Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Trio - Walking on Eggshells

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

on 12/13/2017 1:21:00 PM

This is a gorgeous staple for EVERYONE's makeup bag. The pigment of these shadows rival high end eyeshadow: the lightest shade is a stunning satin ivory that looks very much like MAC shroom, the middle shade is a warm neutral medium brown and the eyelid is a gorgeous pinky beige that looks like MAC's naked lunch. All 3 shades brighten up eyes without looking overdone. If you add NYX yogurt as a base you can make the shimmer in these shadows stand out for a more glamorous look. The price is incredible, quality impeccable, and they can be worn just about any day. My only complaint, if i had to: is the packaging. It is flimsy and kind of dull. Otherwise...it's whats on the inside that counts isn't it? :P

My review is for the older version. There's been a reformulation (I haven't seen it yet, just read about it) around the end of 2017 and apparently it's not as good. I bought mine in December 2017 instore so luckily there's still lots of stock left to find. I consider this more a 4.5 than a 5 out of 5.

I put off buying this for a long time because people always seemed to consider it good "for the price", and I'd previously tried and loathed the WnW brushes which everyone else always raved about (seriously.. what do people see in them? Soft bristles don't mean jack if they're so soft and synthetic they don't pick up any product...). If you read my profile you'll see I hate wasting money on "dupes" that are actually inferior quality but raved about solely due to the price.

I wish I hadn't waited so long, because this palette is incredible. It's a thousand times better than my Lorac Pocket Pro, which I dislike for being too easy to muddy and mess up. I consider this formula to be a more pigmented, longer lasting version of the shimmer shadow quality in my Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Vol I. It's very easy to blend, has very little fall out, and is very flattering on my strongly yellow toned NC15 - NC20 complexion.

Another reason why I put this off for so long was because I thought the colours wouldn't match me. Every other light pink/beige/ivory shimmer clashed with my tone and creased and faded badly within a couple of hours, even over good quality primer in Winter. This doesn't fade much, and I do get some creasing in four hours, but lightly running a finger along my crease instantly fixes it without making the appearance muddy, unlike my attempts with other shadows. They look far nicer on my lid than they do when swatched on my arm. This is the only pink I've found that looked not-terrible on my skin tone. It is not at all prone to that streaky application I get when trying to pat on light pastel shimmer shades from other brands.

This is also the only eyeshadow I've ever bought that I've loved immediately, even if I don't take the price into account. For comparison I have bought Tarte, Lorac Pro, Chi Chi, Coastal Scents (mostly shimmers, all of which I researched to find the best ones first) and Elizabeth Arden. My biggest deal breaker when it comes to shadows is fall out. I hate fall out. My priorites are blending and smooth applications. I don't mind lesser pigmented shades as long as they can be built up easily and evenly. I noticed that this one has some shimmery sparkly fall out after a few hours if worn packed on without primer, but I had to be in direct light for that to be noticeable. I don't mind this too much though because I couldn't see colour fall out, just sparkles - but that may be because this palette is fairly close to my skin tone so I wouldn't notice. The sparkles did irritate my eyes a bit though.

I imagine someone with a darker skin tone than me who also has drier eyelids will like but not love this because of all of that, but for someone like me who wants soft glowy halo looks with minimal effort, hates muddy looks, and is used to lightly running their finger along their eye crease routinely anyway, this is the best palette for you.

If you have heard all the fuss about this but you didn't want to buy it because you hate wasting money on generic neutral shades that you've only ever heard be described as good for what you pay for... Go for it. This is hands down the best formulation in my collection. I'm actually going to destash my Lorac now, even though the colours aren't the same.

So this may sound contradictory what with my glowing review and 5/5 stars and all, but it isn't perfect. The sparkle fall out and eye irritation detract from this somewhat, but everything else about this is so spot on that I can't bring myself to bring it down a full star.

Oh, I forgot to mention. I have a faded scar running unevenly along my right eye crease, and every single matte shade I've tried - and most shimmers - apply unevenly on it, and wear off rapidly. This was not the case for this palette at all. I am very impressed with it for that.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Amazing eyeshadows and one of the best for drugstore!

on 10/29/2017 8:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is one of those products I've purchased, repurchased and purchased again. Years ago I started buying WnW eye shadows because of MUA and they are still some of my favorite shadows. This palette is perfect for everyday use. I particularly love the eyelid shade.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is a good trio for a simple, every day, work-friendly look, especially on lighter skin (though of course it would work well on deeper skin tones as well.) If I only had two minutes to do a quick eye look, this is absolutely something I'd reach for. It is nice for traveling as well, since it is so small, but I have the same problem with it that I have had with other WnW trios and palettes since they reformulated/changed to the black packaging: the shadows are very fragile and prone to breaking if they're not handled carefully. I went through two Comfort Zone palettes before I gave up for this very reason, and the eyelid shade in this trio broke, though not completely. I know they are inexpensive, but it is frustrating to keep buying the same product again and again not because I used it up or it expired but because it keeps breaking at the slightest jostle. I took off one lippie for that, because otherwise it is a great staple to have on hand for quick and pretty looks.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is so great, I use it a lot. Nice flattering shades, pigmented, buttery texture without fallout. A little drugstore gem.

Love this trio I wanted it because I had read that the lid shade is a dupe for Sin and I have to agree it's pretty spot on. Also these shadows are so soft and buttery. They apply like a dream and they stay flawless until I remove them. I mixed these shadows with all sorts of palettes and they work great. You can never tell what is HE and what is DS nor do I really care because a good shadow is a good shadow in my book. For the price it cannot be beat! I love these shades I like to use the brow bone shade as well. I use this and Sweet as Candy together and they work well. These shades are also great for my very cool undertone, NW20,or below skintone, green eyes, blonde hair for reference. Also the packaging isn't terrible and it does the job for 2$ who am I to complain. Love!

I've got to hand it to Wet'N'Wild, this trio is a must have in EVERYONE'S makeup collection. I keep this in my train case with my other staple products. I use this on days when I want a quick/easy look or when I'm not inspired with my current palette of choice. For such an affordable product, the pigmentation is out of this world. I'd definitely recommend for those who are also starting out in makeup. Those with more mature eyes and are worried about any fine lines/wrinkles showing you might want to skip this as it has shimmer in it.

on 1/11/2017 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Love the pink and brown in this trio - the white is perfect for highlighting. I find that these browns and pinks are very similar to Silent treatment and Sweet as Candy - being a pink and brown with a cream, but I still love them.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is one of my favorite eyeshadow trios ever! My favorite shade is the lid shade 😍 It goes with so many looks! The pigmentation is amazing as well. The only downside is the crease shade. I sometimes experience fall out and I wish it was a matte shade, not a glittery shade. But overall, it's an awesome trio for the price. 👍🏼