Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gioia EDP

Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gioia EDP

4.1

I received this fragrance as a gift 4 years ago and fell MADLY in love with it. The smell is light, fresh, intoxicating and lasts all day. I wear this fragrance daily and there isn't a day that passes without someone raving about how good I smell. There truly are not enough stars to give this fragrance a correct rating as it is off the charts amazing to me.

Lovely scented fragrance, smells like fresh air and a day at the beach. Strong enough to linger without being offensive or nauseating, yet subtle enough to keep interest. This is a wonderful light perfume for summer, or vacationing anywhere tropical. It reminds me of Davidoff Cool Water, not a dupe but similar in the clean fresh air / ocean breeze scent. I'm not as sophisticated as some perfume reviewers but I know what I like and I like this very much. If you are looking for a change from spicy/musky or floral perfumes, this is a great choice.

To Read all 117 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/24/2016 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This is by far my favorite go-to signature scent for every day. Bottom line if you're looking for a sexy statement maker you're in the wrong place. Acqua Di Gioia is beautiful but its very similar to the fresh out of the shower, clean and light scent of Dolce and Gabbana Light Blue or MAC Turquatic. Feminine, sexy or girly aren't the first words that come to mind when I smell this. Well..maybe a bit sexy. It has notes of jasmine, mint, lemon, pink pepper, sugar, peony and cedar. It's vey refreshing, clean, aquatic, slightly citrusy and very easy to wear. To me the notes that come through the most are the jasmine, lemon and cedar. The mint is there as well but it's not what I expected or feared. It's not an overwhelming, sweet candy cane like mint. It's hardly noticeable, it just gives the fragrance that uplifting, fresh feel. It's like a mojito in a bottle! This is a lot stronger than Dolce and Gabbana Light Blue, the lasting power is much better and it is a bit deeper. Dolce and Gabbana lasted 2 hrs on me if I was lucky, Acqua Di Gioia lasts a good 6-8 or so. It's not too heavy for work or school. This fragrance could also be called the non-unisex version of Calvin Klein The One. This one is a bit more feminine than The One but they have a similar feel. I got my 1 oz bottle at Ulta for 48 dollars, so it's kinda pricy but worth every penny. It can be worn any season and any time of day but I would call it a daytime summer/spring fragrance for reference. All in all this is my favorite every day scent, I don't ever question putting it on, it never lets me down!

TLDR;
Description: Clean, Aquatic, Citrus Scent
Notes: lemon and mint (top) peony, jasmine (middle) sugar and cedar (bottom)
Lasting power: 9/10, lasts about 6-8 hrs
Silage: 8/10, not too strong but it doesn't fade fast either.
Price: 1oz (48 dollars) 1.7oz (70 dollars) 3.4oz (90 dollars)
Packaging: 10/10
Availability: ulta, Sephora, target. Not widely available at drugstores.
Season Category: Spring/Summer Daytime
Comparable to: Dolce and Gabbana Light Blue, MAC Turquatic, Calvin Klein The One. THESE ARE NOT DUPES, they just are in the same category of scent.

on 11/14/2015 3:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This starts out very sharp, floral and soapy with none of the aquatic scent I was hoping for. Acqua di Gio is my favorite scent period and has many memories attached to it. I've actually worn a small amount of it during winter because it is so comforting to me. I was hoping for something similar but lighter and more feminine. Perhaps my nose isn't is refined as it used to be. Four hours later my friend commented that it was actually quite nice now and it hadn't bothered her allergies, but it was just too floral to suit anyone under 50. I sort of agree with her; it feels aged. 6 hours later it is still on my skin and I was happy to find that the cedar that is so pronounced on the dry down of its male counterpart is at the forefront. They smell almost exactly the same. However, that's not worth the 3 hours it takes to cool down and meld to become less sharp and floral. The staying power and complexity on this is amazing for whom it suits, but that's not me. I wanted to like this. I really did.

on 6/4/2015 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Bought this duty free at the airport in Cabo, leaving after a month and needed a new summer scent...I love this. Get a lot of compliments when I wear it. I was walking by a jean jacket I had worn weeks ago and it smelled so wonderful...yes it was this perfume. I couldn't stop smelling my coat. A new summer fav, bought at my most favorite 2nd place in the world.....yep, I'll be wearing this forever!!!!

on 4/30/2015 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

The packaging offers a true reflection of the product.

Its very hard to go wrong with Armani and this is no exception.

Fresh,kind of sweet musky(oxymoron I know) and very summery.

I was given this by Andrea a friend who didn't like it- Delighted, as I would have never gone for a perfume this fresh myself!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is my favorite summer scent. It's very fresh,clean & musky.It's really masculine at first, but the dry down is lovely with my chemistry.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I liked the scent at first but when I was halfway of finishing the bottle the scent started to give me migraine and nausea.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

A very beautiful, deep musky scent.

Stays true to the Acqua part in its name; has this marine scent.
It's like what you'd smell if you chanced upon a mermaid combing her hair, radiating this scent.

It's not for everyone, I understand, especially those who easily are allergic to strong perfumes. Spraying on too much, you're bound to make someone have a sneezing fit in an elevator.

This is the most longlasting perfume in my collection and I would continue to buy this again.

on 7/12/2014 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

A very conventional sweet, clean, and marine scent-- common place and undistinguished. Has some lemony notes up top, along with faceless florals in the mid section and laundry musk in the base. However, all these are overpowered by the persistent marine notes. Not a fan of this genere.

Popular Fragrances