4.1

package quality

price range

Reviews

7 months ago

Pretty good BHA however, I don't like the way it gets foamy on the cotton pad. It's gentle, a little bit drying as it is a very pared down formula. I appreciate it for what it is and have purchased it a few times to be sure.

About reviewer (317 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Olive, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

a year ago

I have tried SOO MANY BHA PRODUCTS. HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS WORTH. And this little inexpensive underdog is the best one (for me). Skin history: dehydrated, hormonal acne AND fungal acne, mild rosacea, large pores, cc's, blackheads and visible SF's on my t-zone. Let me be clear: I did NOT purchase this to help with acne, I purchased this to help clear closed comedones, blackheads, and reduce the appearance of sf's (sebaceous filaments.) BHA has historically caused worsening acne for me due to it disrupting my skin barrier. BUT. This bha is so gentle, basic, and effective, that I can use it once or twice a week without it ruining any of my progress. No fragrance, botanicals, or other irritating ingredients. It effectively and rapidly reduces cc's, blackheads, and sf's. It's also very inexpensive. Once or twice a week, I will remove sunscreen and grime with a wet microfiber cloth. I will then generously apply this BHA and leave it on my skin for 20 minutues, then I shower and follow with my usual nightly routine (vanicream gentle face cleanser, hada labo plumping gel cream on damp skin, cerave healing ointment to seal it in.) I am so thankful for this product. It's my HG.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesGray

5 years ago

I have been using this product for a few years now, and it is a staple in my routine. It does the following for me -Helps with acne and clogged pores/blackheads -Great at keeping the texture of my skin smooth -Minimal ingredients - no reactions/aggravated skin/breakouts etc It is my favourite toner, and I will continue to repurchase!

About reviewer (34 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

6 years ago

love this product. prevents breakouts. keeps skin clear and not drying. very gentle. have repurchased and will continue to do so. I use tazorac so I use this toner about once a week. highly recommend.

About reviewer (44 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

2.0

7 years ago

I purchased a sample of this, hoping for a suitable (and more affordable) alternative to Paula's Choice 2% BHA liquid. While P.C.'s product is largely ineffective for my sebaceous filaments, it works wonderfully for the odd zit. A little dab and the zit is greatly diminished by morning, if not gone entirely. Needless to say, I was hoping the same effect from this product. Since I have a lovely shiner, I test drove this out on it last night. I awoke to find no change whatsoever in the size or depth of the zit. This will be relegated to use as an anti-bacterial after extracting sessions; glad I didn't opt for the full size.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

1.0

9 years ago

This product broke me out horribly. My sensitive, oily, acne-prone skin has been pretty calm lately and I was looking for a product to smooth my skin and keep my pores clean. After two days of use, my skin broke out in painful whiteheads on my cheeks and forehead and 2 cysts, one on my cheek and one on my neck! It took me days to calm my poor skin after this incident. I'm all for simplistic products. This one sounded great, as it only contains 3 ingredients. I guess simple isn't always better, though.

About reviewer (486 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

9 years ago

Great product, great price!

About reviewer (15 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

9 years ago

Great bha choice for sensitive skin and seems to calm my rosacea. Use a spray cap so you don't waste product - I used one from an old GOW bottle which fit perfectly .

About reviewer (197 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Coarse

10 years ago

I have acne,but also really sensitive skin. I need something to penetrate into my pores and de-gunk them,but it's hard to find something effective without making my skin really red and flaky.This toner has Salicylic Acid derived from willow bark and has aloe vera in it. It's effective and gentle.Love it!

About reviewer (32 reviews)

Age19-24