wet n wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Quad - Walking on Eggshells

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm so conflicted and I feel betrayed- I know that sounds weird lol

I have loved wet n wild for years. Walking on eggshells was my favourite trio. The shadows felt so high end- buttery, creamy, super pigmented and the pink shade was to die for. So flattering.

The quad is a great example of "if it ain't broke, dont fix it". I dont know if I got a bad batch or something... The new formula is very chalky, significantly less pigmented, and just disappointing. The transition shade is beautiful and I like the addition, but the other shades have been kind of ruined. With the trio I loved applying the pink and white shades with my fingers and it was effortless. With the new formula, I felt like I was digging and trying so hard to build up pigment.

The trio was amazing quality, I got tons of compliments on my eyes- a lot of people actually asked if i was using the urban decay naked palette. This new formula is just okay. If you work at it, you can build it up to be similar to the trio but it doesn't have that reflective sheen. Overall it looks less rich and more dull.

Old formula pros:
- buttery, creamy consistency.
- strong colour pay off- very pigmented.
- the pink and white shades had a gorgeous reflective sheen that really made the eyes pop.
-quick, easy application.

New formula pros:
- transition shade is a nice addition
-a little less fall out than the original. Old packaging got a little messy.
- a little easier to blend than the original (but that may be because there is less pigment)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

High quality, long-lasting pigment for an unbeatable price

on 12/21/2017 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Beautiful, beautiful beautiful eyeshadows. Compete with MAC and Urban Decay quality. The Browbone shade is, a lil powdery but on me makes for a great icy highlight. Soft, pigmented, just a swipe will do. That eyelid shade sometimes I just swipe on and be done. Crease shade blends into the crease and outer corner so easily. Recommend for everyone.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is some of the best eyeshadow I own. It's very soft, pigmented, and smooth. I don't wear it often because I don't go for the shimmer as much, but it is the best. If they had a matte version, I would be all over it.

on 10/29/2017 8:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is one of those products I've purchased, repurchased and purchased again. Years ago I started buying WnW eye shadows because of MUA and they are still some of my favorite shadows. This palette is perfect for everyday use. I particularly love the eyelid shade.

on 9/30/2017 11:36:00 AM

I have several palettes and observed that they were not really pigmented . But I changed my brush ( to a fluffy one ) and now the eyeshadows work perfectly. The sheen is beautiful and the Color is unique . Good for every day look and safe enough even for the gym . The three colors give a wide option , I often use one shade only or two shades and they all look so good . Love them and so cheap !

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is so great, I use it a lot. Nice flattering shades, pigmented, buttery texture without fallout. A little drugstore gem.

I know everybody loves this trio, but they are not for me. I can't get good color payoff and it creases on my at about 6 hours. This is fine if I'm just running errands but I wouldn't go out of my way to buy it.

on 11/21/2016 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

LOVE this eyeshadow palette!!! I feel like it is so easy to create a super easy natural everyday eye look with this palette.These shadows feel like high-end ones and blend so easily. I seriously cannot believe that it is only $3!!! Will repurchase again and again!

on 9/2/2016 7:07:00 PM

I started using this a few years ago when someone said the browbone shade was a dupe for UD venus in the first basics palette. I used that shade everyday for a brow highlight but was running low and some of it cracked. I got this for I think $3 and have used the brow color in Venus' place ever since. It's a nice white/creamy shimmery frosty color. I strictly use it for my browbone, nothing else. And honestly, have never touched the other 2 colors Not sure why, maybe because I have so many other things to use but maybe one day I will try them instead of just tossing when i'm done with the white. I use this almost everyday because it's just a simple no brainer look for work with a matte nude on the lid and light brown in he crease. I use a fluffy brush to pick some up and swipe on, diffuses it a little bit so it's not too intense. Have gotten compliments on it. I think it's worth a try for $3. Will continue to repurchase.