Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Trio - Walking on Eggshells

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Trio - Walking on Eggshells

4.4

on 11/12/2015 11:27:00 AM

This is an inexpensive eyeshadow pallet and has a huge following (on pinterest). So I thought I can afford to try it.
It has 3 colors and they are nice, but the two lighter shades are very light for me (olive) and looked chalky on my lid. I do not like to put anything under my brows, I think it looks weird on me.
However the brown shade is good for me, so I use that one only. You just can't lose really, it is so inexpensive.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

At 33 years old, I am re-learning how to apply makeup properly by watching various Youtube MUAs. This trio of eyeshadows comes highly recommended by many MUAs and makeup junkies. I was excited to find this trio at my local Walgreens and got it on sale for around $1.99. I ADORE this trio, here are some specifics:

PRICE: I believe the normal price range for these is around $2.99. These are worth every penny if not more! These trios often go on sale (at least at my Walgreens), and I have seen Wet N Wild coupons before too.

PACKAGING: Standard WnW plastic packaging- a bit on the chintzy side, but no complaints here since the price is FAB. The trio comes with a spongetip and mini brush. There is no mirror, but again, the price is FAB!

FORMULA: These shadows are buttery and finely milled with very high pigmentation. A little goes a long way with these. All three colors have this same gorgeous consistancy and seem to good to be drugstore. Since they are highly pigmented, it is wise to tap the excess of your brush prior to applying to avoid fallout.

COLOR: The pink eyelid color is SO soft and frosty and creates an angelic look. I have brown eyes so this color really contrasts nicely and has a great brightening effect. The brown crease color is perfectly paired with the pink eyelid color. I have used this color as recommended- lightly in the crease and it creates a natural depth and contour without looking too dramatic. The ivory browbone color is indeed a great highlight for the browbone or inner corner, but can also stand on its own. I have used just this color on my entire lid to create a wide-awake, doe eyed, angelic look.

This trio is great for everyday use and it seems it would work great for ALL skin tones/eye colors. FABULOUS!

on 1/24/2015 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Stunning. Cheap. Perfect little palette. Better than Mac. Believe it! Wet N Wild is a force to be reckoned with! Don't waste your hard earned money on high end eyeshadow. Buy this!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I really love this trio. I dont have lots of Wet n Wild products because here in Europe they are not easy to find.
Anyway....beautiful colours, they blend well and they are Amazing!! This trio is perfect for everyday use.
Unfortunatly the packaging is crap.. But for the price I cannot really complain

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I hate to bring down the ratings, but I just dont get it. These shadows have no color payoff what so ever. I layer and layer and it just doesnt show up!
Maybe I got a dud...

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Love this for an every day look. Its super cheap too! It is pretty powdery so you have to shake off your brush before applying but then it is just beautiful. Definitely will repurchase this. [=

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff is the bomb. The colors are so pigmented and last all day (with a primer). They are a bit powdery but just a tap of your brush and your good to go. I wear this every day and I will repurchase when I run out and for $3 you can't go wrong with these shadows

on 9/12/2012 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Overall: 4

Price: 1 ($2.96 CAN)

Packaging: 4

Buy again: yes

------------------------------------------

I bought this trio because everyone's been talking about it. I love neutral colours, so I gravitated towards it instantly. The colours are beautiful, wearable, and shimmery, so it's great to brighten the eyes. If you don't like shimmer, you won't like these.

I have no problem with creasing or fall out, so for me, it's great. And the fact that I can pick up one of these palettes for less than $3, is even better!

on 6/19/2012 3:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

LOVE. I am not a big eyes hadow wearer, I usually will just tight line and mascara, but when I do wear eye shadow I am constantly reaching for this wonderful little palette.it's just gorgeous. I love the lid color. It's what I wanted mac's expensive pink to be. you can really build up the crease color if you want, but go light and this trio gives just the prettiest natural look like i like, like i'm just naturally gorgeous, haha.
I HIGHLY recommend!!!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love wet and wild shdows, they are so GREAT!!! They are some of my Fave shadows to use. They are easy to blend with great pigmentation to them.