LUSH Full of Grace Serum Bar

LUSH Full of Grace Serum Bar

4.2

Murumuru Butter (Astrocaryum murumuru), Calamine Powder, Cupuacu Butter (Theobroma grandiflorum), Fresh Rose Petal Infusion (Rosa damascena), Organic Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis), Perfume, Fresh Portobello Mushrooms (Agaricus bisporus), Chamomile Blue Oil (Matricaria chamomilla), Rose Oil (Rosa damascena), Tagetes Oil (Tagetes minuta), *Eugenol, *Geraniol, *Benzyl Benzoate, *Benzyl Cinnamate, *Citronellol, *Farnesol, *Limonene, *Linalool

on 10/6/2016 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have acne prone combination skin, with an oily t-zone that also gets dry in the winter. I generally get a bit of surface dryness during the winter months, as well as flaky dryness on my chin and nose, and I was set on treating it before it really set in with this serum bar. Looking at the ingredient list, it looks packed full of conditioning and moisturizing ingredients - murumuru butter, capuacu butter, fresh rose petal infusion, almond oil, portabello mushrooms, rose oil… I’ve been using this at nights for about three weeks, paired with my rather rich night cream (Swedish brand Emma S’ Moisturising Night Cream), and I expected to wake up with really hydrated and plump skin in the morning. At first, that’s exactly what my skin felt like.

I’d go to bed looking like a total oil slick but feeling like I was really taking care of my skin, and wake up with plump and smooth skin. Sadly, I feel like the effect somewhat wore off with time. Either that, or autumn really kicked in and put this serum bar to the test for the first time about two weeks into my use of the bar. My skin feels good when I first wake up, but when I wash my face (or just wipe it off with a toner drenched cotton pad, if I’m lazy) in the morning it’s like I wash away the effect of the serum bar as well. I can clearly see some surface dryness, and the past few days, even flaky dryness on my nose. Frankly, it’s still quite mild outside, the real cold is yet to come, and I didn’t expect to be this dry already at this point. I don’t know what it is with this serum bar, because I feel like in theory it should be giving me an intense moisture boost, but it just doesn’t.

I don’t want to sound like I hate this product, because I really don’t. I love how natural it is, and how soothing. I’d lump it together with other Lush products like the Aqua Marina cleanser and the Fresh Pharmacy facial soap – all very gentle and soothing. If you’re not very dry and want a really soothing serum oil I think this could be a great choice. And from what I read of other people’s reviews, this could even work out for people with dry skin. For some reason it just didn’t give me the moisture kick that I was searching for.

I’m already at least half way through the bar, so I’ll definitely use it up within the next few weeks. After that I don’t think I’ll repurchase at least for the time being, but who knows – skin is ever-changing and I’m not opposed to trying this out at a later date to see if I’ll have better luck with it then. Again, I want to stress that it’s not a bad product just because it didn’t do what I hoped it would.

+ Cruelty free
+ Natural – and I mean completely natural! There’s not a single synthetic in this product, not even a preservative (apparently tagetes oil works as an antimicrobial and antifungus). Well done, Lush!
+ Really soothing – I see a trend with Lush’s products with Calamine powder working out really well for me and my easily stressed out skin
+ Sustainable, “naked" product – no packaging, no waste

- Sustainability in all of its glory – for my face products I’m really looking for them to be hygienic, and this isn’t. I do not rub the bar on my face as suggested by Lush, but rather melt it in clean hands and then apply it to my face. But it’s still not very hygienic to use and store a bar like this.
- This goes quickly – and at £8.25 for 20g of products, it's actually quite pricy
- Again, wasn’t as deeply moisturizing as I would've hoped

on 9/6/2016 6:55:00 PM

As much as I wanted to like this, it broke me out in huge cystic acne. I'm so dissapointed, cause it made my skin look and feel amazing, just broke me out super bad. Maybe it was the almond oil in the bar

on 8/13/2016 6:06:00 AM

I`ve been using this for the last month by alternating it with my SKII serum, and I am really surprised at how well this works. I mean SKII is my HG and when I wake up after a night of it my face looks wonderful: plump, small pores, no spots, radiance. Someone gave me this Lush bar as a gift, so because I was afraid it would go bad if I waited to use it after my SKII ran out, I`ve started alternating it. I didn`t expect that I would wake up from the Lush serum and look just as good as my SKII! That was a huge shock, esp.because it goes on greasy and I was afraid it would break me out or clog my pores. Nothing of the kind, and I love the fragrance, too. Someone on here said they would purchase a perfume with this scent if it was available, and I find myself grudgingly agreeing. Mushrooms, who would`ve guessed.

on 7/17/2016 9:46:00 AM

I love this! I recently purchased this serum and haven't been using it for too long, but i find that if I leave it on over night i wake up the next morning with the best looking skin i've ever had. It looks healthy, hydrated and has a smooth texture. It really is the best and it's cool that the bar is designed to "melt" only at contact with our normal body temperature. The only thing is that the packaging isn't the best. I bought the bar and a tin can lush sold separately for storage reasons.

on 7/6/2016 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Well, it's definitely very moisturizing and my skin feels great once it's soaked in, but I think it's irritating my skin and breaking me out. I'll try it a few more times and decide, because it was expensive and I don't want to waste it...

I really love this serum bar and will buy it again. My skin is thin and tends to be dry and I have been using it day and night. I've used it about a week and love the results! My skin is moist and plumper. I love that it is natural ingredients too. I have even noticed that my makeup stays on longer when I use the serum.

Others have said it was too greasy and maybe because I am older, my skin tends to soak up the moisture more than someone in their 20's or 30's and I don't find it greasy at all.

The only downside to using the serum is that it seems to go fairly quickly and the application process isn't sanitary. I've been using it a week and it is half the size already but at about $16 each, I can afford $30 a month for the serum. I wish it came in a large lipstick type tube because it think it would be more sanitary for applying it and storing it.

on 5/9/2016 2:48:00 AM

I do like that the full of grace serum is made from natural ingredients and contains no alcohol or at least I think it doesn't. It's quite easy to apply as well. You can either rub the bar straight onto your face (although it may be a bit unsanitary if you have active breakouts) or warm it up in your hands and then apply to your face.

It feels quite greasy when you first apply it but the smell is pleasant.

I've been using it a couple times a week for just over two weeks now (at night) and I feel like it has actually made my skin more drier and almost flaky. When I apply foundation over my usual moisturizer, it looks a bit cakey which I think is because of the product drying my skin.

This bar also doesn't come in its own tin/ jar (you literally only get the bar wrapped in lush's paper packaging).

Overall, I do not think it has improved my skin or acne problems so I will not be repurchasing!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This one didnt work for me. I aplied this at night after toner and before moisturizer and was a greasy mess and made my skin itchy so i suppose im allergic to something in it?but what really disapointed me was that i woke up next day with my skin feeling deshidrated and tight. I dont know how it did it but it counteracted the effect of my moisturizer? Its the weirdest thing ever!! Waste of money. Obviously wont repurchase

on 5/5/2016 1:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been dealing with tight, dry skin these last few months and decided to try this serum bar after hearing about it from a friend. My dry spots disappeared the next morning. Amazing! I rub the bar in my hands to warm, and rub all over my dry spots. This is a bit greasy, so I only use this at night either alone or sometimes with argan oil. My skin is moisturized and bouncy the next morning! I'm really excited I found this product.

Pros:
Incredibly hydrating
Can be used alone as a night serum
Smells amazing! (Lush should make this scent in a solid perfume; I LOVE IT)
Cruelty-free

Cons:
Small size (I'll see how many uses I get out of this)

on 4/14/2016 1:11:00 PM

Amazing! I have tried everything for the redness/flakiness that seems to be nearly constant on my nose. I was given a very tiny sample at my LUSH store when I mentioned this problem to the salesperson and I was extremely skeptical about it but after using up the sample, which I applied sometimes twice a day and it still lasted over a week!, I went back and bought the full bar. No product has ever worked for the flakiness like this one has, and I have tried almost everything!

After only the first use, my flakiness almost completely disappeared and the redness was really reduced. It applies a lot like their massage bars, it melts onto the skin very quickly. The texture feels oily but it really packs a moisture punch! It feels extremely soothing while it sinks in and if you rub it in circular motions it balls up any dry skin or flakes on the surface. No breakouts, nor did it worsen blackheads for me. I use it every time my skin so much as threatens to dry out and it always remedies the problem. The bar itself will probably last several months, you really don't need much!

Highly highly recommend if you are prone to dryness, flakiness or redness. It's a miracle product!