Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush in 64 Pink Explosion

Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush in 64 Pink Explosion
Joues Contraste Powder Blush in 64 Pink ExplosionJoues Contraste Powder Blush in 64 Pink ExplosionJoues Contraste Powder Blush in 64 Pink Explosion

4.6

Chanel blushers last a really long time! So this makes up for the expensive price of the product.
This blush has a faint rose like scent, which is not off putting to me.
I like that the compact comes with a brush and mirror, makes it a travel friendly item.

I usually put about a few swipes on each cheek, the blush goes on subtly and can be layered into a natural rosy flush finish. This is a very wearable pink and I believe it's either neutral or to the cool undertone shade. Most of Chanel blushers are on the warm side.

I'm fair-medium skin with neutral to cool undertone. Using MAC NC 25.

on 1/19/2017 3:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

pink. beautiful. glow. last all day. love love love.

on 7/9/2015 8:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

My previous blushers were Mac and although the colours were great they did not last very long on my skin. I do have a bit of an oily skin and with or without primer I never found their blushers to last so I went looking for a new range. I found Chanel Jouse Contraste and loved the colour, I told the SA about my skin's tendency for oiliness and she said it was fine, the contraste should last longer than the creme blush. I chose the Pink explosion 64 shade, it is a light, natural pink with sparkles however it does not come off as glitter on your skin.
The packaging is great, it comes with a dust cover an in a compact with its own brush. I think the brush it comes with is sufficient and you don't need a blusher brush as Jouse Contraste is just for the cheeks area and maybe around the eye area to brighten it up. The blush is light and very natural looking however it is build-able like all Chanel makeup so the intensity is dependent on you. Its a great product with great packaging, the best blush I have used and it has the most amazing smell of roses that instantly makes you smile.

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

Very pretty, cool tone, blue pink. I however find it difficult to get the colour from my euro dome baked version.

I practically have to scrape a layer off, and rubbed my finger hard to get a decent swatch of it. Not sure I was given 'bad' one. I never have such experience with all my other Chanel blushes.

Nonetheless, using a stiffer blush brush, I am able to slowly build up the colour to the intensity I like. Very natural pink in my opinion, if not for the texture, I would give it a 5 stars.

Asian
NC20-25
Chanel Mat Velvet Foundation 020
Diorsnow Foundation 020

on 4/9/2015 6:09:00 AM

I adore this blush so much! It gives a lovely rosy but natural look which is perfect on my pale skin. It blends out well and I've found the brush that's given to work pretty well for me, even for blending and softening the intensity.

10/10 would buy again. Although I haven't actually bought it yet - I've been sneakily using my mum's until either a) she finds out, or b) I can afford my own ;)

perfect!i have been using it forever since it gives yoi a subtle and natural look

on 4/16/2013 5:55:00 PM

I love this blush. It is the perfect pink, and probably suitable for any skin tone. Chanel never breaks me out. There was a lot of hype about this blush. They made a ton of money off of it. It is great for an everyday go to blush.

on 6/29/2014 6:11:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This pink was lovely. But the shimmering was not obvious compare to I tried it on my hand. Agreed with others the brush provided was useless I use my own brushes brush work better.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is absolutely gorgeous. Chanel blushes are so coveted, and this made me realize why, after using MAC blushes for so many years. I love my MAC blushes, but the pigmentation in the Chanel's blushes really is incomparable.
It really is a pink explosion. It's very bright yet demure, and looks beautiful on my porcelain skin. I have soooo many blushes, yet I end up using this one more than not. My other blushes are lonely! This is the perfect bright pink. The brush that comes with it is useless, but other than that, it's perfect!

on 2/15/2014 10:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I'd seen this blush online and tried this and rose initial on in store and wanted both but being as i couldn't afford both at the time i went for this one as it was a little more intense than rose initial and i figured i would just use a light hand with it if i wanted a more subtle flush. I know the smell of these blushes isn't to everybody's taste as it is quite strong and rose scented but personally i thought it was lovely. The compact is smart and tidy. The brush is a little scratchy but it will do for on the go touch ups.Contained in the compact is a decent sized mirror. Lasting power was good for me( applied on top of my Vitalumiere foundation) at 6-8 hours before needing a touch up.I think the formula here in the UK is different to the USA but i found it was easy to apply and blend.