I've had this lipstick for a while, and I happen to like it.
I'm quite pale (N/NC-10/15 in the winter, NC-20 in the summer), while this lipstick would not be the right 'nude' shade for me (pinkish nudes suit me much more), this is still a nice 'muted' color that leans more toward peach than beige. As it is, this lip color can look great when paired with a smokey lavender/purple/taupe eye.
I'll just layout the pros and cons:
- Great packaging. It's made of a strong plastic, and the cap securely snaps shut (unlike the one for Rimmel's Lasting Finish lipsticks, which are flimsy and wouldn't stay shut for anything). It also stands out because of its color.
- For me, it lasts a decent amount of time (2-3 hours), when compared to other lipsticks I've tried. Of course, this one of those things that is based on personal experience & preference.
- Semi-opaque and somewhat creamy. Just a swipe or two of this lipstick, and I'm set. Plus, I don't feel that I have to wear a lip liner for this, since it doesn't bleed easily (though that would help with longevity).
- The scent. I alternate between indifference and loathing when I open this because of the floral (rose?) scent of this lipstick. This would probably be a deal breaker for some.
- The color won't suit everyone, since it can look orangey-brown on some people, especially when applied heavily. (pale ladies beware!)
- It's somewhat drying, so lip balm is a must.
- Even though it's still listed on Rimmel's website, I've heard that this shade is being discontinued. If so, ugh.
I would definitely re-purchase this product. In fact, I already own a back up.