LUSH Full of Grace Serum Bar

LUSH Full of Grace Serum Bar
Full of Grace Serum Bar

4.2

Murumuru Butter (Astrocaryum murumuru), Calamine Powder, Cupuacu Butter (Theobroma grandiflorum), Fresh Rose Petal Infusion (Rosa damascena), Organic Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis), Perfume, Fresh Portobello Mushrooms (Agaricus bisporus), Chamomile Blue Oil (Matricaria chamomilla), Rose Oil (Rosa damascena), Tagetes Oil (Tagetes minuta), *Eugenol, *Geraniol, *Benzyl Benzoate, *Benzyl Cinnamate, *Citronellol, *Farnesol, *Limonene, *Linalool

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I completely second the rave reviews about how this bar makes skin radiant and all that goodness! It's greasy, but so good, and it doesn't break me out. That really depends on what ingredients work for each person's skin, though, so I feel like I really lucked out in that aspect.

Moreso, I want to discuss two other ways I love to use this product, besides as a serum for my face:

1) I use this as an in-shower treatment. I got the whole spheal about using this under a mask, but I would much prefer to just take in all the benefits of the mask without having Full of Grace interfere in any way. But, if I'm taking a long, steamy shower, I like to apply a generous amount of this to my face, to the point where I definitely feel a little greasy. And I put a thick coat of vaseline or papaw or carmex on my lips as well. The steam from the shower really makes this sink into my skin, and it also protects my skin from getting too dried out from hot water because I have a weakness for hot showers, sue me!

2) EYE CREAM. There was this one week where I just wasn't feeling my regular eye gel-cream for whatever reason. I think I was just craving a more dewy, oil-based moisture under my eyes instead of the hydrating/plumping, but oil-free finish of my usual product. I rubbed both of my ring fingertips on the bar and tapped this under my eyes, and I have been hooked ever since! This is great if you're going for that dewy, moisturized, translucent look, and it prevents my undereye concealer from getting too matte.

on 4/26/2017 4:15:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I'm not a huge fan of Lush. I went through my Lush phase years ago, and only came away with a handful of products that I would considering re-buying.
I picked this serum bar up a couple weeks ago and wasn't expecting much, but it's actually pretty decent, although overpriced.

PROS: It's soothing and really does help with toning down redness. That's simply due to the high amount of calamine powder, which is zinc and ferric oxides. I use other creams with Zinc and experience the same results. This explains why so many reviewers are mentioning it helps with redness, acne and irritated skin patches. Zinc, people, is great stuff. But it can be drying as well.
It's not as greasy as putting straight oils on my face, I apply a few swipes, massage, and the initial greasiness is gone within about 15 minutes. So for me, it's better under any makeup than my normal face oils, provided I give it time to dry down.
I really like the overall finish is leaves on the skin, it's glowy but not greasy, and my skin does appear a bit plumped up.
CONS: It smells a bit odd, needs to be stored in a cool place, and it's overpriced.

I will most likely repurchase because I am enjoying the results.

I am using this to try to fade my dark mark acne scars. It makes my face greasy right after the application and takes a long time to sink in, but the next day I wake up to glowing nourished skin! So worth it! It is packed with wonderful ingredients: tropical butters, chamomile, and antioxident mushroom extract. So lovely! It can melt if placed in a hot car or house, so be careful. It's nice to get a tin to store it in, but I just keep mine in a ziplock bag. I try to use it a couple times a week at least to give my skin a nice treat.

on 1/7/2017 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

There's something about this...maybe the delicate pink color...that seems as "graceful" as a ballerina. I would have expected a ballerina bar to smell like roses, though. This smells like lavender and calamine. It smells "medicinal", but not at all offputting. This is a very tiny (Lush soaps are 5x larger) little bar that looks like vintage Camay soap. Technically, this is a "serum" because it does not contain occlusives and its liquid content is minimal. Liquid serums, in my experience, tend to have faster absorption into skin than lotions or creams, but that's not the case with Full of Grace. This is much more of a "rich cream" than a serum to my skin. It's full of thick moisturizing butters and oils, and it doesn't contain a drop of dimethicone. This melts very easily, so if you purchase it, make sure you get it into a ziplock bag or a little container right away. Cooling it down stops the melting, but, because this is slow to absorb, I feel like I waste more than I would like. This is the best thing ever for bacne! My hair is longer these days, and that, along with covering up in January, exacerbates break-outs on my back. I can reach the cysts with this little bar in hand, so I swipe it on the eruptions and they instantly feel soothed. This seems to shrink them faster than if I applied nothing, and it takes away any itch or sting they may cause. In the end, it's likely it helps stop scarring. I like Full of Grace around my eyes, at night, too. For cracking skin on hands, and dryness anywhere, it's immediate relief. I haven't had the chance to try this on insect bites yet, but I'm sure I will, and I think it's going to be amazing.

on 10/6/2016 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have acne prone combination skin, with an oily t-zone that also gets dry in the winter. I generally get a bit of surface dryness during the winter months, as well as flaky dryness on my chin and nose, and I was set on treating it before it really set in with this serum bar. Looking at the ingredient list, it looks packed full of conditioning and moisturizing ingredients - murumuru butter, capuacu butter, fresh rose petal infusion, almond oil, portabello mushrooms, rose oil… I’ve been using this at nights for about three weeks, paired with my rather rich night cream (Swedish brand Emma S’ Moisturising Night Cream), and I expected to wake up with really hydrated and plump skin in the morning. At first, that’s exactly what my skin felt like.

I’d go to bed looking like a total oil slick but feeling like I was really taking care of my skin, and wake up with plump and smooth skin. Sadly, I feel like the effect somewhat wore off with time. Either that, or autumn really kicked in and put this serum bar to the test for the first time about two weeks into my use of the bar. My skin feels good when I first wake up, but when I wash my face (or just wipe it off with a toner drenched cotton pad, if I’m lazy) in the morning it’s like I wash away the effect of the serum bar as well. I can clearly see some surface dryness, and the past few days, even flaky dryness on my nose. Frankly, it’s still quite mild outside, the real cold is yet to come, and I didn’t expect to be this dry already at this point. I don’t know what it is with this serum bar, because I feel like in theory it should be giving me an intense moisture boost, but it just doesn’t.

I don’t want to sound like I hate this product, because I really don’t. I love how natural it is, and how soothing. I’d lump it together with other Lush products like the Aqua Marina cleanser and the Fresh Pharmacy facial soap – all very gentle and soothing. If you’re not very dry and want a really soothing serum oil I think this could be a great choice. And from what I read of other people’s reviews, this could even work out for people with dry skin. For some reason it just didn’t give me the moisture kick that I was searching for.

I’m already at least half way through the bar, so I’ll definitely use it up within the next few weeks. After that I don’t think I’ll repurchase at least for the time being, but who knows – skin is ever-changing and I’m not opposed to trying this out at a later date to see if I’ll have better luck with it then. Again, I want to stress that it’s not a bad product just because it didn’t do what I hoped it would.

+ Cruelty free
+ Natural – and I mean completely natural! There’s not a single synthetic in this product, not even a preservative (apparently tagetes oil works as an antimicrobial and antifungus). Well done, Lush!
+ Really soothing – I see a trend with Lush’s products with Calamine powder working out really well for me and my easily stressed out skin
+ Sustainable, “naked" product – no packaging, no waste

- Sustainability in all of its glory – for my face products I’m really looking for them to be hygienic, and this isn’t. I do not rub the bar on my face as suggested by Lush, but rather melt it in clean hands and then apply it to my face. But it’s still not very hygienic to use and store a bar like this.
- This goes quickly – and at £8.25 for 20g of products, it's actually quite pricy
- Again, wasn’t as deeply moisturizing as I would've hoped

on 9/6/2016 6:55:00 PM

As much as I wanted to like this, it broke me out in huge cystic acne. I'm so dissapointed, cause it made my skin look and feel amazing, just broke me out super bad. Maybe it was the almond oil in the bar

on 8/13/2016 6:06:00 AM

I`ve been using this for the last month by alternating it with my SKII serum, and I am really surprised at how well this works. I mean SKII is my HG and when I wake up after a night of it my face looks wonderful: plump, small pores, no spots, radiance. Someone gave me this Lush bar as a gift, so because I was afraid it would go bad if I waited to use it after my SKII ran out, I`ve started alternating it. I didn`t expect that I would wake up from the Lush serum and look just as good as my SKII! That was a huge shock, esp.because it goes on greasy and I was afraid it would break me out or clog my pores. Nothing of the kind, and I love the fragrance, too. Someone on here said they would purchase a perfume with this scent if it was available, and I find myself grudgingly agreeing. Mushrooms, who would`ve guessed.

on 7/17/2016 9:46:00 AM

I love this! I recently purchased this serum and haven't been using it for too long, but i find that if I leave it on over night i wake up the next morning with the best looking skin i've ever had. It looks healthy, hydrated and has a smooth texture. It really is the best and it's cool that the bar is designed to "melt" only at contact with our normal body temperature. The only thing is that the packaging isn't the best. I bought the bar and a tin can lush sold separately for storage reasons.

on 7/6/2016 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Well, it's definitely very moisturizing and my skin feels great once it's soaked in, but I think it's irritating my skin and breaking me out. I'll try it a few more times and decide, because it was expensive and I don't want to waste it...

I really love this serum bar and will buy it again. My skin is thin and tends to be dry and I have been using it day and night. I've used it about a week and love the results! My skin is moist and plumper. I love that it is natural ingredients too. I have even noticed that my makeup stays on longer when I use the serum.

Others have said it was too greasy and maybe because I am older, my skin tends to soak up the moisture more than someone in their 20's or 30's and I don't find it greasy at all.

The only downside to using the serum is that it seems to go fairly quickly and the application process isn't sanitary. I've been using it a week and it is half the size already but at about $16 each, I can afford $30 a month for the serum. I wish it came in a large lipstick type tube because it think it would be more sanitary for applying it and storing it.