The Body Shop Moisture Foundation SPF 15

The Body Shop Moisture Foundation SPF 15

3.5

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua (Water) (Solvent/Diluent), Cyclomethicone (Emollient), Zinc Oxide (Sunscreen), Octyl Methoxycinnamate (Sunscreen), Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate (Emollient), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Emollient), Dextrin Palmitate (Emulsifying Agent), Dimethicone (Skin Conditioning Agent), Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone (Emulsifier), Isopropyl Lanolate (Emollient), Sclerocarya birrea (Marula Oil) (Skin Conditioning Agent), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Polyethylene (Opacifier), Sodium Chloride (Salt) (Viscosity Modifier), Cera Alba (Beeswax) (Emulsifier/Emollient), Ethylene Brassylate (Masking Agent), Boron Nitride (Bulking Agent), Glycerin (Humectant), Tocopheryl Acetate (Antioxidant), Methylparaben (Preservative), PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil (Emulsifier), Hectorite (Opacifier), Phenyl Methicone (Skin-Conditioning Agent/Emollient), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Propylparaben (Preservative), Triethoxycaprylylsilane (Binder), Sodium Hyaluronate (Humectant), Pyrus malus (Apple Extract) (Natural Additive), Butylparaben (Preservative), Ethylparaben (Preservative), Isobutylparaben (Preservative), CI 77891 (Colour), CI 77492 (Colour), CI 77491 (Colour), CI 77499 (Colour).

A foundation is only going to work as well as you take care of your skin. You need to start off with a very good base so that your foundation doesn't show up every flaw in your skin. A foundation is to be used to enhance your skin not hide every large pore and flaw.

Find your self a good concealer, dampen your beauty sponge or brush with some makeup spray and then tap it all over you skin, this covers all flaws. Allow to dry.

Using the same brush or sponge, dampen again, tap your foundation all over your face and neck, remember less is more.

My trick is to use a foundation that is one shade darker than my skin tone, apply lightly, then I go over with a second layer of foundation in my skin tone across my t-section making sure everything is smooth and covered completely. Using a lighter shade second also helps with highlighting in a natural manner.

I then use a small amount of under eye concealer and tap it in with the same sponge. You always want the sponge to be a little damp.

Using the same sponge/brush I tap it into the smallest amount of finishing powder and really tap it into any areas that may produce oiliness, leaving my dry skin areas alone. Then with a clean large brush, I wipe the excess powder off.

Finish with a good finishing spray, fan dry as quickly as you can and you have the perfect canvas to apply the rest of your make up.

I find with this technique my makeup lasts all day and absolutely no creases. Plus the best compliments ever.

Always use the makeup made for your skin type for best results.

I am fortunate to have really good skin because I look after it not cover it and most people think that I look in my 30's not 50's.

As for this foundation, the colour match is perfect, it has the right amount of moisture for my skin, lasts all day, protects from the Australian sun, doesn't rub off and leaves no creases.

Really worth a try. I just heard from my favourite seller that this product is no longer being manufactured so if you really like this foundation stock up before they are sold out.

I went through a phase of having REALLY dry skin, and this foundation worked so well!! Even now that my skin has calmed down it still works really nicely!! I have been using this for at least 3 months and i can safely say it doesn't cling to dry matches, blends out really nicely, and stays put during the day. I can put this on in the morning at like 8am, without primer, and after a full day of waitressing it will still be in pretty good shape! It is light-medium coverage but definitely buildable. Good for a natural look! Feels really light on the skin, doesn't smell and when I wear this I always get complimented on how glowy my skin looks (bonus!) The packaging is nice and simple (plastic) with a useful pump and clear middle section that allows you to see how much product you have used. Will definitely repurchase unless I find something slightly cheaper (it costs about $50 NZD).

on 10/22/2015 10:10:00 AM

I BLOODY LOVE THIS PRODUCT, it is fantastic for people with dry skin and who are very pale! It last all day and glides on like a dream although its not heavy coverage I think if you build it up you could cover a lot!Its not a tinted moisturiser/BB cream because it heavier than that but not to heavy that you cake your face. It not drying and absolutely weightless.

I am usually not a fan of the bodyshop make up but I love the this foundation,I haven't tried the new fancy one but I can tell you i will always becoming back to this.

Its a very cheap option but in my option does not feel cheap at all, it has quite a runny consistency so a little goes a long way! I cannot praise this enough.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I am NC 25 and in the shade 05 which is a perfect match. This is so natural looking and honestly is so easy to use coz it's in a pump. Very light weight and easy to blend. Even better, doesn't test on animals. I love this stuff will decently rephurase

The BODY SHOP foundation is a little bit too heavy. A little bit cakey and really hard to clean.
The packaging has a good size and really handy. However, I am afraid that if you broke the squeezer, it would be very hard to get the foundation out from the bottle.
So I don't think this product suited me but it does cover your face.

on 2/16/2017 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Really good foundation, great coverage, lasts all day... but sadly not enough shades to choose from, so does not match my skin colour.
You don't read or hear much about this product which is a shame as its good for those with dry skin but perhaps a wider shade selection and a more appealing packaging would make a huge difference.
Price wise, I think it is a bit too much.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Nice foundation for dry skin (definitely don't use if you're oily!). Nothing super amazing, but then I have yet to discover my absolute perfect foundation!

It goes on nicely, and can be matted down with powder easily. It wears well, and looks good with primer. In New Zealand, it's quite a reasonable price. I also love that the pump only dispenses a small bit at a time - my MAC Mineralise Moisture foundation pumps quite a lot out at a time so I end up wasting a bit more of that (being someone who only uses a bit of foundation).

on 10/16/2015 6:49:00 AM

I have such trouble finding foundation that is light enough for me and doesn't oxidize to orange over time. The lightest shade from this line is a tiiiiny bit too light for me and the second lightest is way too pink, so I buy the lightest and pack on bronzer and blush. Every time I don't wear bronzer I'll get asked if I'm sick, so that's not good!
The price is good and I like the texture so I'll probably keep buying this foundation until I find one that matches my skin perfectly.
The biggest problem I have with this is that if I accidentally get it in my eyes it burns reeeeaaaally bad but that's easily avoided by not applying it on the eye area and using a concealer specifically created for that purpose because that's what you're supposed to do anyway.

on 6/2/2015 3:31:00 PM

I first bought this foundation 3 years ago, I fell in love and have gone through 3+ bottles since! Even though I don't really use it any more I feel it is in need of a review since its so good. It claims to have " light to medium coverage" and I do agree but I also think it is sort of build able.

some goods points to the foudation; it has good coverage, and it manages to cover spots, redness, and general blemishes well however the best part of the foundation for me is how since I have dry skin, I really struggle to find foundations that don't dry my skin or stick to the dry parts and this doesn't! it hydrates well and is FANTASTIC for dry skin. I feel it has a good staying power too, especially if you use a setting powder. It also doesn't oxidise.

It only has a few small problems such as the packaging. Although it is pretty at first, it scratches so so easily and the silver on the bottle is worn away within weeks of owning the product! I noticed that if I use this foundation day after day I seem to get tiny tiny spots around my nose or forehead but they soon leave after a few days which is odd!

overall I really like this foundation and I think it is affordable and great for those of you who are looking for medium coverage or have dry skin however maybe not for those who have sensitive skin like me.

on 6/8/2015 8:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

My personal take on this foundation is that it is very customisable foundation and results vary on the type of skin you have that day. Even though it is a moisture foundation i find when i apply this foundation over oily skin (no blotting paper used) it provides the most beautiful finish. I mix this foundation with studio fix nc40 foundation as this foundation is too light for me even though i am in shade 8 which is the darkest. This foundation definitely mixes well. Some may find this foundation too oily looking, but i suggest applying powder over it and then it solves the problem. Overall, very nice foundation.