked so promising in the tube.

Malted Mineral: This was my favorite color of the batch. It was pigmented enough to show up on my pigmented lips. It's a neutral beigey-brown that works with everything.

My biggest complaint about these lipsticks is the soft buttery texture. It sounds wonderful but on a practical level, simply does not work when you're talking about a lipstick. All 3 lipsticks broke off at the base once the SoCal temps reached about 75 degrees. They are absolutely useless to me now, as I dislike lipstick palettes & would never transfer these to a palette. I'm afraid they are going to have to end up in the trash. Definitely will not repurchase again.