3.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

10 years ago

This is probably the most beautiful red for lips that I've personally ever worn. I am very much a neutral/mauve/natural girl; so I rarely wear red unless I need to "jazz" up an all-black outfit. But this color, from the moment I tried it, works perfectly for me. I feel comfortable wearing it for any occasion. It's certainly striking but not in a clownish way. It has incredible lasting power - for me, it almost works like a stain. The shine is not a glassy shine, and the shimmer is not a disco glitter. Just a pretty, sophisticated varnish with lots of allure.

About reviewer (59 reviews)

SkinOily, Tan, Cool

HairBlack, Curly, Coarse

10 years ago

I purchased this from my CCO in January. Hated it at first but then something told me to test it again and I love it. Red lipsticks always make me look like a clown, lol. But not this one. It's got a slight warm undertone which is good for me being as though I am olive. Just the right amount of shine and highly pigmented. No need to wear this over a lipstick because it has so much color on it's own. I will be buying a back-up soon!

About reviewer (47 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Dark, Warm

HairBrown, Kinky, Medium

3.0

11 years ago

Eh. That's about the best I can say for this. It was okay, I guess. I bought it because the color truly is lovely, especially against my fair-medium, yellow-toned skin. The formula, however, left much to be desired, in my humble opinion. Meaning - it dried the heck out of my lips. I also found the brush a little difficult to use - I had trouble keeping the lipgloss from going outside the lines. I tend to LOVE MAC lip products but I would never buy this kind again.

About reviewer (194 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

12 years ago

I LOVE this gloss! It's a full color bright red on me (I have fairly colored lips anyways and ALWAYS wear reds) it doesn't feel sticky but isn't so runny that I have a whole lot of issues with it bleeding. It doesn't have the vanilla smell of other MAC glosses but that's ok because the color is awesome!

About reviewer (44 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

12 years ago

This is my first and only MAC lacquer lip gloss, but I do like it. It's a cherry red that looks great on top of my red lipsticks and even on MAC O lipstick.

About reviewer (146 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

13 years ago

This is the best gloss ever. Wonderful cherry red with a high plastic finish. Gorgeous to wear over red lipsticks. I absolutely adore this product, it didn't make my lips real sticky, and it wasn't heavy.

About reviewer (230 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBlack

EyesHazel

13 years ago

The MAC site says: "Shade description: Vivid intense bluish-red with red shimmer" </BR></BR> I say: well, this is my first MAC lacquer, and I was disappointed that it didn't have the lovely vanilla scent and taste that I've become so addicted to with MAC lip products - instead this smells/tastes kinda powdery/flowery. Once I'd got over that initial disappointment, I found this to be a useful lip product which I've worn quite a lot, either on it's own or over MAC lipsticks. It's a slightly transparent, sheeny cherry colour with a nice "plastic"-shine finish - more pink on me than the site description would suggest. It's nice over Ruby Woo lipstick, which it kinda matches, and curiously, absolutely GORGEOUS over Lady Danger - which is a VERY orange-toned matte red - the splash of sheeny pinkiness over that lipstick warms it up and tones the orange down a bit, and makes for a complex and unique combo. </BR></BR>Probably wouldn't buy this again, though - there are other red lipglosses out there that do the same job and aren't quite so expensive. It just wasn't "special" or "luxurious" enough to merit the purchase price at the end of the day.

About reviewer (300 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairRed

EyesHazel

14 years ago

This is an unbelievably gorgeous high-shine shimmery red with blue and pink undertones. Blotted down to a stain, it is the color of freshly bitten, cranberry-stained lips -- which is always what I look for. The intensity of the formula allows for long wear, and it has moisturizers so my lips won't dry out. Will definitely buy again.

About reviewer (226 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

3.0

15 years ago

To me, this is a light to medium red shimmer color that would go good, over a dark lipstick, if you wanted to tone down a dark color. I wanted to like it, but it's not dark enough for my tan skin. I wouldn't buy it again.

About reviewer (24 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOily

HairBlack

15 years ago

First off: this isn't a "true red" by any stretch of the imagination, so don't bother with this if that's what you're looking for. That being said, this is a completely beautiful deep blue-based metallic red that I think would look particularly excellent on people with extreme coloring (either very dark or very light). I'm a blue-white PPP myself and this is my Holy Grail high-glam lip look for all time. Like all Lacquers, this goes on thick and goopy and makes your lips look like wet vinyl. I have never had problems with the color bleeding, and I never bother using lipliner. It chews off after a while, as all high-gloss lip color will, but compared to others in its class, Lacquers have got some serious staying power. They are also, oddly enough, very moisturizing. My lips always feel awesome after wearing this.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

SkinDry