Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Trio - Walking on Eggshells

Filtered by skin tone : Other
Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Trio - Walking on Eggshells

4.5

on 8/19/2017 5:24:00 PM

I need more eye shadow like I need a hole in the head, but based on these reviews I went out and bought this little trio. I am impressed with this! Yes, the shades are shimmery but I really like this trio. I can honestly say that I will use all three of these shades, I am one that typically doesn't highlight the browbone but will now. This is perfect for a simple eye shadow look which is suitable for my 40 plus self. I find that I like to use a lighter lid shade and then a darker color in the outer corner which I will blend up into the crease, this is perfect for that. Who knows maybe I will experiment with the browbone shade as a lid shade and see what that does too. I am wanting to grab the I'm Getting Sunburned trio but I think that one has carmine which I need to avoid, but I might grab it anyway who knows. That has a really cool golden copper color that I think I may just have to have.

I give this 5 stars all the way, I am debating on buying another one of the trios and one of the comfort zone palettes now, not to mention considering buying a second one of this in case they are discontinued. For the price these are nice shadows. Well done WNW! Another drugstore gem!

Great shadow pallette and so cheap! The colors are nice and creamy and have a very satiny texture to them. My favorite is the bottom shade, which is great for every day wear. Perfect to dress up or just to wear to work. Great staying power too!

I'd heard so many rave reviews about this one that I was massively disappointed when I finally bought it. Firstly, it contains way too much glitter for my liking. Secondly, the eyelid color looks very pale when applied, the crease color could hardly be seen and the browbone color overwhelmed everything else. I also had a hard time blending out all the colors.

I find it much easier to work with NYX and L'oreal eye shadows, when it comes to drugstore brands.

The only good thing I can say about it, is that the colors are neutral and a good combination. For me, though, it doesn't work.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I love this stuff! It's my go-to on mornings when I don't have lots of time to spend on my makeup. It's AMAZING for being so cheap. None of the colors are too chalky or dry. They're a little soft, but don't break easily and make blending a dream. They build like a dream too. A problem I've had with cheap pallets is that all the colors seem to melt together and look the same once they're applied. Thank God that doesn't happen with this one. This trio is SUPER versatile and all 3 colors are just so darn pretty! I'd probably trade some of my Urban Decay shadows for this little thing.

Very pretty colors, very smooth texture. Only con... doesn't last long enough. No creasing, just wears away.

Literally my fave eyeshadow ever!!!! It's neutral and it just looks beautiful on. Surprisingly good quality and pigmentation for the cost. Love!

I love love love this trio! It's my absolute HG and whenever I need to travel I always bring this with me. I love a) how cheap it is and b) how pigmented and buttery soft these eyshadows are. Instead of the eyelid color, I actually use the crease color over my eyelid usually as I have inner double Asian eyelids and crease colors applied the Western way don't usually work on me. I've also found that that the brow bone color is great for highlighting the inner eyes and brightening up my face. My only gripe is the packaging.... but for 3 bucks a piece you can't go wrong!

What is THIS nonsense? $2.99 shadows that are just as good as some of my more expensive ones? Well, okay. I'm not going to go that far since the colors are a LITTLE chalky. But this is perfect for an everyday look. The colors are just enough to give me a polished look and they blend easily so it takes no time at all to do my makeup. With a base, they last forever! Will repurchase and look into other colors!

on 5/17/2012 10:10:00 AM

This is a great palette for creating soft, neutral looks. My favorite is the brown crease shade. I don't get as much use out of the cream and peach shimmery shades, though. Great quality, buttery texture and a little goes a long way. The packaging is flimsy and breaks easily.

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

Wet n' Wild has done a fabulous job with many of their eyeshadows, and this set is no exception. I was pleasantly surprised by the great pigmentation and wear (using a primer underneath). It's mind blowing to think that the entire trio costs less than most brand's single eyeshadows! I said that I wouldn't buy it again only because I've got so many other shadows in my collection.