Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Trio - Walking on Eggshells

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Found my eyeshadow fave of the moment :) I'm seriously never ceasing to be impressed with WnW powders- blushes, bronzers and shadows. It's one area they do consistently well. The pigmentation, shimmer, creaminess and longitivity of these shadows rivals the highest of the high end. Seriously, packaging aside they're top quality and their reviews speak to that.
The colors in this palette are great everyday-wear shades- your pale champagne gold, your light dusty mauvey rose, and your medium golden bronze. They are pigmented and shimmery and not chalky in the least. I didn't experience any fallout either!
The price is a steal- not to mention it was BOGO on WnW cosmetics at CVS. You simply cannot beat these for the price.

on 4/3/2016 5:56:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This eyeshadow trio is gorgeous!! Lovely for day to day wear. The eyelid shade is absolutely stunning and I actually use that shade as a highlighter on my cheekbones when I want a.really intense highlight. The browbone shade is the least pigmented but I love that about it since some highlights are too shimmery and intense to put on the browbone so this shade is great! The crease shade is also very pretty! Also considering how cheap it is, around $3 Canadian, you can't go wrong! I really recommend trying this out and it doubles up at a highlighter if you like pinky highlights☺☺

on 3/16/2016 9:14:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

These are really nice eyeshadows, even compared to more expensive brands. They apply smoothly, are pigmented, blend easily and don't crease. I don't reach for this one often, I guess the shades in this one just don't wow me. Either way it's a great trio of shadows. I personally would not repurchase but I did put my rating here as a "would repurchase" since it's certainly worth owning but the shades are just not my fav for some reason.

Oh and apparently these shades are a dupe for UD's Smog, Sin and Virgin.

on 3/1/2016 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

My only experience with Wet n wild was from years and years back, when I picked up some of their products that happened to be complete misses. I thought that was just the quality of the brand and never really went near them again. That was, until I decided to go cruelty free and saw the brand being mentioned again and again as inexpensive and with a lot of good products. Finally I caved and got this, after hearing it was such a good Mac dupe again and again. I couldn't have been more shocked when I opened this and swatched it. (I think I might even have let out a terribly dramatic gasp!) It's like silk against the pad of your finger, and it swatches beautifully. Now I've only ever used this with a primer (because no eye shadow stays put on my oily lids without it), but it stays on and looks beautiful all day long. I'm usually all for applying eye shadow with brushes, especially as to contaminate the shadows as little as possible. But with this one I find myself wanting to make an exception, simply because of the lovely texture and formula of the shadows. I will definitely buy more of these in the future. Not all their trios are vegan, but this one is!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I really love this eyeshadows

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

At 33 years old, I am re-learning how to apply makeup properly by watching various Youtube MUAs. This trio of eyeshadows comes highly recommended by many MUAs and makeup junkies. I was excited to find this trio at my local Walgreens and got it on sale for around $1.99. I ADORE this trio, here are some specifics:

PRICE: I believe the normal price range for these is around $2.99. These are worth every penny if not more! These trios often go on sale (at least at my Walgreens), and I have seen Wet N Wild coupons before too.

PACKAGING: Standard WnW plastic packaging- a bit on the chintzy side, but no complaints here since the price is FAB. The trio comes with a spongetip and mini brush. There is no mirror, but again, the price is FAB!

FORMULA: These shadows are buttery and finely milled with very high pigmentation. A little goes a long way with these. All three colors have this same gorgeous consistancy and seem to good to be drugstore. Since they are highly pigmented, it is wise to tap the excess of your brush prior to applying to avoid fallout.

COLOR: The pink eyelid color is SO soft and frosty and creates an angelic look. I have brown eyes so this color really contrasts nicely and has a great brightening effect. The brown crease color is perfectly paired with the pink eyelid color. I have used this color as recommended- lightly in the crease and it creates a natural depth and contour without looking too dramatic. The ivory browbone color is indeed a great highlight for the browbone or inner corner, but can also stand on its own. I have used just this color on my entire lid to create a wide-awake, doe eyed, angelic look.

This trio is great for everyday use and it seems it would work great for ALL skin tones/eye colors. FABULOUS!

on 1/4/2015 6:16:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I'd always heard great things about WNW eye shadows, but the colors sets looked either too dull or too intense in the pan. I got this on a whim, thinking it will kill my lemming to try a UD Naked palette. Big palettes are wasted on hooded eyes anyway. These shades are very different on than in the pan. They are shimmery and pigmented, but not chalky. They blend like butter. The crease color is a shimmery golden brown that is not too dark. This is perfect for a soft smokey neutral eye effect. It's subtle, but classy. The pink is very pigmented. I keep wanting to like pink eye shadows but find it gard to pull off. But its nice to have. The highlight shade is a slightly golden cream. They could work as set but it's really the crease color that I like. It's so blendable.

I have hooded blue eyes, so I do my eyes differently. I use the crease color over the crease, but not up to the brow. Nothing blends and so I can end up looking dirty. I often just use bronzer to avoid that. . This is the best crease shade I have found. I love it. It's not matte but it doesn't crease It's not too shimmery eihter. All of the shades are simmery in this group.

The casing is terrible. It will break and is hard to open. Great for the price.

on 10/20/2014 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love this trio! it's my go to look for the weekend! (little too much shimmer for school, I prefer matte shades for that) I LOVE the eyelid color, and I have heard its a dupe for UD Sin, so definitely pick this little guy up if you are a fan of that.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought this because everyone loves it and its like 3 dollars, so why not? I like the colors and they show up really well, but it's really shimmery. I like some shimmer, but I my eyes get irritated by it sometimes so I prefer less shimmery or matte eye products. It's a great palette with pretty colors, but if you have issues with shimmer, don't buy it.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This popped my Wet n Wild cherry, as Wet n Wild is for some reason not sold in any of my local or even semi-local drugstores- I found this trio on a random display at a grocery, which is actually sort of frustrating as I've been told by all of YouTube I need to try these shadows. And although I only use the crease colour, the hype is justified. The quality is great. High pigment, high blendability even with the most useless of brushes. Considering these factors and also the price, this is a foolproof choice in life.