wet n wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Quad - Walking on Eggshells

wet n wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Quad - Walking on Eggshells

4.6

on 3/16/2016 9:14:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

These are really nice eyeshadows, even compared to more expensive brands. They apply smoothly, are pigmented, blend easily and don't crease. I don't reach for this one often, I guess the shades in this one just don't wow me. Either way it's a great trio of shadows. I personally would not repurchase but I did put my rating here as a "would repurchase" since it's certainly worth owning but the shades are just not my fav for some reason.

Oh and apparently these shades are a dupe for UD's Smog, Sin and Virgin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

At 33 years old, I am re-learning how to apply makeup properly by watching various Youtube MUAs. This trio of eyeshadows comes highly recommended by many MUAs and makeup junkies. I was excited to find this trio at my local Walgreens and got it on sale for around $1.99. I ADORE this trio, here are some specifics:

PRICE: I believe the normal price range for these is around $2.99. These are worth every penny if not more! These trios often go on sale (at least at my Walgreens), and I have seen Wet N Wild coupons before too.

PACKAGING: Standard WnW plastic packaging- a bit on the chintzy side, but no complaints here since the price is FAB. The trio comes with a spongetip and mini brush. There is no mirror, but again, the price is FAB!

FORMULA: These shadows are buttery and finely milled with very high pigmentation. A little goes a long way with these. All three colors have this same gorgeous consistancy and seem to good to be drugstore. Since they are highly pigmented, it is wise to tap the excess of your brush prior to applying to avoid fallout.

COLOR: The pink eyelid color is SO soft and frosty and creates an angelic look. I have brown eyes so this color really contrasts nicely and has a great brightening effect. The brown crease color is perfectly paired with the pink eyelid color. I have used this color as recommended- lightly in the crease and it creates a natural depth and contour without looking too dramatic. The ivory browbone color is indeed a great highlight for the browbone or inner corner, but can also stand on its own. I have used just this color on my entire lid to create a wide-awake, doe eyed, angelic look.

This trio is great for everyday use and it seems it would work great for ALL skin tones/eye colors. FABULOUS!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have been on the lookout for this trio for several months, but CVS always seems to be out of it (must be because of how awesome it is!). I finally snagged one yesterday and used it for the first time this morning. For reference, I am fair skinned with green eyes. I love this trio! I used it exactly as it is supposed to be used: medium shade on lid, lightest shade on browbone, and darkest in crease. It is silky and highly pigmented, and blends beautifully. What I really like about it is only a light touch is required. I simply swipe the two lighter colors on with the sponge applicator, and tap my blending brush into the darker color. I could see how there would be fallout with this product if you press too hard or try to pick up a lot of color on the brush, but since it is highly pigmented, that is not necessary. Try using just a light touch and you should get enough color. I did use a primer, which may have helped with the color adhering to my lids. These are shimmery shades, but not so much that they can't be used for daytime. I would say they are lightly shimmery, office appropriate nudes. They appear much more shimmery in the pan than they do on the skin. Best of all, the trio cost a mere $3, and will probably last a very long time. This is a great buy! If I had to choose one neutral pallette for my eyeshadow, this would be it.

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Once you get over the cheap packaging, you will fall in LOVE with this trio. It is super creamy, pigmented and blend-able. This can be an everyday item for any skin tone.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This trio is really fantastic. I'm a neutral eye lover and this palette makes it so easy and foolproof. The champagne lid color is great, it reminds me a lot of Stila Kitten, MAC Naked Lunch, UD Sin, etc. The crease color is very nice and unlike any other in my army of brown shadows. The highlight color is even lovely, it's a light off white shade. All of these colors are shimmery, which may be a bit much for some people. I find them to be very well pigmented, blendable and the colors really work perfectly together. This is a staple in my collection and I highly recommend it to any neutral lover who wants a nice shimmer from time to time. For the price, you can't go wrong. Great product.

Video Reviews & Tutorials