wet n wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Quad - Walking on Eggshells

wet n wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Quad - Walking on Eggshells

Price: $

Price: $

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is a good trio for a simple, every day, work-friendly look, especially on lighter skin (though of course it would work well on deeper skin tones as well.) If I only had two minutes to do a quick eye look, this is absolutely something I'd reach for. It is nice for traveling as well, since it is so small, but I have the same problem with it that I have had with other WnW trios and palettes since they reformulated/changed to the black packaging: the shadows are very fragile and prone to breaking if they're not handled carefully. I went through two Comfort Zone palettes before I gave up for this very reason, and the eyelid shade in this trio broke, though not completely. I know they are inexpensive, but it is frustrating to keep buying the same product again and again not because I used it up or it expired but because it keeps breaking at the slightest jostle. I took off one lippie for that, because otherwise it is a great staple to have on hand for quick and pretty looks.

on 2/24/2017 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Wet N Wild. Aside from the monniker, which sounds like a topless bar or unclothed performer name, you make some DANG good eye shadow (though I wish you had more mattes to choose from). 'Walking on Eggshells' is a smooth and silky hit ! One of my fave shimmery assortments - beautiful on basically everyone (especially the champagne-y pink), though the light shade is not my first choice for highlighting super dark complexions. And for three bucks !! - Don't pee your pants.

on 3/30/2016 4:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Very good product, especially for the price. Worth every penny. As many others have said before me, these eyeshadows are buttery, pigmented, easy to blend and generally pleasant to use. I plan on investing on more WnW eyeshadows, as the quality is stunning for the price.
You often get what you pay for with makeup, but not in this case. My only gripe is the packaging; I find the case harder to open than it should be.

I love this palette . I must admit I have used this palette with other eye shadows but this is a great palette. It is inexpensive the colors are great and work well together . I do own this palette and I love the lightest color for a great highlight effect under my eyebrows as well as an eye shadow. I found it at Walgreen , Target and Five Below under $5 and sometimes I have seen it on sale great buy and the packaging is good this has never broken on me love it.
Definitely worth a try.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This is easily one of the most popular e/s palettes at the drugstore, and I can see why. This neutral trio would probably work for most women. I use this palette or WnW's "Silent Treatment", almost daily! These shadows are nicely pigmented and silky smooth in texture. I usually use the lightest shade as a highlight, and usually mix the brown and pinky/peach shade together for my lid color. The light/medium golden bronw is very flattering for dark blue eyes. I don't love the packaging on these trios, which looks as cheap as it is, but for the actual shadows, I give this 5 lippies! Love it!

on 3/15/2014 11:45:00 PM

I bought this after seeing many beauty gurus on YouTube talk about how this is a HG trio for them. I have other WnW ColorIcon shadows that I love (I'm thinking of Sweet as Candy and the single Brulee), so I had high expectations for this trio.

The first thing is that the shadows are very soft and very pigmented. The colors, both in the pan and swatched on the hand, are very, very pretty. The shades are nice and soft, neutral, and very feminine. The problem is once they're applied to my eyelids.

I'm 33 years old and have a little bit of crepiness on my lids from years of excessive tanning and smoking (neither of which I do any more, thankfully!) so I have to be careful with frost. A little shimmer, a little sparkle is fine, but frost finish shadows don't go on my lids very well. Even with a primer it tends to settle in every little fine line.

The eyelid shade in this trio is a gorgeous sort of pinky undertone champagne color. It swatches beautifully, but on my lids it settled into tiny little lines and looked very separated. Like the pink separated from the gold and the gold settled into the lines and looked marbled.

If you're like me and you have trouble wearing frost finish shadows, try their other neutral trio, Sweet as Candy. It's more of a shimmer finish than a frost with very similar, very pretty shades.

on 10/23/2013 3:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

It is a great palette for beginners and everyday makeup. The shadows are very pigmented and blendabilty and the colors are very pretty. I find that all of the shadows are too shimmery for everyday wear especially the brow bone color which was the least pigmented shadow. I wish the crease color would have been a matte shade and easier to blend. It would have been nice if it were all matte or satin shades.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Say hello to your new best friend. This is, hands down, the best $3 I have ever spent on makeup. If I could only use one eyeshadow set for the rest of my life THIS would be it without a doubt. The colors are absolutely beautiful and I was blown away by the quality. They're not chalky like a lot of the other WNW shadows. They are smooth with a satin finish and blend so so well. I won't go into a lengthy review because the 400 and something girls who reviewed this before me have pretty much summed it up but.... buy this. Definitely buy this. Then buy more for backups in case WNW discontinues because... well because it's just awesome.

on 1/30/2013 9:21:00 AM

So, so sad you all - I was so excited to try this Color Icon Trio. Just looking at the colors, it seemed like it would work perfectly on my eyes, but alas it did not. The browbone and eyelid colors DO look good, so I'm planning to keep the kit and search for another color to blend them with. It's the middle crease color, a basic medium/dark brown, that is so disconcerting once on my lid. Another user suggested the coppery/bronze color would bring out green eyes, but instead it makes me look like a 16 year old who snuck into her mom's eyeshadows stash and is trying to look grown up. There's seriously something "off" when I put it on; I think the shade is has too many gold undertones, and that just doesn't work with my pale, cool toned skin. Urgh, so frustrating. Perhaps it's just me. This is the second Color Icon Trio I've tried that's fallen short of my expectations, but at least this one has two redeeming shades I'll work with.

on 1/2/2013 4:08:00 PM

If you're looking for a simple, subtle, toned down, everyday palette, this trip is perfect for you! Obviously there isn't much colour to it, it's very toned down, but these colours together create a nice pulled together look. When I wear coloured lipstick and don't know how I want to do my eyes, I'll reach for this trio to keep the look simple. I wouldn't normally reach for this if I'm heading out on a weekend, but definitely a worthwhile staple in my collection!