Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Waterproof

Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Waterproof

3.6

Isodecane, Microcrystalline wax, C8-9 Isoparaffin, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Carnauba Wax, Water, Propylene Carbonate, Allyl Stearate/VA Copolymer, Lecithin, PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Arginine, Silica, Serine, 2-oleamido-1, 3-octadecanediol, Rayon, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Panthenol, Glutamic Acid, Ethylenediamine/Stearyl dimer dilinoleate Copolymer, polyquaternium-10, Polyvinyl Laurate, Oryza Sativa Starch/Rice Starch, Isobutylparaben, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, [ /- May Contain: CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 77288/Chromium Oxide Greens, CI77289/Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77491, CI77492, CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77510/Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI 77742/Manganese Violet, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, Mica]

on 6/16/2017 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I wear waterproof mascara because I need it to hold curl. My lashes are very long but straight so curling is a major part of my routine. This holds the curl I work so hard to achieve but it smudges more than most mascaras I've tried. It seems to be very oil soluble which also makes it easier to take off but the smudging is just not worth it. The brush is also not very user friendly because two sides of it are flat with hardly an bristles so if you accidentally hold that part to you lashes you get a lot of clumping even when you try to brush it out with one of the other sides. It's just too complicated.

on 5/20/2017 9:03:00 AM

Yes this is indeed waterproof and will stand up to the sweatiest workouts BUT it's very heavy and sticky on lashes. Hard to get off. Just gave me OK volume but lashes stuck together. Will not buy again.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this as a recommendation from a youtuber because she has short Asian lashes that hardly holds a curl like me. I liked it enough, and the waterproof version did help my eyelashes stay curled. It also made my lashes longer and thicker which was nice.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've come to realize the mascara I have used for past decade just isn't holding my curl the way I would like and it is time to see what else is out there. I have long, think, dark lashes - my problem is that they are stick straight. Ir really needed a mascara to hold the curl. This one does hold well. It adds volume but not a ton of length. It is a very wet formula. I wish it were a little dryer. I'm not a huge fan of the applicator. It is very big. Even the tip is very big making it hard to get those inner corner lashes without getting the very wet formula all over my eyelid. I also don't like the way the brush is hinged. I feel like I don't have much control.

I really liked this mascara all in all and I will purchase again but will also keep looking.

on 4/13/2017 1:22:00 PM

I LOVE THIS MASCARA IT IS A MUST HAVE especially if you're just starting out with make-up like me. it spares me the time i have to spend battering my lashes with a curler. IT GIVES VOLUME AND DOESN'T CLUMP!! best mascara i've bought so far

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I bought this on a whim when my Annabelle mascara was really irritating my left eye and had to remove it.
I like the Volum' Express The Falsies Black Drama but it's not available in a waterproof formula so I got the regular Volum' Express The Falsies waterproof version instead.
I'm glad I got it on sale for $4.99 CAD because this mascara smudges on me. It's definitely not waterproof.
Perhaps I used too much eye cream that morning (anything emollient around the eyes will break down mascara) but suffice to say I wasn't pleased with the smudges towards the end of the day.
Removal was okay with an oil based eye makeup remover. (I just soak a Q-tip in Clinique's take the day off eye makeup remover and stroke the lashes until nearly all of the mascara is gone)

It does keep the curl in place as with other waterproof mascaras but that's the only positive.
It gives great length more than anything else.

Overall, a big miss and no re-purchase.

on 10/6/2016 1:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

My favorite mascara! I love how it gives me length, curl, and separates my eyelashes so well without clumping. This mascara doesn't smudge at all and last, like, all day even after i washed my face and took a nap with it. The only cons of this mascara are, it doesn't really give me the volume i expected and you should wait for a while to add some more layer to avoid clumping. But it does give me the great lashes look as everyone keeps on complimenting my lashes.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This is my hg mascara. It does everything I need it to do. keeps my lashes curled gives me length and volume and out doesn't smudge. I've never used a mascara that didn't smudge on my bottom lashes til I tried this one. It even lives up to its falsies name, my mom keeps asking me if I'm wearing false lashes. It's just this mascara!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Holy grail mascara. The wand doesn't hurt when I apply and it curls and volumes my thin, straight lashes very well. It does smudge a bit if I fall asleep with it on, but other than that it will not smudge or flake. The formula is not too wet when you open it and it doesn't make my lashes feel crunchy but holds the curl all day. It does dry out fairly quickly, in around 2 months, and the tube is a little smaller so you do get less product, but mascara should be replaced relatively often anyway to avoid a nasty eye infection. This also makes it more travel friendly if you're looking for more free space in your makeup bag.

Definitely recommend this mascara. Great cheap, everyday mascara for us ladies with more frail lashes.

on 2/14/2016 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Excellent mascara for short lashes.