wet n wild Color Icon - Walking on Eggshells

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is a good trio for a simple, every day, work-friendly look, especially on lighter skin (though of course it would work well on deeper skin tones as well.) If I only had two minutes to do a quick eye look, this is absolutely something I'd reach for. It is nice for traveling as well, since it is so small, but I have the same problem with it that I have had with other WnW trios and palettes since they reformulated/changed to the black packaging: the shadows are very fragile and prone to breaking if they're not handled carefully. I went through two Comfort Zone palettes before I gave up for this very reason, and the eyelid shade in this trio broke, though not completely. I know they are inexpensive, but it is frustrating to keep buying the same product again and again not because I used it up or it expired but because it keeps breaking at the slightest jostle. I took off one lippie for that, because otherwise it is a great staple to have on hand for quick and pretty looks.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is so great, I use it a lot. Nice flattering shades, pigmented, buttery texture without fallout. A little drugstore gem.

I've got to hand it to Wet'N'Wild, this trio is a must have in EVERYONE'S makeup collection. I keep this in my train case with my other staple products. I use this on days when I want a quick/easy look or when I'm not inspired with my current palette of choice. For such an affordable product, the pigmentation is out of this world. I'd definitely recommend for those who are also starting out in makeup. Those with more mature eyes and are worried about any fine lines/wrinkles showing you might want to skip this as it has shimmer in it.

on 6/23/2016 10:32:00 PM

Finally got around to buying this a few weeks ago...and Ive been reaching for it every day since. I mostly only use the lid shade...I find using the highlight shade is borderline overkill since the lid shade is shimmery enough to make eyes pop. On me it shows as more of a champagne shade than a true pink...which is perfect. Blends so well, it makes it easy to swipe and dash out the door. Easy breezy, cheap, and perfect for every day eyes. No real issues with creasing, fading, or fall out in my experience. Wish I had tried this years ago...

on 3/16/2016 9:14:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

These are really nice eyeshadows, even compared to more expensive brands. They apply smoothly, are pigmented, blend easily and don't crease. I don't reach for this one often, I guess the shades in this one just don't wow me. Either way it's a great trio of shadows. I personally would not repurchase but I did put my rating here as a "would repurchase" since it's certainly worth owning but the shades are just not my fav for some reason.

Oh and apparently these shades are a dupe for UD's Smog, Sin and Virgin.

What can I say that hasn't already been said? Amazing texture, no fallout etc. One of my favorite eye make up products and totally lives up to the hype. A bargain to boot!

on 11/15/2015 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is a product that definitely lived up to the hype for me. On my very fair neutral skin, the shades show up beautifully and they blend effortlessly. The shadows are highly pigmented and the staying power is really good over a primer. I haven't tried this without a primer because I have very oily lids, and oily skin in general, but with a primer I can get through the better portion of a working day without worrying about overly obvious creasing. This inexpensive little trio performs better than some of the more expensive shadows I own. I usually use the bottom two shades on the lid and pull in a matte shade for the crease and blending out, since all of the shadows in this trio are high shine. The packaging is nothing special, but it feels sturdy enough and hasn't cracked on me yet. This would be great for traveling. I highly recommend checking this trio out if you're looking for a quick and easy neutral palette.

All of the wet n wild shadows are worth trying out for the price. This one is nice but color wise not my favorite but you really can't go wrong buying to try out

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This is easily one of the most popular e/s palettes at the drugstore, and I can see why. This neutral trio would probably work for most women. I use this palette or WnW's "Silent Treatment", almost daily! These shadows are nicely pigmented and silky smooth in texture. I usually use the lightest shade as a highlight, and usually mix the brown and pinky/peach shade together for my lid color. The light/medium golden bronw is very flattering for dark blue eyes. I don't love the packaging on these trios, which looks as cheap as it is, but for the actual shadows, I give this 5 lippies! Love it!

on 5/23/2014 9:49:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Beautiful eye shadow trio!!! I mean really really pretty!! This is a lovely color combination of neutral shades. Love the champagne base shade, and the bronze crease shade....although I wish they had made the crease shade in a matte formula as opposed to shimmer/pearlescent. The browbone shade is stunning too; a soft ivory shimmer which looks amazing as a highlighter! The pigmentation of all three shades is excellent.