Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Waterproof

Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Waterproof

3.6

Isodecane, Microcrystalline wax, C8-9 Isoparaffin, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Carnauba Wax, Water, Propylene Carbonate, Allyl Stearate/VA Copolymer, Lecithin, PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Arginine, Silica, Serine, 2-oleamido-1, 3-octadecanediol, Rayon, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Panthenol, Glutamic Acid, Ethylenediamine/Stearyl dimer dilinoleate Copolymer, polyquaternium-10, Polyvinyl Laurate, Oryza Sativa Starch/Rice Starch, Isobutylparaben, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, [ /- May Contain: CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 77288/Chromium Oxide Greens, CI77289/Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77491, CI77492, CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77510/Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI 77742/Manganese Violet, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, Mica]

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

In a nutshell: it's far too wet, the brush is too big, you can't blink without it smudging on your lower and upper eye area, and it gives a spider-leg looking lash.

on 9/1/2017 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I've been using this mascara for a few months, and I'm very happy with it. The application is fairly wet, so you have plenty of time to add extra coats and brush out any clumping. Once this dries, it's fully waterproof. I've never had it run. It's relatively easy to remove. Most importantly, this mascara makes my wimpy lashes look much better. The price is reasonable. I think I paid around $7.00 dollars for my last tube. I will continue to buy this product.

on 5/20/2017 9:03:00 AM

Yes this is indeed waterproof and will stand up to the sweatiest workouts BUT it's very heavy and sticky on lashes. Hard to get off. Just gave me OK volume but lashes stuck together. Will not buy again.

on 6/16/2017 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I wear waterproof mascara because I need it to hold curl. My lashes are very long but straight so curling is a major part of my routine. This holds the curl I work so hard to achieve but it smudges more than most mascaras I've tried. It seems to be very oil soluble which also makes it easier to take off but the smudging is just not worth it. The brush is also not very user friendly because two sides of it are flat with hardly an bristles so if you accidentally hold that part to you lashes you get a lot of clumping even when you try to brush it out with one of the other sides. It's just too complicated.

This is my favorite go-to mascara!! I have long but very straight, blond eyelashes. Only waterproof formulas hold the curl in my lashes so I must buy wp. I love this mascara because it really does give your lashes a false lash effect. It lengthens my lashes AND adds tons of volume. I love this so much! It also never flakes and its easy to remove (I use garnier micellar water, blue cap).

I like to try new mascaras here and there but I ALWAYS come back to this one.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I'm so sad about this product - not because it's bad but because I can't use it. Functionally, it's brilliant. It goes on smoothly and lasts all day. Being waterproof, it can be a bit difficult to remove but I reckon it would be fine if you used micellar water. The only problem is that it irritates my eyes. I put up with it for a while because it works so well, but I finally just had to stop. :( I don't know if others have experienced the same thing. Such a shame.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I bought this on a whim when my Annabelle mascara was really irritating my left eye and had to remove it.
I like the Volum' Express The Falsies Black Drama but it's not available in a waterproof formula so I got the regular Volum' Express The Falsies waterproof version instead.
I'm glad I got it on sale for $4.99 CAD because this mascara smudges on me. It's definitely not waterproof.
Perhaps I used too much eye cream that morning (anything emollient around the eyes will break down mascara) but suffice to say I wasn't pleased with the smudges towards the end of the day.
Removal was okay with an oil based eye makeup remover. (I just soak a Q-tip in Clinique's take the day off eye makeup remover and stroke the lashes until nearly all of the mascara is gone)

It does keep the curl in place as with other waterproof mascaras but that's the only positive.
It gives great length more than anything else.

Overall, a big miss and no re-purchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've come to realize the mascara I have used for past decade just isn't holding my curl the way I would like and it is time to see what else is out there. I have long, think, dark lashes - my problem is that they are stick straight. Ir really needed a mascara to hold the curl. This one does hold well. It adds volume but not a ton of length. It is a very wet formula. I wish it were a little dryer. I'm not a huge fan of the applicator. It is very big. Even the tip is very big making it hard to get those inner corner lashes without getting the very wet formula all over my eyelid. I also don't like the way the brush is hinged. I feel like I don't have much control.

I really liked this mascara all in all and I will purchase again but will also keep looking.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this as a recommendation from a youtuber because she has short Asian lashes that hardly holds a curl like me. I liked it enough, and the waterproof version did help my eyelashes stay curled. It also made my lashes longer and thicker which was nice.

on 4/13/2017 1:22:00 PM

I LOVE THIS MASCARA IT IS A MUST HAVE especially if you're just starting out with make-up like me. it spares me the time i have to spend battering my lashes with a curler. IT GIVES VOLUME AND DOESN'T CLUMP!! best mascara i've bought so far