Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Waterproof

Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Waterproof

3.6

Isodecane, Microcrystalline wax, C8-9 Isoparaffin, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Carnauba Wax, Water, Propylene Carbonate, Allyl Stearate/VA Copolymer, Lecithin, PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Arginine, Silica, Serine, 2-oleamido-1, 3-octadecanediol, Rayon, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Panthenol, Glutamic Acid, Ethylenediamine/Stearyl dimer dilinoleate Copolymer, polyquaternium-10, Polyvinyl Laurate, Oryza Sativa Starch/Rice Starch, Isobutylparaben, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, [ /- May Contain: CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 77288/Chromium Oxide Greens, CI77289/Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77491, CI77492, CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77510/Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI 77742/Manganese Violet, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, Mica]

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I bought this on a whim when my Annabelle mascara was really irritating my left eye and had to remove it.
I like the Volum' Express The Falsies Black Drama but it's not available in a waterproof formula so I got the regular Volum' Express The Falsies waterproof version instead.
I'm glad I got it on sale for $4.99 CAD because this mascara smudges on me. It's definitely not waterproof.
Perhaps I used too much eye cream that morning (anything emollient around the eyes will break down mascara) but suffice to say I wasn't pleased with the smudges towards the end of the day.
Removal was okay with an oil based eye makeup remover. (I just soak a Q-tip in Clinique's take the day off eye makeup remover and stroke the lashes until nearly all of the mascara is gone)

It does keep the curl in place as with other waterproof mascaras but that's the only positive.
It gives great length more than anything else.

Overall, a big miss and no re-purchase.

on 10/6/2016 1:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

My favorite mascara! I love how it gives me length, curl, and separates my eyelashes so well without clumping. This mascara doesn't smudge at all and last, like, all day even after i washed my face and took a nap with it. The only cons of this mascara are, it doesn't really give me the volume i expected and you should wait for a while to add some more layer to avoid clumping. But it does give me the great lashes look as everyone keeps on complimenting my lashes.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This is my hg mascara. It does everything I need it to do. keeps my lashes curled gives me length and volume and out doesn't smudge. I've never used a mascara that didn't smudge on my bottom lashes til I tried this one. It even lives up to its falsies name, my mom keeps asking me if I'm wearing false lashes. It's just this mascara!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Holy grail mascara. The wand doesn't hurt when I apply and it curls and volumes my thin, straight lashes very well. It does smudge a bit if I fall asleep with it on, but other than that it will not smudge or flake. The formula is not too wet when you open it and it doesn't make my lashes feel crunchy but holds the curl all day. It does dry out fairly quickly, in around 2 months, and the tube is a little smaller so you do get less product, but mascara should be replaced relatively often anyway to avoid a nasty eye infection. This also makes it more travel friendly if you're looking for more free space in your makeup bag.

Definitely recommend this mascara. Great cheap, everyday mascara for us ladies with more frail lashes.

on 2/14/2016 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Excellent mascara for short lashes.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This mascara really helps to give volume to my thin asian lashes. This could clump your lashes if you apply multiple layers at a single time. If you're not going for that, give it some time to dry before applying your next coat. Not much lengthening going on. It lasts all day on me. And indeed, it does live up to being waterproof. But it flakes when I've worn it too long --- probably at about 5 hours or so. But then again, my country isn't exactly makeup friendly. It's pretty much humid all year 'round and I really tend to get myself in situations where I'd sweat a little (ok, maybe more than a little). Sometimes, I'd forget to remove my makeup (which I've worn all day) and sleep with it on a few hours, and it'd still be there. Though, not as strong as it would have been, initially.

If you want to thicken your lashes, this is a good drugstore mascara. If you're into lengthening them like me, go find another one. I can't compare this to other mascaras, 'cause it was the first one I bought (and have worn several times decent enough to make a review). It's a mascara that's newbie and budget friendly. Mine's starting to get a little dryer now, and I've had it for probably a year or so.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Love it

on 1/13/2016 10:29:00 PM

This is my HG mascara! I've been using it for the past 4 years and I don't think I will ever stray from it. It holds a great curl all day, does not clump whatsoever and looks absolutely natural if applied correctly. The formula in this product is great. If applied correctly on the tips of your lashes and continue building up, your lashes WILL look like falsies. When I use this mascara, I take about 10 minutes to really get each individual lash and avoid a messy application (this formula goes on pretty wet but when it dries it looks like an extension of your lashes) The price is GREAT for such a wonderful product, I've probably gone through 25 already in the past few years. The most important trick I've learned while applying mascara is starting at the tips (not the roots of your lashes) and just sort of wiggling up until you reach a desired length (trust me, this product can get your lashes to lengths you've never imagined without looking clumpy, and it does not droop throughout the day at all) and then doing a quick coat on the roots for volume.

first of all, i'm a mascara junkie. like...i have tried an embarrassing amount of mascaras. my lashes are one of my best features so i'm forever trying to make them look their best, and this mascara does a great job.

the formula is kind of thick and wet but it doesn't weigh the lashes down. in fact, it holds a curl SO well. can't say the same about the non-waterproof version, but waterproof mascara in general is better at holding a curl. i can wear this all day with no issues of smudging or flaking or anything. and wow the way this adds volume is so lovely. it also puts the lashes into nice sections so it's not all a clumpy mess. one coat is good if you want to look kind of natural but also like you tried, and several coats is great if you want your lashes to really stick out.

when it comes to this vs. all the high end mascaras i have, i still find myself reaching for this each time. it really outdoes the NARS, YSL, Marc Jacobs, Buxom, etc. brands. it's cheaper than them, too, so i'd give this a try before going straight to the pricey stuff just because it's high end.

on 12/26/2015 7:08:00 PM

This mascara really lives up to it's claim.... i have monolids which tends to push my short spare lashes downwards....but i'm so suprised after putting 2 coats of this that it really gives me volume and length noticeably...which also keep curls nicely without making my lashes crunchy. And the more i applied the more intense it gets with very little clumps.....I was so happy thinking that i have found my holy grail!! This is the best mascara i have tried after maybe 10 which are all high-end after my all time favorite has discontinued- anna sui super mascara waterproof. I gotta say this mascara actually makes my lashes look thicker and nicer than the anna sui....

BUT the only problem i have with this which is a big one is that it smudges on me within 2 hours.....i literally has to be ready to wipe my under eye every time i go to the washroom....and it's not small smudges...they are in lines form both on my lid and under my eyes which is very noticeable. What a shame.....I am thinking whether i should buy the clarins clear mascara to put on top to see if it can help with the situation but then which means i need to spend another 30 cdn to make this mascara works......Despite this problem....i highly recommend anyone to give this a try!!

Popular Mascaras