Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon - Walking on Eggshells

Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon - Walking on Eggshells

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

My review is for the older version. There's been a reformulation (I haven't seen it yet, just read about it) around the end of 2017 and apparently it's not as good. I bought mine in December 2017 instore so luckily there's still lots of stock left to find. I consider this more a 4.5 than a 5 out of 5.

I put off buying this for a long time because people always seemed to consider it good "for the price", and I'd previously tried and loathed the WnW brushes which everyone else always raved about (seriously.. what do people see in them? Soft bristles don't mean jack if they're so soft and synthetic they don't pick up any product...). If you read my profile you'll see I hate wasting money on "dupes" that are actually inferior quality but raved about solely due to the price.

I wish I hadn't waited so long, because this palette is incredible. It's a thousand times better than my Lorac Pocket Pro, which I dislike for being too easy to muddy and mess up. I consider this formula to be a more pigmented, longer lasting version of the shimmer shadow quality in my Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Vol I. It's very easy to blend, has very little fall out, and is very flattering on my strongly yellow toned NC15 - NC20 complexion.

Another reason why I put this off for so long was because I thought the colours wouldn't match me. Every other light pink/beige/ivory shimmer clashed with my tone and creased and faded badly within a couple of hours, even over good quality primer in Winter. This doesn't fade much, and I do get some creasing in four hours, but lightly running a finger along my crease instantly fixes it without making the appearance muddy, unlike my attempts with other shadows. They look far nicer on my lid than they do when swatched on my arm. This is the only pink I've found that looked not-terrible on my skin tone. It is not at all prone to that streaky application I get when trying to pat on light pastel shimmer shades from other brands.

This is also the only eyeshadow I've ever bought that I've loved immediately, even if I don't take the price into account. For comparison I have bought Tarte, Lorac Pro, Chi Chi, Coastal Scents (mostly shimmers, all of which I researched to find the best ones first) and Elizabeth Arden. My biggest deal breaker when it comes to shadows is fall out. I hate fall out. My priorites are blending and smooth applications. I don't mind lesser pigmented shades as long as they can be built up easily and evenly. I noticed that this one has some shimmery sparkly fall out after a few hours if worn packed on without primer, but I had to be in direct light for that to be noticeable. I don't mind this too much though because I couldn't see colour fall out, just sparkles - but that may be because this palette is fairly close to my skin tone so I wouldn't notice. The sparkles did irritate my eyes a bit though.

I imagine someone with a darker skin tone than me who also has drier eyelids will like but not love this because of all of that, but for someone like me who wants soft glowy halo looks with minimal effort, hates muddy looks, and is used to lightly running their finger along their eye crease routinely anyway, this is the best palette for you.

If you have heard all the fuss about this but you didn't want to buy it because you hate wasting money on generic neutral shades that you've only ever heard be described as good for what you pay for... Go for it. This is hands down the best formulation in my collection. I'm actually going to destash my Lorac now, even though the colours aren't the same.

So this may sound contradictory what with my glowing review and 5/5 stars and all, but it isn't perfect. The sparkle fall out and eye irritation detract from this somewhat, but everything else about this is so spot on that I can't bring myself to bring it down a full star.

Oh, I forgot to mention. I have a faded scar running unevenly along my right eye crease, and every single matte shade I've tried - and most shimmers - apply unevenly on it, and wear off rapidly. This was not the case for this palette at all. I am very impressed with it for that.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is a good trio for a simple, every day, work-friendly look, especially on lighter skin (though of course it would work well on deeper skin tones as well.) If I only had two minutes to do a quick eye look, this is absolutely something I'd reach for. It is nice for traveling as well, since it is so small, but I have the same problem with it that I have had with other WnW trios and palettes since they reformulated/changed to the black packaging: the shadows are very fragile and prone to breaking if they're not handled carefully. I went through two Comfort Zone palettes before I gave up for this very reason, and the eyelid shade in this trio broke, though not completely. I know they are inexpensive, but it is frustrating to keep buying the same product again and again not because I used it up or it expired but because it keeps breaking at the slightest jostle. I took off one lippie for that, because otherwise it is a great staple to have on hand for quick and pretty looks.

on 8/19/2017 5:24:00 PM

I need more eye shadow like I need a hole in the head, but based on these reviews I went out and bought this little trio. I am impressed with this! Yes, the shades are shimmery but I really like this trio. I can honestly say that I will use all three of these shades, I am one that typically doesn't highlight the browbone but will now. This is perfect for a simple eye shadow look which is suitable for my 40 plus self. I find that I like to use a lighter lid shade and then a darker color in the outer corner which I will blend up into the crease, this is perfect for that. Who knows maybe I will experiment with the browbone shade as a lid shade and see what that does too. I am wanting to grab the I'm Getting Sunburned trio but I think that one has carmine which I need to avoid, but I might grab it anyway who knows. That has a really cool golden copper color that I think I may just have to have.

I give this 5 stars all the way, I am debating on buying another one of the trios and one of the comfort zone palettes now, not to mention considering buying a second one of this in case they are discontinued. For the price these are nice shadows. Well done WNW! Another drugstore gem!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Love this product so much! I got it as a gift and I never really thought of using it because the colors didn't really appeal to me, and i had so many other eyeshadows to play with. I personally don't like this as an eyeshadow at all, but the EYELID SHADE! Oh lord! Its GORGEOUS as a highlighter! Same goes with the browbone shade but the eyelid one is much more intense! Its not glittery so it gives a really beautiful glow! I use it a lot more often than my champagne pop highlighter by becca. I often mix the eyelid shade with some betty lou-manizer from the balm to make the perfect non-glittery super intense highlighter, and mixing it with something a little darker helps the color look better on me (since i'm on the darker side).
TL;DR This eyeshadow trio works amazing as a highlighter. And it's only $3. Thank me later. :)

on 7/29/2017 12:56:00 PM

HOLY SMOKES this eyeshadow trio is literally the bomb!!! Pigmentation is amazing, blends amazing, extremely soft and creamy, not a lot of fallouts as well. Never used the world's tiniest eyeshadow brush that comes with it and I think wet n wild should just ditch the brush entirely but for $3 who am I to complain? I dont use the crease shade often as I prefer to use a matte eyeshadow instead. However, the crease shade used on its own is really nice too though. The eyelid shade is great and the browbone shade is even better. As a whole this trio is great for on the go to fit in your makeup bag or for a day to day basis. Awesome basic must-have eyeshadow shade everyone should have in their collection.

Love this trio I wanted it because I had read that the lid shade is a dupe for Sin and I have to agree it's pretty spot on. Also these shadows are so soft and buttery. They apply like a dream and they stay flawless until I remove them. I mixed these shadows with all sorts of palettes and they work great. You can never tell what is HE and what is DS nor do I really care because a good shadow is a good shadow in my book. For the price it cannot be beat! I love these shades I like to use the brow bone shade as well. I use this and Sweet as Candy together and they work well. These shades are also great for my very cool undertone, NW20,or below skintone, green eyes, blonde hair for reference. Also the packaging isn't terrible and it does the job for 2$ who am I to complain. Love!

I've got to hand it to Wet'N'Wild, this trio is a must have in EVERYONE'S makeup collection. I keep this in my train case with my other staple products. I use this on days when I want a quick/easy look or when I'm not inspired with my current palette of choice. For such an affordable product, the pigmentation is out of this world. I'd definitely recommend for those who are also starting out in makeup. Those with more mature eyes and are worried about any fine lines/wrinkles showing you might want to skip this as it has shimmer in it.

I'm a little bummed out that I'm not liking this pretty eyeshadow trio nearly as much as I thought I would - especially after reading the glowing reviews from everyone. Don't get me wrong, I love Wet n Wild eye shadows in general and this trio is creamy, pigmented and very blendable. However, the colours are simply too light for me (I'm medium skin toned) to make any impact on my eyes. They just make me look washed out. I had to borrow a darker colour from my Comfort Zone palette to complete my look. I would try out other darker colours next time!

I've repurchased these shadows again and again. I especially love the pinkish champagne color. Its a close dup to Urban Decay Sin which was previously my go to shadow. I don't see any reason to spend the extra money now that I've found this.

This product gives great pigmentation the only reason I didn't give this 5 stars is because it has a lot of fallout .