wet n wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Quad - Walking on Eggshells

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is a good trio for a simple, every day, work-friendly look, especially on lighter skin (though of course it would work well on deeper skin tones as well.) If I only had two minutes to do a quick eye look, this is absolutely something I'd reach for. It is nice for traveling as well, since it is so small, but I have the same problem with it that I have had with other WnW trios and palettes since they reformulated/changed to the black packaging: the shadows are very fragile and prone to breaking if they're not handled carefully. I went through two Comfort Zone palettes before I gave up for this very reason, and the eyelid shade in this trio broke, though not completely. I know they are inexpensive, but it is frustrating to keep buying the same product again and again not because I used it up or it expired but because it keeps breaking at the slightest jostle. I took off one lippie for that, because otherwise it is a great staple to have on hand for quick and pretty looks.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is so great, I use it a lot. Nice flattering shades, pigmented, buttery texture without fallout. A little drugstore gem.

on 1/11/2017 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love the pink and brown in this trio - the white is perfect for highlighting. I find that these browns and pinks are very similar to Silent treatment and Sweet as Candy - being a pink and brown with a cream, but I still love them.

What can I say that hasn't already been said? Amazing texture, no fallout etc. One of my favorite eye make up products and totally lives up to the hype. A bargain to boot!

All of the wet n wild shadows are worth trying out for the price. This one is nice but color wise not my favorite but you really can't go wrong buying to try out

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This is easily one of the most popular e/s palettes at the drugstore, and I can see why. This neutral trio would probably work for most women. I use this palette or WnW's "Silent Treatment", almost daily! These shadows are nicely pigmented and silky smooth in texture. I usually use the lightest shade as a highlight, and usually mix the brown and pinky/peach shade together for my lid color. The light/medium golden bronw is very flattering for dark blue eyes. I don't love the packaging on these trios, which looks as cheap as it is, but for the actual shadows, I give this 5 lippies! Love it!

on 5/23/2014 9:49:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Beautiful eye shadow trio!!! I mean really really pretty!! This is a lovely color combination of neutral shades. Love the champagne base shade, and the bronze crease shade....although I wish they had made the crease shade in a matte formula as opposed to shimmer/pearlescent. The browbone shade is stunning too; a soft ivory shimmer which looks amazing as a highlighter! The pigmentation of all three shades is excellent.

on 3/15/2014 11:45:00 PM

I bought this after seeing many beauty gurus on YouTube talk about how this is a HG trio for them. I have other WnW ColorIcon shadows that I love (I'm thinking of Sweet as Candy and the single Brulee), so I had high expectations for this trio.

The first thing is that the shadows are very soft and very pigmented. The colors, both in the pan and swatched on the hand, are very, very pretty. The shades are nice and soft, neutral, and very feminine. The problem is once they're applied to my eyelids.

I'm 33 years old and have a little bit of crepiness on my lids from years of excessive tanning and smoking (neither of which I do any more, thankfully!) so I have to be careful with frost. A little shimmer, a little sparkle is fine, but frost finish shadows don't go on my lids very well. Even with a primer it tends to settle in every little fine line.

The eyelid shade in this trio is a gorgeous sort of pinky undertone champagne color. It swatches beautifully, but on my lids it settled into tiny little lines and looked very separated. Like the pink separated from the gold and the gold settled into the lines and looked marbled.

If you're like me and you have trouble wearing frost finish shadows, try their other neutral trio, Sweet as Candy. It's more of a shimmer finish than a frost with very similar, very pretty shades.

This is a very pretty palette. Simple nice colors, nothing is too over powering in anyway. I haven't tried Wet n Wild products since I was a little girl playing with them bc they were cheap . I saw ladies on here in FOTD's with it and wasn't sure if it was as good as it appeared on them, but it is! It is beautiful for a day look, nice quality, and very affordable. I use this usually w/o primer, but sometimes with Kat Von D's primer. I have also picked up "Silent Treatment" and am impressed with that one also. For a more dramatic look I use the brown w/gold flakes in that one at the outer and inner corner of my eye and use the Walking On Eggshells as instructed. It makes a beautiful clean & simple dramatic eye. I am still surprised (and newly obsessed) that this product can have as much worth as it does. I'm simplifying my stash and had no bad feelings giving higher priced make up and bringing these in. Even if your skeptical, try one out. You my be surprised and impressed too, I hope so!

on 11/24/2012 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I think this palette is great. The colors show up very well for being so cheap. I wear this ALMOST daily. I have the UD Naked Palette (the first tone) and honestly, I like this Wet 'n' Wild palette better. It's foolproof and pigmented. The price is nice for any budget. I'd definitely buy this trio again.