4.1

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 months ago

I never thought to try this fragrance, as usually aquatic fragrances give me a headache. However, I got a sample of it and decided to give it a try. Wow! It's so citrusy, fresh and clean smelling. It's the perfect out of the shower scent that lingers the whole day. I really like it. I picked up the 100ml at Costco for $69 CAD which is a great deal considering it costs $140 CAD for 100ml at Sephora.

About reviewer (446 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

a year ago

This is definitely a minty, sweet mojito in a bottle. Although this is a refreshing scent, I think Acqua di Gioia might be a bit too strong on those super hot summer days (like 90+ degrees with 100% humidity). But for most spring and summer days this is quite nice. I find Acqua di Gioia longer lasting than most of the citrus fresh fragrances (Light Blue, Versace Bright Crystal, etc). I get about 7-8 hours on skin. It lasts on clothes until you wash them. Next to MAC Turquatic, Acqua di Gioia is my favorite citrus fresh scent. Plus I think the bottle and advertisement are great.

About reviewer (68 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Fine

2 years ago

This smells fresh and clean (without smelling like laundry) and light, perfect for summer. Not too youthful or too overtly beachy. I would definitely repurchase if it were cruelty free.

About reviewer (361 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Curly, Other

2 years ago

Why did I hold out on buying this for so long? My love story with this fragrance began when I smelled a test strip in a magazine when I was 13. I since tried it out in-store so many times on tester cards wanting to love it because I love the beach and the name intrigued me, but always finding it too intensely fresh almost like a men's cologne. I finally tried it on my skin and I LOVE it! It's light, mildly feminine and fresh, but yet lingers pleasantly for hours. It smells like a cool ocean breeze in a bottle. The notes aren't necessarily inspired by Italy, but for me it's like I'm 15 again, visiting the tiny southern Italian oceanside town my family is from, so foreign yet so familiar and so free.

About reviewer (130 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

4 years ago

I received this fragrance as a gift 4 years ago and fell MADLY in love with it. The smell is light, fresh, intoxicating and lasts all day. I wear this fragrance daily and there isn't a day that passes without someone raving about how good I smell. There truly are not enough stars to give this fragrance a correct rating as it is off the charts amazing to me.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrunette

4 years ago

Lovely scented fragrance, smells like fresh air and a day at the beach. Strong enough to linger without being offensive or nauseating, yet subtle enough to keep interest. This is a wonderful light perfume for summer, or vacationing anywhere tropical. It reminds me of Davidoff Cool Water, not a dupe but similar in the clean fresh air / ocean breeze scent. I'm not as sophisticated as some perfume reviewers but I know what I like and I like this very much. If you are looking for a change from spicy/musky or floral perfumes, this is a great choice.

About reviewer (951 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

4 years ago

This is by far my favorite go-to signature scent for every day. Bottom line if you're looking for a sexy statement maker you're in the wrong place. Acqua Di Gioia is beautiful but its very similar to the fresh out of the shower, clean and light scent of Dolce and Gabbana Light Blue or MAC Turquatic. Feminine, sexy or girly aren't the first words that come to mind when I smell this. Well..maybe a bit sexy. It has notes of jasmine, mint, lemon, pink pepper, sugar, peony and cedar. It's vey refreshing, clean, aquatic, slightly citrusy and very easy to wear. To me the notes that come through the most are the jasmine, lemon and cedar. The mint is there as well but it's not what I expected or feared. It's not an overwhelming, sweet candy cane like mint. It's hardly noticeable, it just gives the fragrance that uplifting, fresh feel. It's like a mojito in a bottle! This is a lot stronger than Dolce and Gabbana Light Blue, the lasting power is much better and it is a bit deeper. Dolce and Gabbana lasted 2 hrs on me if I was lucky, Acqua Di Gioia lasts a good 6-8 or so. It's not too heavy for work or school. This fragrance could also be called the non-unisex version of Calvin Klein The One. This one is a bit more feminine than The One but they have a similar feel. I got my 1 oz bottle at Ulta for 48 dollars, so it's kinda pricy but worth every penny. It can be worn any season and any time of day but I would call it a daytime summer/spring fragrance for reference. All in all this is my favorite every day scent, I don't ever question putting it on, it never lets me down! TLDR; Description: Clean, Aquatic, Citrus Scent Notes: lemon and mint (top) peony, jasmine (middle) sugar and cedar (bottom) Lasting power: 9/10, lasts about 6-8 hrs Silage: 8/10, not too strong but it doesn't fade fast either. Price: 1oz (48 dollars) 1.7oz (70 dollars) 3.4oz (90 dollars) Packaging: 10/10 Availability: ulta, Sephora, target. Not widely available at drugstores. Season Category: Spring/Summer Daytime Comparable to: Dolce and Gabbana Light Blue, MAC Turquatic, Calvin Klein The One. THESE ARE NOT DUPES, they just are in the same category of scent.

About reviewer (154 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Tan, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

2.0

4 years ago

This starts out very sharp, floral and soapy with none of the aquatic scent I was hoping for. Acqua di Gio is my favorite scent period and has many memories attached to it. I've actually worn a small amount of it during winter because it is so comforting to me. I was hoping for something similar but lighter and more feminine. Perhaps my nose isn't is refined as it used to be. Four hours later my friend commented that it was actually quite nice now and it hadn't bothered her allergies, but it was just too floral to suit anyone under 50. I sort of agree with her; it feels aged. 6 hours later it is still on my skin and I was happy to find that the cedar that is so pronounced on the dry down of its male counterpart is at the forefront. They smell almost exactly the same. However, that's not worth the 3 hours it takes to cool down and meld to become less sharp and floral. The staying power and complexity on this is amazing for whom it suits, but that's not me. I wanted to like this. I really did.

About reviewer (56 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

5 years ago

Bought this duty free at the airport in Cabo, leaving after a month and needed a new summer scent...I love this. Get a lot of compliments when I wear it. I was walking by a jean jacket I had worn weeks ago and it smelled so wonderful...yes it was this perfume. I couldn't stop smelling my coat. A new summer fav, bought at my most favorite 2nd place in the world.....yep, I'll be wearing this forever!!!!

About reviewer (18 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Olive, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesGray

5 years ago

The packaging offers a true reflection of the product. Its very hard to go wrong with Armani and this is no exception. Fresh,kind of sweet musky(oxymoron I know) and very summery. I was given this by Andrea a friend who didn't like it- Delighted, as I would have never gone for a perfume this fresh myself!

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Cool