3.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

18 years ago

I just received this in a swap and I adore it! What a gorgeous colour. I honestly haven't found any problems with the consistency, staying power, or scent of this gloss. I'm always on the hunt for that elusive "perfect" red, and this is as close as I have come. I really think that on some people this will show up as a real red, while on others it may look to be infused with more pink or wine tones. On me it's a bit of a wine-enhanced colour, but still red nonetheless. The consistency is just right: not too thick and syrupy, but not thin and watery either. It spreads very evenly on my lips, which is great for such a dark shade. I really think my lips are the true test of an item like this, because they are very full (VERY full *sigh*) and if something looks good, it's really quite an achievement. To the point, I love this gloss!

About reviewer (901 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Other, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesBrown

2.0

18 years ago

It is not that RED! The colour is very nice but it is not so red.... at least on my lips. The effect is nice too, but it is not very lasting and in addition I agree with the comments, the brush is awful. You must use a lip pencil of a similar colour (I have ano old one from Max factor) otherwise the result is very imprecise, and distribute the color with another brush. Not very practical.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

EyesHazel

18 years ago

A great, *true* red. The smell doesn't bother me too much. It's also not that costly considering you need a very tiny amount. It leaves an opaque glossy finish, like liquid lipstick. It is long wearing, and leaves a nice, soft red stain when it finally does begin to wear. My favorite (and only, after trying several) red.

About reviewer (203 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesBrown

1.0

18 years ago

i liked the color, but the consistency and the taste were just awful. for an oh-so-glamourous shimmery red color, i'm better off with urban decay's "gash" lipstick, which tastes better and is much easier to apply.

About reviewer (244 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairRed, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

3.0

18 years ago

the colour is gorgeous - a bright shimmery red. the smell is not nice but bearable. however, i find it really difficult to apply it precisely both because of the strange consistency (too fluid, i think) & that useless brush which is much too soft.

About reviewer (115 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

19 years ago

I am so shy about wearing red colors. I'm shocked that I bought this. This color is a true blue based drop dead red. Very 50's Hollywood Glamour. As we all know there is a fine line between trashy reds and glamourous reds. So Horray for Mac on this color! Not good for the office (I guess it depends on your job though *LOL*) but lovely for a night on the town! The taste doesn't bother me so much. I can see how people would be bothered by it though. The product is highly pigmented and has excellent coverage. I would recommend using your own lip brush though :)

About reviewer (889 reviews)

SkinCombination

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

1.0

19 years ago

I absolutely HATED this lacquer. It's a very pretty red with tons of shine, but, VERY sticky and very hard to apply with that stupid brush that was built in. I LOVE my Chanel Glossimer in Pulsar alot more. It's exactly the same color, but, much more easier to apply and not goopy and sloppy.

About reviewer (297 reviews)

SkinCombination

HairBrown

19 years ago

If you want knock-em-dead Marilyn Monroe-esque lips, this is the color. It's bright, fire-engine red with a little shimmer, and it applies to the lips like melted lipstick. I love the brush applicator, and the tube has a generous amount of product. The SA promised the Lacquers WILL get the vanilla scent, and that we can exchange in the funky-smelling ones, if we want. I had a problem with bleeding around my lipline, and the SA said it was due to the kind of red pigment used--I'd suggest a clear lipliner or some other method to keep the color in place.

About reviewer (169 reviews)

SkinNormal