Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Trio - Walking on Eggshells

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

on 8/19/2017 5:24:00 PM

I need more eye shadow like I need a hole in the head, but based on these reviews I went out and bought this little trio. I am impressed with this! Yes, the shades are shimmery but I really like this trio. I can honestly say that I will use all three of these shades, I am one that typically doesn't highlight the browbone but will now. This is perfect for a simple eye shadow look which is suitable for my 40 plus self. I find that I like to use a lighter lid shade and then a darker color in the outer corner which I will blend up into the crease, this is perfect for that. Who knows maybe I will experiment with the browbone shade as a lid shade and see what that does too. I am wanting to grab the I'm Getting Sunburned trio but I think that one has carmine which I need to avoid, but I might grab it anyway who knows. That has a really cool golden copper color that I think I may just have to have.

I give this 5 stars all the way, I am debating on buying another one of the trios and one of the comfort zone palettes now, not to mention considering buying a second one of this in case they are discontinued. For the price these are nice shadows. Well done WNW! Another drugstore gem!

Love this trio I wanted it because I had read that the lid shade is a dupe for Sin and I have to agree it's pretty spot on. Also these shadows are so soft and buttery. They apply like a dream and they stay flawless until I remove them. I mixed these shadows with all sorts of palettes and they work great. You can never tell what is HE and what is DS nor do I really care because a good shadow is a good shadow in my book. For the price it cannot be beat! I love these shades I like to use the brow bone shade as well. I use this and Sweet as Candy together and they work well. These shades are also great for my very cool undertone, NW20,or below skintone, green eyes, blonde hair for reference. Also the packaging isn't terrible and it does the job for 2$ who am I to complain. Love!

on 9/2/2016 7:07:00 PM

I started using this a few years ago when someone said the browbone shade was a dupe for UD venus in the first basics palette. I used that shade everyday for a brow highlight but was running low and some of it cracked. I got this for I think $3 and have used the brow color in Venus' place ever since. It's a nice white/creamy shimmery frosty color. I strictly use it for my browbone, nothing else. And honestly, have never touched the other 2 colors Not sure why, maybe because I have so many other things to use but maybe one day I will try them instead of just tossing when i'm done with the white. I use this almost everyday because it's just a simple no brainer look for work with a matte nude on the lid and light brown in he crease. I use a fluffy brush to pick some up and swipe on, diffuses it a little bit so it's not too intense. Have gotten compliments on it. I think it's worth a try for $3. Will continue to repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Found my eyeshadow fave of the moment :) I'm seriously never ceasing to be impressed with WnW powders- blushes, bronzers and shadows. It's one area they do consistently well. The pigmentation, shimmer, creaminess and longitivity of these shadows rivals the highest of the high end. Seriously, packaging aside they're top quality and their reviews speak to that.
The colors in this palette are great everyday-wear shades- your pale champagne gold, your light dusty mauvey rose, and your medium golden bronze. They are pigmented and shimmery and not chalky in the least. I didn't experience any fallout either!
The price is a steal- not to mention it was BOGO on WnW cosmetics at CVS. You simply cannot beat these for the price.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

This is one of my most used palettes. In fact, I used it almost exclusively for months and I still haven't made a complete dent into any of the shadows. The neutrals are excellent for everyday, not boring matte but not glitter bomb sparkly either. Just the perfect hint of shine, especially on the eyelid shade. I would say that it's a sort of eggshell finish. They're very pigmented and long lasting with primer. The packaging is the standard cheapo Wet n Wild so I'd be careful traveling with it, but the shadows haven't cracked on me yet. Also appreciated the labels on the shades when I was first starting with eyeshadow. Definitely worth picking up.

I have alot if palettes but I've used this daily for the last year for the highlighter and pink. I love using this for the browbone and the pink for the center to make the eyes pop or a transition color. I also would use the brown when I would take my makeup to work when I was running late I would just run it across the crease of depth. I would pack this and use all three and get superior results in lazy sleepy bathroom applications. This, colorstay whipped, and mascara...good to go. Lol but I use this when doing my makeup good, and I love the white. It's one of the best ever and it's dirt cheap, it's shimmery but not disco kind but one the reflects light subtly it's so good for the browbone....I use the under urban decay primer, last eight hours, finely milled, good soft texture and pigmentation. The packaging is cheap hasn't broke on me or anything.

on 9/19/2015 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This palette is almost perfect. I wish I could get rid of the middle crease shade as I never touch brown eye shadows. It just does nothing to compliment my coloring. I'm blonde, green eyed, and very pale (neutral leaning yellow). Other than that though... I don't have a single complaint. Wet n Wild makes AMAZING eye shadows. I find them comparable to Urban Decay in terms of pigmentation and (buttery) texture.

I absolutely love the lid shade. It is a medium champagne beige color. This shade is perfect for making my green eyes pop - without looking overdone/clown-y on my pale skin. I wouldn't limit it to pale skin nor green eyes though. The champagne color is a pretty universal shade and would flatter many eye/skin combos. It reminds me of one of my favorite Too Faced eye shadows - Silk Teddy. I own Silk Teddy in the TF Natural Eye palette. In all honesty I think I love them equally. Both are wonderful.

The highlighter shade is nice, too. It's a light cream color. There's nothing wrong with it whatsoever but I find myself only bothering with it if I'm adding in a crease color too. The brow color (highlighter) definitely completes an eye look.

I will force myself to use the crease color from this trio next time I'm sporting a spray tan. For the record I've repurchased Walking On Eggshells several times since 2008. The lid color is worth it to me to buy another even if i didn't touch the other two as much. But at $3, who cares.

This product is my default for when I don't know what I want to do with my makeup, simply because the colors are so easy to apply and blend and the end result is just a kind of natural glam. I don't use much of the crease color because it pulls a bit red on me, but the lid color is fantastic. The browbone shade is one of the few colors that I can actually use as a browbone highlight, which is nice, but the formula is a bit on the drier side compared to the other two (still better than a lot of drugstore shadows tho). Overall this is fantastic for beginners but I would say even if you are just looking to have a really simple day shimmer look or to have these admittedly generic colors in one place, you should go ahead and pick this up since it is so inexpensive and easy to use.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I bought this palette a while ago, and for whatever reason, I've decided to pan it. I absolutely adore the eyelid shade -- a sparkly pink champagne. The midtone brown is alright, and the browbrone shade is pretty good. The winner though is the eyelid shade. I wish WnW would carry it as a single!

Really nice drugstore product. The colors are silky soft and pigmented, and are easy to apply. Fairly long wearing. I was surprised at the quality of this product, considering the price. I purchased mine for $3 including a mascara. Performs like a much more costly product. I would recommend everyone have this in their kit.